This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Dec 2007 10:13:20 pm    Post subject:

Kevin's doing that thing again where he's getting angry over Basic programming being insulted and such. After deleting three of his posts from the relevant topic (which are there in the trash can for your perusal) and trying to reason with him in a PM, I warned him, sent another PM, and stopped him from posting for an hour.

He informed me he'd like his account and all his programs deleted. I told him that I wouldn't do that until he'd cooled off and that he should come back tomorrow evening. Please, no one take any such extreme actions until then.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Dec 2007 04:50:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 12:27:06 am    Post subject:

This might be a good time to set moderator preview.

I'd say he doesn't mean it, but sometimes I'm not sure. At least, on a good day he doesn't mean it.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 03:57:41 am    Post subject:

It's just a cry for attention. I'd tell him deleting them is his own responsibility. It may drive some sense into him.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 03:08:41 pm    Post subject:

He seems to have decided against the deleting. But is still leaving.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Dec 2007 05:16:58 pm    Post subject:

Netwizz wrote:
I do not want to get too personal, but I notice you recently received a warning for something which is not very clear by reading the logs. Moreover, the warning was given by a Moderator not a Site Administrator, and I respect you on equal terms as our moderators. As I did not find any supporting evidence and wish to give you the benefit of the doubt, I have removed the warning in good faith. 
I think the warning should be reinstated, but I'm only a moderator. What do I know?

It kind of makes me not want to bother with this hidden forum. Netwizz, please look back carefully at your post and others.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Dec 2007 05:40:02 pm    Post subject:

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=116999

That excessively-forward, solitary mode of execution really ought to give way to some kind of conversation before anything should ever take place, unless there's an existing emergency. I know you mean well, but saying publicly, "It seems our staff has warned you, DJ Omnimaga, and I have no evidence why, therefore I am lifting it" is being more unfair to us than it's generous to him. Giving him the benefit of the doubt excludes the notion that we may have a darned good reason for his having been warned, which we did.

The reason was not made obvious by the warning log. Yet, dissatisfaction with it should have lead to inquiry of the relevant moderator or staff member, or maybe even a look-see at our established place of discussion for such events (here). It's important that the necessary information be gathered before doing anything sizable so as to be able to justify it, while hopefully acknowledging the level of certainty that a reversal of our actions would likely do more harm than good. Basically, please, don't act as the sole administrator of this forum.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Dec 2007 06:23:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Dec 2007 06:16:45 pm    Post subject:

I apologize for being slightly dyslexic in the warning log... I seem to have replaced the title of the topic "Ticalc.org" by United-TI, which I'm sure says a lot about me psychologically. Nevertheless, I think my account of events in this topic is more legible.

Of course, should you believe that verbal abuse, profanity, and disregard of moderators are okay, I'll amend my ways and even go so far as to revise the relevant points in the UTI rules (we wouldn't want anyone else making such a mistake).

Last edited by Guest on 08 Dec 2007 10:45:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Dec 2007 01:59:15 pm    Post subject:

I agree with the initial warning having seen the 3 deleted posts that came before the warning did. Also it is sometimes better to lose one person who is ready to move on for whatever reason than create a bunch of turmoil among more members. If he wants to leave, let him leave with his dignity in tact.

Oh and Darkerline is more than just a moderator.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Dec 2007 02:04:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 07:31:11 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, DarkerLine. I did not intend on stepping on your toes. I respect you a great deal and was essentially going with the whole bit on letting him maintain the presumption of innocence even though I think he is guilty.

In other words, I am cutting him slack and I would like to you to please respect my decision to cut him slack just this one time.

My intent is to send the message that we care and will not over-react. Take for instance, the Arcane Wizard thing. I simply do not wish this to totally blow up in his face as it will cause hostilities and we always have to clean up the pieces. DarkerLine, I honestly believe you are right this time and I apologize for not consulting you

I agree with the warning having looked into it further. All I ask is that future warnings have a link to the deleted material or a topic discussing the recent actions. That way I don't have to go looking if I read a warn log :-)

Thanks and please do not consider me hostile here. It was not my intent to overthrow a moderator as that is not how I wish to play either. I just wanted to hold off on the warnings until we decide what action to take.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 07:41:24 pm    Post subject:

WOW. I had no idea he was that obscene.

Thank you, DarkerLine. I apologize and will look deeper into warnings before dismissal of them.

Thanks, again and sorry

Justin Birkhofer
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2008 09:56:20 am    Post subject:

I warned DJ Omnimaga for a PM he sent to Neekstar.

Message sent through the Warning Center:
Quote:
DJ Omnimaga, we are prepared to handle these situations without necessitating further involvement from members. Sending heated remarks like you did with your PM to Neekstar can only make things worse. This is your second warning.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2008 11:56:09 am    Post subject:

Though DJ Omnimaga was the only one to go this far, in my opinion all but two or three of the replies to Neekstar's post were unnecessary and harmful.

I would go so far as to say that all such posts should be deleted as soon as they are posted - not necessarily with any reprimands to the posters, but just making it clear that once a moderator makes a single "Don't do this" post (such as this one) the issue will no longer be discussed in the topic (if necessary, members could contact the staff via PMs, or in the Feedback forum if a public discussion is warranted).

I hesitate to make such a sweeping amendment to UTI policy without putting it out here for discussion first, though.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 10:22:53 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x and I both leave #omnimaga in the same month, so what does DJ_Omnimaga do? He sends us spam and yet more spam. (The former was an automated process.)

I suspended him for seven days on account of abusing the system. Not very happy with him right now.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jun 2008 11:56:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 12:15:12 am    Post subject:

I'm in favor of letting the suspension stand, but let's also take Neekstar's recent behavior into account. Every one knows Kevin doesn't take BASIC-bashing well, and Neekstar's latest remarks (everything from this month) were clearly meant for him. I mean: Neekstar trolls, Kevin has an outburst, and suddenly Neekstar want to help us put out fires? I don't buy that.

If nothing else, we should also send Neekstar a PM to "knock it off." If you want, I can send it.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 08:30:30 am    Post subject:

In a sense, I think that's been done; Neekstar's under Moderator Preview, and has been told why (plus how he can fix it with what behavior).
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 10:45:27 am    Post subject:

Sounds good then. If the problem goes on, it might worth looking into Darkerline's approach.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement