This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. UTI Members Chat => General Open Topic
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Oct 2003 07:18:27 pm    Post subject:

Whatever happened to our IRC room thingie?
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 10 Oct 2003 09:42:52 pm    Post subject:

No clue. I haven't been there in months. I think it will be integrated into the site when it's up and running though.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Oct 2003 09:43:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 03:12:55 am    Post subject:

It's still working, it's just very empty besides me, the bot and darth.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 09:45:50 am    Post subject:

I go in there for 1-2 hours a day.

Imp
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 01:00:51 pm    Post subject:

just join #unitedti.... it is fun chat for all Smile
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 11:00:06 am    Post subject:

I thought #unitedTI was the official chat, yet the topic now says unofficial?

Imp
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 04:41:25 pm    Post subject:

eh, i dunno Smile i think it may be official, but maybe not... Jbirk, can you tell us wether it is?

has anyone tried the new mIRC? does it kill itself after 30 days? cause it looks like it would...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 05:09:16 pm    Post subject:

There is no official one.

Quote:
has anyone tried the new mIRC? does it kill itself after 30 days? cause it looks like it would...

No, it works fine after 30 days, even the mirc installation I backed up from over 2 years ago still works.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 06:31:14 pm    Post subject:

We do need an official chat room, but that's stiil pretty far down the road. We are still dealing with the logo contest and building the site, so don't get your hopes up for anytime soon.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 07:21:52 pm    Post subject:

i think #unitedti should be it... and Darth's Tilith Bot could be our Channel bot controller Smile ill vouch for it's superiority over L Smile
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Oct 2003 12:53:30 pm    Post subject:

JoeImp wrote:
I thought #unitedTI was the official chat, yet the topic now says unofficial?

Imp

well, it IS unofficial until an admin approves it.
adm.wiggin: Tilith's reign has started! already have 2 channels (other than unitedti's, mine, and adm.wiggin's) that use her.

edit: yes, i think #unitedti should be the room. it is all set up against takeovers and such Smile
now all we need is a java applet to connect into the channel that has a link on the website :lol:

edit2: im thinking of something like #unitedti.member for a uti members-only channel with password

Last edited by Guest on 14 Oct 2003 12:58:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 14 Oct 2003 03:12:14 pm    Post subject:

Btw, for some reason, my version of mirc does kill itself at random times. I made up a simple program in VB (eww) that will reset it. Gimme emails and Ill send it.

Imp
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 04:42:54 pm    Post subject:

um... if you are/were using versions 6.0-6.11 there was a dcc exploit that could crash mIRC. just upgrade to v6.12 Laughing
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Oct 2003 07:14:52 am    Post subject:

Or type /dcc ignore on

BTW, Darth, could I have +mnova back in L's list?

Last edited by Guest on 21 Oct 2003 07:35:58 am; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Oct 2003 10:37:04 am    Post subject:

Well, there is no official chat room or bot for United-TI; however, in the future, I will make a chatter bot, and we can install a Java chat client.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 03:45:17 am    Post subject:

I who though that #unitedti at Quakenet already was our official chat room. I don't see any problems with making it official.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 12:19:30 pm    Post subject:

i have no problems either. i am currently owner of the channel, but i can move flags around very easily. jbirk, if you plan to make a bot, good luck. if you like mine, come see it and tell me what you think. feed back is welcome
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 12:43:17 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'd like to get ownership back, as I can't remember giving it away and stuff.

It kind of looks like you just want the channel to be yours, having a not-exactly-perfect bot 'run' the channel restricting acces and moderation (sadly, it seems more like removing it), not replying to my messages (until now, I think, yay!), and not returning my ownership flags and stuff (why where they removed anyway?).
<might not be true since it is an observation based on other people's comments>Oh, and telling people you set up the chan and stuff, even though you set up #uti and I set up #unitedti with some minor help on your part if I remember correctly.</stuff>

I just want ownership back so I can set up a bot script (soon, got a week of examns coming up) and actually make the channel moderated and have at least some control over it as to topic, operators, voices, rules, bots, etc. =(

Last edited by Guest on 22 Oct 2003 12:44:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 12:58:57 pm    Post subject:

1. im sorry, but i cant get into irc from my school, so i cant give yo uthe flags just now
2. you lost the flags when the L bot left and I got him back in the channel
3. i see no problems with my bot, so i dont know where you got "less than perfect" (the one time where it wouldnt let someone on (david L., i think) was a script that i was testing, and was promtly removed once i saw the problem in my daily logs)
4. rules and bots are to be decided by the admins. i (we?) will let in most until one is decided on.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 02:53:58 pm    Post subject:

1 Okie
2 And then you gave them back and <memory>cleared the list later to test something but forgot to put me back on it.</memory>
3 There's more, (like topic lock constantly on) half of which I already forgot because I can't do anything about it anyway and I've got more things to remember than some bad effects of your bot.
4 True, but I didn't mean as in deciding the rules, I meant having control over kicking/banning people because ... (reason x). If somebody came in the chan now (or pretty much any other time) and started doing stuff, there'd be nobody at all that would/could kick/ban that person.

Don't think I'm going to make a bot after all, just a script in my client, too lazy anyway. =/
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement