This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 07:23:08 pm    Post subject:

Galandros wrote:
Cool. All BASIC pure almost I think. Only a program to archive, unarchive programs with data or extra instructions, right?

What a pain a so big project in BASIC. It looks very cool by the way but BASIC... well, just the speed blows almost all!

How much KB of data you have right now? O.O

[sarcasm]The unarchive and archive will deteriorate the flash like no other program will![/sarcasm]
PS: do not follow the sarcasm comment by heart. But is true that it is very aggressive to flash...
[post="127874"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, the game is almost all BASIC. So far, I have the following programs and functions in ASM:

RESOURCE: This program copies programs from FLASH and pastes them into temp programs.
ZLIST: This program takes a list and turns it into a string
ZCELTIC: This program has multiple functions, archive/unarchives programs, writes to programs and appvars, creates new programs and appvars, deletes programs/appvars, and reads from them while they reside in Archive.
ZSP2: benryves was epic and wrote this asm sprite displayer and also reverses the sprites

The rest is all me. ;)

As to the size, it is somewhere around 85kb in size. And it continues to grow. :D

To the others: Thanks for the compliments. Laughing
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 09:40:21 am    Post subject:

Ok, I updated the engine slightly. It now will no longer flash if the list element is 0 that it is reading, like it did before hand. The reason for this is I was wanting it to skip that loop through, and just walk to the next, but it was refreshing the screen when it did that. Now it sees if W=0, then increases to the next list element and restores to W, and checks that. :)

Also, you will no longer push Oak up the front of his lab. I fixed this by adding a bit to the display of the NPC output(. It now checks to see if Q is 1, if it is, it will display the NPC, if it is not, it won't. Setting W to 25 causes the NPC to no longer display. I am not sure, at this point, if I will need to add W=26 and make it redisplay the NPC. I might though... We shall see.

I don't think I need a new screenshot up yet, not until I make it so you can enter the buildings and such.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 09:42:37 pm    Post subject:

This shows some of the fixes I have employed.

1) It no longer flashes and sits there, when it sees a list element is 0, it now just goes right to the next list element.
2) Prof Oak is no longer pushed up the front of his lab
3) It now recognizes going into doors.

I am not happy that it automatically kicks you up 1 space above the door from where you should start. I am working on a way to make it work correctly, but as of this moment, I do not have a solution. I also do not like the fact that Gary walks in, as he is supposed to be there when you show up, however... I don't want to make separate maps for the lab...
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 08:12:02 pm    Post subject:

I promise, I have not been super lame for the last bit. Here is a screenshot to prove it!

Working next on getting it to see the pokeballs...

Oh yeah, this shows that an NPC not a part of the map can still be kept track of and displayed. Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 29 Oct 2008 08:48:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 01:31:16 pm    Post subject:

it might be IE... but the gif captures apear to be so... slow....
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 03:15:49 pm    Post subject:

Step AWAY from IE, go download FireFox or Opera to view the screenshot in its actual speed. Razz
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 04:47:13 pm    Post subject:

*uses wii opera*

you hacked the .gif so it's faster? Very Happy
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 05:13:32 pm    Post subject:

No, opera and firefox just display the gifs correctly.
vanchagreen

Posted: 09 Nov 2008 06:45:08 pm    Post subject:

Looking good!
SonicBoom95

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 08:53:39 am    Post subject:

<generic encouragement>

...sorry, I'm a little lazy at the moment. *hums Gym Battle theme*
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 09:06:55 pm    Post subject:

heh

I am still hacking away at getting the first of the three pokemanz. Might have some real progress on this tomorrow, not really sure yet though.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 09:24:07 pm    Post subject:

ive beeten pokemon yellow hundreds of times of course who hasnt beaten the originals that much anyway, so um how far are you into the game in the programming oh and happy birthday

Last edited by Guest on 14 Nov 2008 10:04:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 02:16:13 pm    Post subject:

It appears someone beat you, though as far as I can tell this version doesn't work on the 83+, only the 83 but it is the full game with both red and blue versions, and what is amazing is that it appears to be entirely written in basic without out any asm, though I won't be able to tell until I can try it out.
here is a link, if you notice the site you will understand why no one ever noticed it, http://www.calc.org/program/1868. According the the readme is is completely done and includes everything from choosing your pokemon to beating the elite four. The code might be helpful to you tifreak and I'm sure you version will be even better but I thought I should post my find.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 02:21:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Red version.83g (20562 bytes)

should be at least 100k >_>

i smell hax
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 02:22:58 pm    Post subject:

whats the difference between 83 and 83+,is there a diffferent processor
i dont think so but... :confused:
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 02:44:22 pm    Post subject:

Well the biggest difference is the 83's lack of a user archive and its non-upgradeable OS, other than that the are basically the same. In most cases and 83 basic program will run on an 83+ and the other way around. But if the program contains any 83+ specific functions, or lowercase letters it cannot be sent to the 83. The same is true for the 85 and 86, files can be transferred one way but not the other, this is also because the 85 has a slightly different way of handling implied multiplication. Because there are some slight differences between the 83 and 83+ os some 83 programs won't run on the 83+ but those are rare and and usually easy to fix.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 07:25:47 pm    Post subject:

You also run into the problem of the 83 having more RAM than the 83+, which will allow games on the 83 to run, but not run on the 83+ ;)

I shall take a gander at it, thanks TheStorm. There is also one on ticalc.org, but the maps looks like something from my AOD games, so it is not that great.

Edit: Oh yeah, similar to the one I thought it was, I didn't even play very far...

Last edited by Guest on 15 Nov 2008 07:37:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 07:39:54 pm    Post subject:

thats a terrible game compared to yours
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 01:42:41 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
You also run into the problem of the 83 having more RAM than the 83+, which will allow games on the 83 to run, but not run on the 83+ ;)

I shall take a gander at it, thanks TheStorm. There is also one on ticalc.org, but the maps looks like something from my AOD games, so it is not that great.

Edit: Oh yeah, similar to the one I thought it was, I didn't even play very far...

[post="128854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

But it does seem very complete though its not a very good port judging from teh screenshot.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 20 Dec 2008 01:21:49 pm    Post subject:

Ok, little bit of a status update on pokemon purple..

I have been hung up on a problem with getting all three pokemon. I had not figured out the exact cause of the problem yet, though I know it has something to do with the way I have been using variables.

At this point, I need to go through each program, and write out the code. I can't print it off, because I have no ink for my printer and no money to buy ink. Once I can rearrange how the variables are used, this *should* fix the problem.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement