This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
finisher

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 10:54:33 pm    Post subject:

I've finally got around to beating Contra 83 multiple times, all with annoying problems and the same doubt.

-First time I beat it, with plenty of doubts and stuck places (on easy mode), it showed Err: Syntax.

-So I re-installed it and beat it again (on easy mode). It then showed Error: Mem.

-Re-install and beat it again (on easy mode). It finally got around to working, but I felt pulled hard by the message of "Try beating this game on hard mode".

-So I beat it again, this time, on hard mode. It friggin' showed error: invalid dim! Haha! I slowly began to lose it. BUT... I decided to research this thing and solved it by removing some variable or something that need be done to stop this error.

-I beat it again (god, is this patience) and the last time yet. In the place where it shows what difficulty I played, it said "mediumha". Wow... Either that's what really happens or something flunked on my end. I also got the a "Try hard mode" message.

I quit it for a while. The only question I have is: does anything new happen by beating it on hard mode? Like a new screen or message?
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 11:51:01 pm    Post subject:

finisher wrote:
The only question I have is: does anything new happen by beating it on hard mode? Like a new screen or message?
You can find out by opening up the program in TI Graph Link, and then looking through the code for the appropriate hard mode success check. That shouldn't take more than a couple minutes at most.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 07:02:32 pm    Post subject:

Nope, when I looked through the code, the only difference between hard and easy/med is how often the enemies fire, and that it doesn't display "try beating this on hard"
I think the only reason he added in difficulties was to increase the re-playability
finisher

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 10:08:19 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I don't have TI-Graph link, but at least I know what.

Thanks.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement