This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 02 Jan 2008 01:41:21 pm    Post subject:

Well, Project M kinda died a while ago when my calc got completely cleared. But recently I've been working on an animated tilemapper for a new game. Enter screenshot:

That 45 at the end was the average frames per second. :D

As you may have guessed, this is not Mario Bros. Classic. Updates will come when they come.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Jan 2008 03:18:02 pm    Post subject:

Looks great!
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Jan 2008 05:29:57 pm    Post subject:

nice! love the scrolling "?"
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jan 2008 07:35:58 pm    Post subject:

nice, but it does look like mario Wink
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jan 2008 08:41:56 pm    Post subject:

No, he is saying that Project M was going to be a port of the original Mario Brothers. This new project is a port of Super Mario Brothers.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jan 2008 06:01:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Jan 2008 09:24:47 pm    Post subject:

Nice, great animated sprites
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 03:22:48 am    Post subject:

I was chatting to calc84maniac about his mapper on irc, i was very impressed by his work Smile.

The *new* Project M is set to be pretty sweet Very Happy.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 01:58:30 am    Post subject:

Nice tilemapper.

Just wondering, you're using images in a way that it looks unalligned in a sense? (the wall thing)

In curiousity, which method are you using: the one where you copy the matrix to the screen every time, or the scroll direction then fill in the end pixels (if so then you're probably also using clipped sprites)?

(Haha, i'm also working on a tile mapper, except mine uses the most inefficient routines possible *cough* my special code writing skills *cough* Very Happy)

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jan 2008 02:08:56 am; edited 1 time in total
netham45

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 06:24:56 am    Post subject:

thats pretty cool, would it be possible to achieve greyscale with your tilemapper?
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 08:11:37 am    Post subject:

Yeah this looks awesome I have always wanted to modify mario but herer you go and make a new one yourself I would love to see tubes added in a new version. they managed to pull that off in Mario86 which is also grayscale though some of the sprites are a little off. I also like the fact that you made virticle scrolling that will make alot of games posible to make.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 11:05:17 am    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
Just wondering, you're using images in a way that it looks unalligned in a sense? (the wall thing)
[post="118165"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You mean the brick sprite looks interesting?

cjgone wrote:
In curiousity, which method are you using: the one where you copy the matrix to the screen every time, or the scroll direction then fill in the end pixels (if so then you're probably also using clipped sprites)?
[post="118165"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm copying the matrix each time, it would be hard to do animations otherwise. ;)

netham45 wrote:
thats pretty cool, would it be possible to achieve greyscale with your tilemapper?
[post="118173"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe, but I'm not going to try.

TheStorm wrote:
Yeah this looks awesome I have always wanted to modify mario but herer you go and make a new one yourself I would love to see tubes added in a new version. they managed to pull that off in Mario86 which is also grayscale though some of the sprites are a little off. I also like the fact that you made virticle scrolling that will make alot of games posible to make.
[post="118178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, the pipes have been in the plan all along. Smile

This might not be a specific port of Super Mario Bros 1, though. I'm thinking about including features from the other ones as well, like the P block that changes bricks to coins and coins to bricks, and also powerups besides mushrooms and flowers, etc.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 06:53:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm copying the matrix each time, it would be hard to do animations otherwise

Erm, is that "slower" then the other method or similar?... I've never actually known which method was better. Surprised
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 07:35:27 pm    Post subject:

looks sweet. Is it in basic or asm? (hopefully the latter, but if it's basic, that's amazing!)
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 10:03:18 pm    Post subject:

WikiGuru wrote:
looks sweet. Is it in basic or asm? (hopefully the latter, but if it's basic, that's amazing!)
[post="118196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Why do you hope it's in assembly code? The important thing is how well the program works, and from the screenshot it looks like it works very well so far. Given that assumption, the language is irrelevant. And remember that neither language is superior - they're just different.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 11:33:14 pm    Post subject:

One of the benefits to it being assembly is that it would be a much smaller program, and would not need to use libraries like xLib. I do think that calcmaniac said that it was in asm though...
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 12:31:38 am    Post subject:

Those tiles remind me of an old Mario demo at Revsoft, I think Jim E's mabey? At any rate, it looks nice. You never can have to many mario games . Laughing
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 01:33:45 am    Post subject:

I don't know why, but I tend to prefer ASM games (at least partly, if not all). I don't know why, because both languages has well written and poorly written games. ASM games just generally strike me as having superior quality when written properly (whether true or not).
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 06 Jan 2008 07:20:44 pm    Post subject:

Just one more thing... is that in 6mhz or 15mhz?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Jan 2008 05:28:23 pm    Post subject:

Art_of_camelot wrote:
Those tiles remind me of an old Mario demo at Revsoft, I think Jim E's mabey? At any rate, it looks nice. You never can have to many mario games . Laughing
[post="118206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ya Jim e had been working on a special mapper awhile back.

cjgone wrote:
Just one more thing... is that in 6mhz or 15mhz?
[post="118282"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would guess 6mhz.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Jan 2008 05:30:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 01:46:09 pm    Post subject:

magicdanw wrote:
WikiGuru wrote:
[post="118196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Why do you hope it's in assembly code? The important thing is how well the program works, and from the screenshot it looks like it works very well so far. Given that assumption, the language is irrelevant. And remember that neither language is superior - they're just different.
[post="118199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

WikiGuru wrote:
I don't know why, but I tend to prefer ASM games (at least partly, if not all). I don't know why, because both languages has well written and poorly written games. ASM games just generally strike me as having superior quality when written properly (whether true or not).
[post="118211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Recursive Acronym bites his tongue.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jan 2008 01:46:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 12 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement