This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
pugboy

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 06:12:40 pm    Post subject:

That is probably why.
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 11:55:01 am    Post subject:

I am at the library at the moment so I can't upload the current version (I will when I get home), but here's the current situation: To launch the program you first ungroup a group that contains all the subroutines. Then you run program "ARUN" which runs the archived program LUNARIDE. Once you quit LunarIDE you will get a screen that says "Clean Up?" If you select yes, all of the subroutines will be deleted. This is the final form of the version 1.0 program which I will release today, as on schedule.

Along with this I will upload a series of keypresses for creating a moving screenshot. Pugboy, if you could create this for me I would be very grateful.
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 28 Feb 2008 04:12:25 pm    Post subject:

Yay! It's been accepted to ticalc.org (finally). Click the link and download it! Now.

Click here.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 01:36:24 am    Post subject:

Sounds like quite an achievement, when I get a chance I'll throw it on my calc and give it a thorough whirl. Smile

As for the preliminary impression, Good work! Smile
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 06:10:16 pm    Post subject:

Well thank you. But you know as they say, don't judge a book by it's cover!
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 01 May 2008 03:27:25 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE: Version 2.0 is in progress

I am almost completely rewriting this and revamping this for version 2. I have a number of ideas about how to improve it and can't wait to truly get started. All that I have to do is wait for Celtic III to be released. Here's what's planned:

• One of the main problems with the old version was huge memory usage. This version will use lots and lots of subroutines which will be archived. Using the xLIB/CIII function [font="courier"]real(10,
each subroutine will be copied to RAM when needed and there for only using a small amount of RAM at a time, greatly increasing the amount of features I can add.
• The appvar 'LunarIDE' that I've been using has served two functions in the past: Indicating whether the program has been run before (triggers the splash screen) and keeping track of the last program used. What I plan to do is expand this to keep track of the last 10 programs used for a sort of "history" of past programs.
• With the first bullet (archived subroutines) a new possibility is opened up to me which I'd like to take advantage of: Better interface and graphics. If only a little section of code is unarchived at a time, I'm not incredibly concerned about graphics usage. I want to make this look as 'professional' as possible.
• I'm going to remove the intro menu. On the first opening of the program (the appvar is nonexistant) the splash screen will be shown and you will get a choice of opening / creating a program. From then on, Lunar IDE will open to the last program editted.
• A lot of things will be improved in the upgrade to Celtic III: You can now delete lines. Recalling programs is much quicker. Recalling variables is now viable. Deleting lines is now viable. The need for many assembly subroutines used for programs stats have been eliminated.
• A new menu system. I'm not sure how it's going to work, but it's going to at least be updated.
• This is my latest revelation: A project system. Where the first line of the program is a project name and then you can look through only the programs with that header. (I'm not sure how plausible this is).
• A 'scraps' manager which would act like a clipboard, except it would hold something like 8 lines of code that could be copied in anywhere.
• This was an idea from the first version that was never implemeted: An 'End' counter. It would count the number of opening clauses (e.g., "If then," "While," "For(," etc.) and the number of "End"'s and see if they match up. This is shaky though. We shall see.

I would like to add lots of features to this new version to make it the best that it can be. (The last one wasn't that great). Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

(EDIT: I added a couple more bullets.)

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2008 04:59:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 18 Jun 2008 09:52:20 am    Post subject:

Because my TI-83+ linkport that has not (yet) been remedied, and all my files are on that calculator, I've started delving into a few things I haven't spent much time on. Namely, rejuvinating the auto complete feature and rewriting the editting interface.

* Auto-Complete is fully functional, fast with a complete list of functions and variables for its use in stock! Out the ~370 functions and variables accessible on the calculator, 80% have a unique 3-5 starting letters and there for are accessible via auto-complete. The 3-5 starting letters are carefully picked to balance the most commands and variables accessed against the overall speed of the autocomplete method.
* Camel case helper is installed. Basically if you type a capital letter and caps lock isn't on, it will switch to lowercase. This is mainly because most commands on the calculator are camel-cased and therefore this minimizes usage of the [ALPHA] key.
* Caps lock is fully functional I have designated the [TRACE] key to it. In the screen shot below, there is an empty bracket pair ("[ ]"). If you press [TRACE] an upward thick arrow will appear although, switching cases via [ALPHA] or going to numeric mode through [2nd] will make the arrow disappear.
* The editting interface has been mostly reworked. Screenshot below:

Also, I have sprites for many of the functions in Lunar IDE 2. Here is the sprite sheet:

In order, from left to right, top to bottom: New, Open, Scraps, History, Search, Goto line, Execute program, Edit icon, (Un)Lock, Power off, Help, Quit, Moon symbol, Stat information, Delete line, Insert Line above (current line), Insert line below (current line), Speed (deprecated), Auto-complete switch (deprecated), Recall program, Execute subroutine, Symbols matrix, Custom menu, contrast.

The ones in italics need work, so if you have any ideas, please say.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jun 2008 01:36:36 pm    Post subject:

You are seriously making me consider restarting ExΘnIDE. But I have so many projects >_<.

Looks really good, keep up the good work!
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 18 Jun 2008 04:48:58 pm    Post subject:

Heh, nice. Well good luck with that.

Thanks.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement