This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
Adamant

Posted: 05 Oct 2007 07:51:18 pm    Post subject:

Anyone who doesn't choose "EYE BLEEDINGLY FAST" for the text speed is not a true Pokemon player Razz
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 05 Oct 2007 09:52:53 pm    Post subject:

lol, well, that faster than fast text is something I added so you can press a button and make it display line by line. I got some complaints that even fast was not fast enough. Razz
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 07 Oct 2007 09:51:55 pm    Post subject:

Two things to note:

I already know about the border not completely clearing for the option box in the in game menu, didnt remember it until the screenshot was made.

I noticed that Ash's mom looks wierd... I think I missed the hands, because of the way the sprite is on the chair when you talk to her... I will have this fixed later.

Things added:

NPC interactions (obviously)

Made it so the character shows change of direction, without actually having to move.

Fixed some of the borders to the new border system.

Now that this is done, time to work on that mapmaker, and get it to work, hopefully. I *have* to have it to get anywhere else in this game at this point.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Oct 2007 10:23:30 am    Post subject:

Neutral that is awesome
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Oct 2007 01:55:01 pm    Post subject:

Just going on and on and on with coolness... Razz
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2007 06:24:00 pm    Post subject:

Why is it in French?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Oct 2007 07:05:19 pm    Post subject:

lol, well, because I have gotten a great deal of support for this game from the French part of our community, so, since it will be a matter of playing two ROMS at once to get the text, then adding them into to two seperate calcs, I figured I would give them a french version, so they don't have to worry about the language barrier Smile
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2007 09:20:44 pm    Post subject:

This is a most excellent idea tifreak.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 17 Oct 2007 11:33:47 am    Post subject:

I have all 151 pokemon names in french now. Working on the 165 attack names, but the list is like 500 long or so... This is taking quite a while to complete. Once I get that done and programmed in, I will see about going back to the interior map for Oak's lab.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 10:34:13 pm    Post subject:

slight bit of an update:

I finished the attack names for the pokemon in French, and they are on calc.

I added in Oak's lab, converted Oak's Aide sprite, and added in the texts for the NPCs in the lab.

I am working on making some more of the items work when trying to examine them (2nd) like the book cases, TV and computers.
angel14995

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 04:27:16 pm    Post subject:

Just thought of this: will Counter (the attack) work as intended by the programmers, like how it says it should work and has worked in later games, or will you follow how the game does it? In R/B/Y, Counter only dealt 2x damage back to the Pokémon if the last opposing move dealt damage and was Normal or Fighting. It is supposed to counter all physical types (can't remember them all, look it up Razz).
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 08:56:30 pm    Post subject:

Just the computer Sprite I will be using when interacting with the computer. Nothing special. Razz Just shows I am still progressing. Smile
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 09:13:36 pm    Post subject:

Fun keep up the good work. For some reason that looks faster than in other screenshots.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Nov 2007 08:49:50 pm    Post subject:

i did things with making that map editor for you, not quite done, but its working decently

Last edited by Guest on 01 Nov 2007 08:50:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
angel14995

Posted: 02 Nov 2007 12:51:53 pm    Post subject:

Elf, how are you doing yours? I finished mine about 3 weeks ago... I'd actually like to see yours, you being a mod here and all.

But it looks nice! And what about counter? Will you do the game-way or the way that it was supposed to function?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 Nov 2007 01:26:22 pm    Post subject:

I will do whatever it takes to make it work. Razz lol, I have no clue yet. That is something that will be looked at when I get the battle system even working.

Also, a private beta went out to a few, to those that dwell on the IRC channels (benifits to even idling there Razz) Got a slew of miniscule bug reports, and a couple slightly not so miniscule bug reports, most of which taken care of.

So anyways, progress continues...

Elfprince: vuurrobin made an awesome editor. Would still love to see what you can come up with though.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 08 Nov 2007 09:11:24 am    Post subject:

I spent some time last night, got the Sign data for route 1 put in. Added in the NPCs to Viridian, and got the sign location values put down, but I just realized that when I did it, I forgot about the 3 rows of white space that is not hardcoded in. Gah. Oh well, just got to add 45*3 to the current values... Razz
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 30 Dec 2007 02:22:00 pm    Post subject:

yeah, been a while.

Came across a bug that was beating me badly. So I tried a rewrite. Screwed that up, and became discouraged with the project. I decided to put this on the back burner, and let it simmer while I worked on tutorials for the site. And now, here I am, back at it. ;)

Quote:
Well, some success. I managed to rewrite the original part of the text displayer, that did char by char. The next plan is to set it up so that the line by line works properly. When a user selects *fast* it will automatically go to the line by line mode. Smile

(Post from omnimaga)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement