This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Project Releases

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 09:11:10 pm    Post subject:

I already have plans to show what shell type it is, and a few other details. What I'm mostly concerned about right now is whether the new hook is stable. In my testing, it is, but you all seem to be great at finding my bugs :biggrin:

The program-hiding bit is iffy. I don't like messing with the program name to hide programs, since that tends to be unstable. So I guess the only other option is to write my own program menu, which is a bit daunting. Still, the reason I made the shortcut keys was so you could run programs fast, so you can already have 9 programs assigned to the number keys.

Well, looks like 2.05 is still buggy. Even more than before, because of the getkey hook. For now, please either use 2.02 (on ticalc.org) or 2.03, but don't archive/unarchive programs in the program menu, or lock/unlock archived programs in the program menu. Locking/unlocking unarchived programs, and using the [+] key are ok. I'm really going to try to figure this out... Sad

Last edited by Guest on 30 Sep 2007 12:57:25 am; edited 1 time in total
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Oct 2007 09:19:34 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been paying attention to this thread, but if you want to load a particular submenu, there's a RAM area that stores the current submenu. You can change that and then force the menu to redraw itself. There are BCALLs for this, but I'm too lazy to find them. The RAM area is probably on WikiTI, at least with the menu hook page.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Oct 2007 09:53:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I already worked it out, though. I have to change the value in (MenuCurrent+1), and then b_call callMain to force the OS to re-load the menu.

Edit: For anyone interested in a working version of CalcUtil, here's 2.021. It's basically 2.02 (on ticalc.org right now) with a few bug fixes, or 2.03 (a few posts earlier) without the new buggy features. You can use this until I eventually get around to making a working version with the new features. I'm putting this on ticalc.org too.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Oct 2007 10:52:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2007 07:39:28 pm    Post subject:

Did that new version mess with the startup appvar? If it did/does, maybe you could add on chaining for other programs that use that so apps like Krolypto or the Start-Up app will still work (or even better idea - you could make a manager so that you could have all three of them installed and they'll all work together).
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Oct 2007 08:19:35 pm    Post subject:

Every version that allows a startup program will use the startup appvar (you're talking about offscrpt, right?). Chaining that would be rather difficult, and it would only be necessary for Krolypto, since CalcUtil basically replaces Start-Up app. If you would rather use Krolypto than CalcUtil startup, just install Krolypto after CalcUtil. It will overwrite the CalcUtil appvar with the Krolypto one, and CalcUtil won't do anything about it until you reinstall CalcUtil.
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2007 08:29:29 pm    Post subject:

I got an idea for the chaining -- CalcUtil intercept writes to OFFSCRPT and then save them in another appvar, and then when you turn off and on the calc again, it will start itself up and then run the other scripts.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Oct 2007 09:17:56 pm    Post subject:

Well, like I said, it could be done, but it's a bit difficult and low on priorities for me right now. (Now that I have a stable version online, I'm really taking a break from this project to focus on other aspects of my life.) But I'll stick the idea on my list. If I do return to CalcUtil and add this feature, I need to know what apps use OFFSCRPT, and what they do with it. Since CalcUtil uses it to run a program, it is important to know what another script might do, so I can figure out which script it should run first.
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Oct 2007 01:52:50 pm    Post subject:

One more low-priority idea -- a feature to let one rename a program. All the attributes -- archived, locked, etc. -- would be kept (unlike with DCS).
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Oct 2007 02:04:54 pm    Post subject:

You mean as part of the program menu? Yes, that can be added, when I get the rest of the program menu working. Remember, the versions with the program menu additions don't really work right, so the best version to use is 2.021, which doesn't add anything to the program menu.
Igrek

Posted: 08 Oct 2007 04:31:38 am    Post subject:

It seems that v2.021 is not really compatible with Graph³... I believe it has something to do with the App Change Hook (a.k.a. Context Switch hook). However I know for sure that it is possible to chain Graph³'s App Change hook correctly (I did it myself in Clock Hook 2.1).
As far as I know Graph³ uses: Yequ Hook, Window Hook, Graph Hook and App Change Hook.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Oct 2007 09:29:13 am    Post subject:

Ok. I was unaware of any other apps that use the app change hook, so I wasn't able to test it's chaining the way I was with the other hooks. I'll look into that. Thanks! Smile
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 07:28:28 pm    Post subject:

I think I found two bugs:
One is whenever you have "prgmTHIS:prgmTHAT", you get a syntax error.
Another bug is whenever a program is executed from another program, it is really slow.

I found these bugs while working on a "multi-threading" subroutine that adds, removes, and "renices" the programs in the program it manipulates. It uses colons the whole way though, so right now it won't work with CalcUtil.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Nov 2007 07:28:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoostinOnline

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 07:33:27 pm    Post subject:

I wish it still gave the option of saving or discarding changes done to a program. It was nice because if I decided I didn't like what I had done to some code, I could just undo it all by exiting.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 07:44:11 pm    Post subject:

JoostinOnline: It still has that option in the latest version (2.021). You can do it on archived and unarchived programs, too. Just open CalcUtil in the Apps menu, go to Settings, and check the Save Screen option.

Demon: I'm not sure why subprograms are slower. Also, I'm sorry about the trouble you're having with the prgmA:prgmB. Unfortunately, I've put aside development on CalcUtil. I'm not sure exactly how you're using it, but this idea (although it's really hackish) might help a bit. Instead of typing

Code:
prgmA:prgmB:prgmC
type
Code:
real(42,"A"):real(42,"B"):real(42,C
. The downside of this is that after you execute that code once, CalcUtil will try to "fix" it and turn it into
Code:
prgmA"):prgmB"):prgmC
which doesn't work. If you'd like, I could quickly compile a special version (2.021b) that adds the command real(44,"A"), which will do the same thing as real(42,"A") only it won't change it back afterwards, so you can keep executing the same code over and over and it'll keep working. I'll upload it in a bit.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 07:49:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanx man Smile
I wondered what that was.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 07:52:55 pm    Post subject:

Ok, Demon. Here's 2.021b. My code may be buggy as frilly heck (last week my friend's calculator started displaying numbers in base 256 Very Happy ) but at least you don't have to wait long for it! Very Happy Just type
Code:
real(44,"PROGNAME")
to run prgmPROGNAME.
pugboy

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 08:36:12 pm    Post subject:

Base 256! Well, good to see another release. I haven't updated my version in a while!
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 08:42:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, well, the project is kinda dead. It's gotten really complicated, and the code is all convoluted and not super well written (hence all the bugs), and I don't really have the motivation to try to figure it out any better for a version 3. So, it is what it is. Me and my friends still use it, and I think it's still relatively stable, but there probably won't be any major improvements...ever. Any new versions will probably be like this version 2.021b, which only added a couple of lines of code to "fix" a minor bug.

I did recently think about writing a version 3 which would actually modify the OS to read out of archive, improving compatibility since it'd be integrated better, but I talked it over with BrandonW, and he told me why it'd be insane to try that. Oh well...
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 10:18:39 pm    Post subject:

Well If you due add a few things I think one should be turning off "done" at the end of program execution because it looks weird for an asm program to have that nice little done at the end of it. Other that I think you did a very good job.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 10:49:19 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. To be honest, I don't understand why people dislike the "done" so much. I think it's good to show that the program has quit and TI-OS has resumed control. It lets the user know what's going on. I don't think that the word "done" on the screen looks weird or unprofessional or anything. And if the program author really wanted to, they could just reset a flag and get rid of the "done" message themselves.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement