This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 08:55:17 am    Post subject:

Please start HERE

The culmination of over fourteen months of hard work, Doors CS 6, a new shell and GUI for TI-83+/TI-84+ graphing calculators, is now available. Doors CS 6 brings ease-of-use, a mouse-based GUI, folders, networking, and more to your calculator. Run almost every filetype, including MirageOS, Ion, BASIC, ASM, and Doors CS programs. Extreme expandability and functionality for users and developers, plus a large and devoted support community. Check out the full feature list:

» With an integrated GUI API and Associated Program system, Doors CS programs can be smaller, faster, and better-looking than those for any other shell.
» Navigating Doors CS is easy if you’ve ever used a computer. Forget complicated menus and obscure keyboard shortcuts; instead use an intuitive mouse cursor to move and click on onscreen items.
» No need to juggle multiple shells such as MirageOS, Ion, and even the TI-OS itself: Doors CS can run all their files and many more.
» Tired of slowly searching through your program list? Organize your programs and files into nestable folders, then scroll quickly to the program you want.
» With CALCnet2, a built-in feature of Doors CS, you can connect two or more calculators together for chatting, multiplayer gaming, and more.
» If you’ve ever lost valuable projects to RAM Clears from bugs in other programs, you’ll be happy to discover Doors CS’s rock-solid stability. With Intelligent Writeback, your archived programs are only updated in Archive when changes have been made to the program itself, thus saving wear and tear on your Archive and drastically reducing Garbage Collection messages.
» Doors CS 6, your way: customize everything from your mouse speed and cursor to your desktop background. You can also install small modules called SEs to further extend the features and capabilities of Doors CS.
» Never get frustrated again with a question or problem; just visit the helpful Cemetech support forum and any of over five hundred members will be happy to assist.

Download: Doors CS 6.0
Digg It! Digg Article
More Info: Doors CS Wiki
View: More Screenshots

Last edited by Guest on 27 May 2008 01:55:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 09:07:24 am    Post subject:

Umm... You can remove the countdown... And make it say "DoorsCS 6.0 Has Arrived."

Looks awesome.
Do you have any other downloading links? I think Firefox doesn't want to cooperate.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 09:11:07 am    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
Umm... You can remove the countdown... And make it say "DoorsCS 6.0 Has Arrived."

Looks awesome.
Do you have any other downloading links? I think Firefox doesn't want to cooperate.
[post="101337"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

At the moment the only other download link is in the Doors CS wiki or at http://tifreakware.net/cemetech/dcs. Thanks. Smile
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 10:05:55 am    Post subject:

Wow! [drools excessively] [s]I can't download it here at school[/s] I will use an emulator to test it out. Finally, it is here! looks great
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 12:14:08 pm    Post subject:

Fixed that download issue, by the way. And thanks. Smile
Pseudoprogrammer

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 03:42:01 pm    Post subject:

That is very hawt. Very Gewd job.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 05:40:59 pm    Post subject:

Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
That is very hawt. Very Gewd job.
[post="101358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Glad to hear it. I hope lots of programmers take advantage of all the libraries it offers, such as the GUI API.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 06:23:54 pm    Post subject:

Woot! Now all we need is gCn finished and we can take full advantage of its features! Wink

BTW, I wish to ask that, other than the ability to run in the background, how does CALCnet2 improve upon TI-OS's linking feature?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 06:42:07 pm    Post subject:

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Woot! Now all we need is gCn finished and we can take full advantage of its features! Wink

BTW, I wish to ask that, other than the ability to run in the background, how does CALCnet2 improve upon TI-OS's linking feature?
[post="101376"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, you can link multiple calculators together at once, for starters... Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 06:52:32 pm    Post subject:

Assuming that there is both a I/O and a USB cable involved?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 07:00:37 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Assuming that there is both a I/O and a USB cable involved?
[post="101378"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nope, a multi-to-multi link cable, same as for Timendus' CLAP library.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 07:13:58 pm    Post subject:

Will it work with a regular I/O or USB cable?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 07:18:37 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Will it work with a regular I/O or USB cable?
[post="101380"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It works with a regular I/O cable, but you can only hook two calculators together. If, for example, you have 3 2.5mm sockets and 3 I/O cables, though, you can hook three calculators together.
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 08:39:25 pm    Post subject:

This looks great, Kerm. Just a few questions...
What exactly is the nature of the extra assembly libraries in DCS?
Are there still keyboard shortcuts for the people who prefer them?
How would the ability to link 3 calculators be beneficial?

Last edited by Guest on 20 Apr 2007 08:40:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 08:39:46 pm    Post subject:

This is the code I am using...

Code:
::DCS6
:(16x16 Icon COde)
:Float
:Goto 55

What is wrong? I get a Error 553 "BASIC Exec Error". Is that what is supposed to happen?

Last edited by Guest on 20 Apr 2007 08:40:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 10:54:00 pm    Post subject:

According to the DoorsCS Wiki, error 553 is "Variable intended for a different version [ERR: VERSION] ". Could you attach the program?

Once again, it seems the problem of a too-sensitive cursor editor cursor has gone un-addressed. Is this simply because there were bigger problems?

Last edited by Guest on 20 Apr 2007 10:57:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 11:07:49 pm    Post subject:

Well Done.

Harrierfalcon wrote:
According to the DoorsCS Wiki, error 553 is "Variable intended for a different version [ERR: VERSION] ".  Could you attach the program?

Once again, it seems the problem of a too-sensitive cursor editor cursor has gone un-addressed.  Is this simply because there were bigger problems?
[post="101390"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree, and some places I can't even place a dot in the cursor editor. I also found that upon entering dcs6, entering and exiting games, it paused a long time. Is it just slow or is something wrong?

Last edited by Guest on 20 Apr 2007 11:08:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 11:27:37 pm    Post subject:

I'd guess that you haven't garbage collected in a while.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 11:40:14 pm    Post subject:

How dare you accuse me of not collecting my own garbage! jk Good idea. I am doing it as i write this. Smile
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Apr 2007 08:28:32 am    Post subject:

pugboy: you need a " (quote) before the 16x16 code.
HarrierFalcon: most people report that bug to have been addressed...
baorder54: That's it checking if writeback is necessary to save wear and tear on your ROM.

Edit:
In case anyone is curious why exactly I think you should use Doors CS over other shells, take a look at Document DE. Weighing in at under 900 bytes and demonstrating the power of Doors CS, this full-featured text editor allows you to create, view, save, and open text files within an attractive and intuitive GUI interface. With Doors CS 6's associated program feature, you can open files from Doors CS without having Document DE 6 open. Also, keep in mind this took me a mere three days, maybe five hours of work total, to create, with the libraries Doors CS 6 offers.

Download
Document DE 6

Last edited by Guest on 22 Apr 2007 10:17:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 28 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement