This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 03:29:34 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Doom89 10 Level Demo
Author :: AaroneusTheGreat
Category :: Ti-89 Asm Games
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=303[/img]
Description ::
This is a 10 level demo of my upcoming game Doom89

Updated Fri, Jun 29 2007 8:11 am

View File
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 04:59:00 pm    Post subject:

Oh, nice. The guys face indicates his condition and whether or not he is getting hurt. It reminds of Army Men: Sarge's Hero for some reason.

Excellent job!

*wishes it were z80*
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 05:07:46 pm    Post subject:

Awesome game! I think the facial expression is cool as well.

What's the thing at the top of the HUD? Is that just a design for eye-pleasing purposes?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 05:10:12 pm    Post subject:

I think the text with the Lives, Health, etc. would look better as white on black, if possible.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 06:30:10 pm    Post subject:

yes i agree, i'll see if i cant do that.

EDIT: done.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jun 2007 09:03:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 10:16:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh, nice. The guys face indicates his condition and whether or not he is getting hurt. It reminds of Army Men: Sarge's Hero for some reason.

HarrierFalcon:
Oh man i love that game, i may have to pay homage to that and make it my next game... i dont know... lots of third person stuff and zooming... plus armymen had those nifty landscapes i dont think i could emulate with any kind of accuracy.

for now i'll just stick to this, but i see what you mean, his hair could be replaced with a helmet and it would be near perfect
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2007 09:06:00 pm    Post subject:

I meant to ask what do you all think of the new first level? how close is it to the style of the real game? should it be more open? more closed? more rooms? Basically let the opinions fly.

Oh and HF: that design on the top of the hud is a stylized negative image of the Doom logo. Do you like it? or would the actual doom logo be better there? Btw it looks cooler on a real calc.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2007 09:07:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 25 Jun 2007 09:17:41 pm    Post subject:

1. I asked about that design...
2. If you could fit your avatar up there, that would be cool.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2007 09:21:52 pm    Post subject:

@Aaroneus: No offense, but it kind of looks like goo is dripping down the screen.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2007 10:21:21 pm    Post subject:

yea lol i decided i didnt like it either so i changed it to the way my avitar looks with a black background.

XPhoenix: sorry about that... and yes i used the same image that my avitar is. lol it was actually almost the right size i had to change the size about 5 or so pixels width and height.

Here's what it looks like, also you can see my new feature, the punch weapon! yo fis! he has on menacing looking brass nuckles. You like? I like!

[attachment=1788:attachment]

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2007 10:35:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2007 12:14:23 pm    Post subject:

what do you think of the new look? better?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 26 Jun 2007 12:53:07 pm    Post subject:

I hadn't seen the old one, but I think this new DOOM logo looks great. From the little I've played of doom, your fist looks better than I remember the original.

However, would you mind using the button instead of making multiple posts? It makes the forums easier to read, and multiple postings annoy people.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 26 Jun 2007 01:18:52 pm    Post subject:

AaroneusTheGreat wrote:
what do you think of the new look? better?
[post="109325"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wait. That slime above the HUD is supposed to be your avatar? Um, am I the only who thinks there needs to be more of a resemblance?

[ EDIT ]
Oh wait! I get it... Because the rest of the HUD's background is black, it looks like slime. But if you sort of envision the logo in your mind, you can see it...

Last edited by Guest on 26 Jun 2007 01:20:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2007 01:27:29 pm    Post subject:

it's best viewed at a reasonable distance while playing on a real calc. It looks much better because of the fact that the gray is actually not as good on a real calc as apposed to an emulator. It doesnt look like goo on there. lol but i get your point.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Jun 2007 10:59:50 pm    Post subject:

I got some web hosting on Ti-Freakware, i now have a project page, and a subtopic in your programs (or projects i dont remember which is the correct name.)

Here's the LINK to my project page, I dont have a discussion board of my own, so you can use the subtopic at Ti-Freakware if you have anything you want to say, and do not want to email me.

I did put my email address in a link on the left side of the page, so if you have any bug reports please let me know. Also, for future reference, once i get my "News" section up and running, this is where the new demos will be, i have a link to the most current one with 8 levels and plenty bug fixes up right now. So i dont have to clog UTI's wonderful forums any longer. (this isnt sarcasm you've been great! Good Idea and i'm still going to hang around, but i'm not going to solely rely on you for putting up with my double posting and ridiculous numbers of demos) Thanks a bunch to Weregoose in particular for putting up with me.

It's pretty straight foreward, i linked to the HW3Patch in the page in case anyone has trouble finding it.

[excitement] This is so cool! i get all these neato things offered to me all at once! Good Idea [/excitement]

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jun 2007 11:02:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Jun 2007 11:08:17 pm    Post subject:

I dindnt know goose was mad at you...I dont think you were clogging UTI with your demos.. double posting was annoying, yes, but i dont think you were clogging them up. Im personally getting a 89T to run 13ghosts, DOOM, and Mario sixtyeightK. So i do hope you post some updates here, at least once in a while...
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 12:00:45 am    Post subject:

AaroneusTheGreat wrote:
I got some web hosting on Ti-Freakware, i now have a project page, and a subtopic in your programs (or projects i dont remember which is the correct name.)

Here's the LINK to my project page, I dont have a discussion board of my own, so you can use the subtopic at Ti-Freakware if you have anything you want to say, and do not want to email me.

I did put my email address in a link on the left side of the page, so if you have any bug reports please let me know. Also, for future reference, once i get my "News" section up and running, this is where the new demos will be, i have a link to the most current one with 8 levels and plenty bug fixes up right now. So i dont have to clog UTI's wonderful forums any longer. (this isnt sarcasm you've been great!  Good Idea and i'm still going to hang around, but i'm not going to solely rely on you for putting up with my double posting and ridiculous numbers of demos) Thanks a bunch to Weregoose in particular for putting up with me.

It's pretty straight foreward, i linked to the HW3Patch in the page in case anyone has trouble finding it.

[excitement] This is so cool! i get all these neato things offered to me all at once!  Good Idea [/excitement]
[post="109423"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. You spelled "nessisary" wrong on the homepage. Man, that site is so official!
2. Cool site
3. That's certainly one way to frame screen shots...

Have fun finishing the game up. How far are you in terms of difficulty settings?
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 12:09:36 am    Post subject:

He wasnt mad at me i dont think, but i know for a fact i annoyed him once or twice lol Smile And at your polite request i will put up a demo here once in a while, but i'll try and make it a good demo, one with as few bugs as possible and more new things than in the previous demos, (i'd make like one new thing and post a demo) so i'll try and stay away from that.

Personally i'd think it would be easier to go to my project page to get the demos, you only have to go to one page, not skip through a bunch of forum stuff. But! i'm working for the gamers here, so i'll do pretty much whatever you like, accessiblity and content wise, (within reason, i'm not going to do your taxes.)

I'm flattered that you are buying your 89 for those main reasons, but really i'd play around with 13ghosts for a day or two then put M68k on there for serious gaming. 13ghosts was really only a springboard project on my part, it ended up better than i hoped, but in all honesty it still wasnt that good.

Dont want to ruin any fun though, you might decide it's a great game, i'll leave that up to you. That was just my musings.

Doom on the other hand I hope ends up a fairly decent game. Today i was thinking that i was going to start work on that between level "you are here" screen. Due to the fact that doom had so few levels originally, that screen is only going to show up when you reach another "sector" and each sector will have like 3 or so levels. I want this to end up pretty large, so that you don't beat it in an hour and then default to some other game. (I default to M68k now, haha! thanks Lach Asderity! (i hope i spelled your name right) you really made waves in this community!)

Yea... enough rambling... Did you like the site tho? it didnt really take me very long, i downloaded a Trial of Micro$oft Web Expressions, As per usual Micro$oft's program is difficult to get used to but it's pretty easy once you do.

Xphoenix:

Well... the difficulty settings should work on that demo, but i'm still having *difficulty with an AI problem, if you wander around the level and kill a few things you'll see what i'm saying. Some enemies hurt you and some only dance around like they do and pretty much are useless.

Thanks. The site was a snap to make.
I like the frame around the screenshot too, Also i made it big enough to actually see well. Do you like it like that?

Oh and i think i'm going to keep the spelling of nessisary because it's funny! (i didnt notice that when i saved the file to the ftp server) Razz

*excuse the pun.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jun 2007 12:17:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 06:30:17 am    Post subject:

Heh, you think you annoyed Goose? I annoyed DarkerLine more by updating my releases ~3 times a day. He never said anything, but you don't have to ask to know.

Maybe if my parents will let me, I'll get an 89T. Again, just for this an SM68K.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 10:47:42 am    Post subject:

Dont forget oblivion. Smile Actually i hear that Jeff Wilcox is finally reviving his Corridor 99 project, it was a demo for the longest time. Now i guess he's finally finishing it. It was a ridiculously good game. Oblivion had slightly better gameplay but still. Wow.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement