This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 03:48:37 pm    Post subject:

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/AB.8xp

The above is one of the two border programs. I am looking for some people who want to create a border of some sort, that is 3 pixels wide (max). Here is the other bits of important info:

The program requires 4 variables; N O C D

N sets the right side of the border to where it will display on the screen, it can be set to 94 max.

O sets the bottom side of the border to where it will display on the screen, the minimum it can be is 0.

C sets the left side of the menu, minus 3. I know, that sounds odd, but that is what I got it set to. The minimum this can be set to is 3.

D sets the upper portion of the menu, minus 3. Again, this actually sets to just below the upper border, and cannot not go above 59.

Play around with the program, and change variable values, and you will see what it is I was doing. :)

If there are any other questions, after looking through the program, then let me know, will be more than glad to answer.

Looking forward to your responses! Smile
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 11:01:37 pm    Post subject:

If you shift the limits/inputs for N and C down one and O and D up one, you can save I think 16 bytes. With each variable you lose two bytes in two spaces but gain two in four spaces.

Old:

Code:
1->N
Line(0,N-1,1,N-1

New:

Code:
0->N
Line(0,N,1,N

I hope you can understand what I mean.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 04:51:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I understand, though I really don't feel like going through and fixing all the problems this will in the end cause... x.x

On the plus side, moving pokemon within the party menu works Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 09:38:47 pm    Post subject:

This shows moving system is up and running Smile
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 10:27:56 pm    Post subject:

OK, for 100% error-free switchover. (TM?)

Copy the subroutine to another program and modify it. Any time you find a place to change it, do it and call the new subroutine. Modify the old one to change the values by one, Pause, and then call the new subroutine. The Pause will alert you to any changes you've missed.

(I know, it's sounds like more trouble than it's worth but I liked the idea.)

As for the moving system:
At first glance the looping screenshot makes it look like changing was instantaneous. I was taken aback. Then I realized it wasn't really like that. Sad Still pretty cool, but is it necessary to redraw the whole screen?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 10:35:10 pm    Post subject:

I *could* set up a temp picvar, might make it a bit faster, but when it has to replace the text, I am not gonna try to bloat the code with pinpointing and clearing certain areas.

Also, removing the ! speeds things up considerably. Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 11:41:34 pm    Post subject:

Well, it's only there to indicate unfriendly conditions, I assume Smile.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 12:13:48 am    Post subject:

yeah pretty much, and getting rid of it will get rid of one less thing it will have to calculate, and decide if it should display the !.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 11:33:33 am    Post subject:

What if you only had it display the ! for fainted pokemon?
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 02:44:01 pm    Post subject:

It would probably make it even slower, because all the status conditions are probably 1 var, so having to check if it's 1 value would slow it down
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 08:48:32 pm    Post subject:

not bad so far. Kudos, ma amie!
calcdude84se

Posted: 19 Sep 2010 10:13:32 am    Post subject:

Holy necropost Batman!
There's a newer thread about the same game; I'll edit this post when I find it.
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Sep 2010 04:31:44 am    Post subject:

I think that the screenies look very good for a basic program, very fast for BASIC too.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 05:00:59 pm    Post subject:

again, another topic exists
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement