This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 09:19:36 pm    Post subject:

Dear UnitedTI community,

I've been honored to serve as the moderator of your humor and jokes forum for a long time now, and I've had a lot of fun doing it. Sadly, my free time has declined steadily over the last year, culminating in a 168hrs/week summer job that will occupy me for the next 9 weeks straight, during which time I will have extremely limited Internet access, further hindering my ability to moderate for our community. Because of this I feel obligated to step down as moderator, and allow another to take my place.

I am, as of now, unsure whether I will be able to return to the community after the end of my 9 week tenure at New England Frontier Camp, as I will be entering my senior year of highschool, during which I will be taking 2 college math classes, and my second upper-level college computer science class, as well as working on applying to college, finishing my eagle project, taking several big trips, and maintaining my social life in the real world (yes, I *do* have one).

If, due to these pressures, I am unable to return to the community, I will release the source code of all my current projects, with the only request being that they stay community maintained and opensource so that they don't die out before completion, and that I am credited as co-author when they are finally released on ticalc.org. I wish you all good luck, and hope to encounter some of you in the real world. It's been an amazing 2.5 years since I first acquired my calculator, and I hope the rest of you have enjoyed my stay as much as I have.

Fondly Farewell,
elfprince13
Thomas Dickerson.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jun 2007 11:05:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:03:55 pm    Post subject:

I have extremely enjoyed having you as a part of the community. Enjoy your life and stay focussed on what truly matters. Stop by if you can and say hi every once in a while.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:11:42 pm    Post subject:

You have been awesome to have around elfprince, and I wish you good luck and safe journey to where ever life may take you. Smile
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:20:33 pm    Post subject:

thanks guys,

bananaman, I'm sure you'll do excellently as my moderatorial replacement.

everyone: many of you guys have been amazing friends, and I'll miss you, you're always welcome to talk to me on AIM or yahoo (once I get back of course).

arcane wizard: you've done great things for this community, and have been around far longer than I. I forgive you for any offense you have caused me, and apologize for any offense I have caused you. I know we haven't been on the best of terms, but please man, don't make a fool of yourself now. This community needs strong leaders, not strong rebels.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2007 09:12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Graeli

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:28:02 pm    Post subject:

What are you doing for your eagle project?
That and Family Life is all I need to get eagle. Hope to see you soon, but farewell for now!
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 06:09:51 am    Post subject:

Good luck, elfprince, I hope this turns out like the last time you 'retired' on us. I know you'll succeed and excel at whatever life throws at you.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 09:10:51 am    Post subject:

Graeli wrote:
What are you doing for your eagle project?
That and Family Life is all I need to get eagle. Hope to see you soon, but farewell for now!

building a prayer labyrinth for my church

kermmartian wrote:
Good luck, elfprince, I hope this turns out like the last time you 'retired' on us.  I know you'll succeed and excel at whatever life throws at you.

thank you =)

also, a cookie for anyone who gets the reference in my topic title.

------
Countdown until departure: t-minus 5 hours, 20 minutes
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 11:14:26 am    Post subject:

Goodbye! I hope you enjoy your summer, and can come back afterwards. Senior year isn't as busy as people make it out to be anyway - junior year is the worst for most people. (Of course as a senior, you don't even want to do the work you do get)
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 11:37:38 am    Post subject:

Cya!

I've read enough old threads to know what a contribution to the community you have been.

Try and visit every now and then, will ya? Very Happy
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 12:29:08 pm    Post subject:

farewell and good luck

you have been a great contribution to UTI and the community

make sure to drop by once in a while so we know you are alright.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 12:49:28 pm    Post subject:

Seriously dude, I hope you come back. Have fun this summer, and make sure to keep up that social life. Smile
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 01:13:53 pm    Post subject:

Give me a cookie elfprince, am I the only one here who reads old sci fi?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 01:25:16 pm    Post subject:

all reet, here's a cookie.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 03:25:46 pm    Post subject:

Cool I'm lost in the first few lines!!!

Well, I'll see you around elifprince. I hope that your times away from the calc community [s]suck so you come right back[/s] are worth disconnecting yourself from us.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 03:32:35 pm    Post subject:

Well, I think I'm too late but goodbye!

You've been a great to have on board and have done so many projects I can't even remember them all!
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 05:11:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, thanks for all your brilliant ideas! I hope you will have fun with your new projects as much as you had here (and more).

Good luck!
axcho

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 11:48:26 pm    Post subject:

I know this is a bit late, but I haven't been around these forums for a while (as you may have noticed). Lot of new names here.

Well, elfprince13, it has been great to have you at UTI. You have been a valuable community member person and I'm sure you will be missed. Why, I remember back when you were but a wee newb... (not that you were ever very newb-ish) :)

Good luck with balancing school and social and personal stuff, and hope your computer science classes go well. Are you thinking of majoring in CS for college?

That labyrinth project sounds really cool. Send pictures of it for us?

About source code - is anyone interested in getting the code to some of my old projects? I'd be glad to put them up. There are plenty half-finished things I've never mentioned here. Let me know.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Aug 2007 01:51:07 pm    Post subject:

well, I'm back 2 weeks earlier than expected due to the fact that Cisco raised their food prices since last year and there weren't enough campers signed up for week 6 to cover the discrepancy in budget (Junior Counselors were asked to volunteer to leave early, or just work free for 2 weeks, since my brother was a week 5 camper anyway, and I really do need more time at home then I would have gotten from staying the whole summer I volunteered). On the plus side it means I get 2 more weeks of free summer time, on the minus side, I'm 270 dollars short of what I expected to make this summer......

I've decided I'll at least visit frequently, I'm still a little unsure if I'm gonna keep programming for the graphing calculators (my brother did just get an 89Ti).

anyway, I will send you pictures as the project progresses.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement