This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
pugboy

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 01:01:37 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Teacher Guard
Author :: pugboy
Category :: Ti-83plus Asm Utilities
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=326[/img]
Description ::
Features
--------
1. A fake RAM Reset Screen
2. A fake Mem Reset Screen
3. Both with YOUR calculator model and OS version
4. No entries faker
5. Fake Prgm and Apps menu that behave normally (Create programs, use the Finance app)
6. Compatibility with the TI-nSpire 84+ mode (Will show correct OS, but not "TI-nSpire" above 84+ Silver)

NOTES
-----
Teacher Guard will NOT protect from RAM clears through the memory menu, and will NOT show a fake memory menu. Both of

these features are for the next release.

I am not responsible for any calculator confiscation if this App fails to work or crashes.

Updated Sun, Jan 27 2008 12:12 am

View File
pugboy

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 10:18:35 pm    Post subject:

Now updated to 1.51:

Will fake memory clears from the memory menu

Also, if I how do I update this in the archive? :blush:

[attachment=2144:attachment]
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 10:22:07 pm    Post subject:

Pm it to Darkerline. Also, bug him to make it an automated process to update files.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 10:28:03 pm    Post subject:

The file archive system already has an update feature. Unfortunately, if I let people do that, they invariably set the "remove file" option (after all, if you're adding a new file, you're removing the old file, right?) which messes up the file so no one is able to download it. To prevent people from doing this I disabled that option.

A new file archive system would fix this and other problems.
pugboy

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 10:34:52 pm    Post subject:

Ok then... The file is attached Smile
Igrek

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 01:43:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm currently working on a similar project (when I have time...), which will be called 'Admin'. It has the following features:
-Fake RAM and full MEM reset from the reset menu (works correctly even on Npire)
-Hiding all variables (strings, real, list, prog,...) + Store last Entry, current Entry and Ans. => 'Fake' Matrix/Prog/List menus
-Creating variables without any problems (even if the variable with the name already exists). => All variables are erased (not the hidden) when you are going back to unhidden mode.
-Fake free RAM/Arc which changes when you create/archive a file.

Yet to implement:
-Fake arc-variable resets (Medium)
-Fake appsmenu (easy)
-Hide apps from variable menus (Hard)
-Disable/reenable hooks (Medium)
-Avoid reserving apps (or do something else about it).

If you have questions about how I did/planning to do something, mail me.
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 02:02:50 pm    Post subject:

When I do fake mem clear, it shows "R" up in the corner... [s]and it doesn't work with CalcUtil[/s] (OK nevermind. I didn't chain the hooks). But other than that, it's a rly cool app.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jan 2008 02:04:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 05:22:19 pm    Post subject:

Oh! I thought I fixed that... One sec, and I will reupload.

Great... When you press "No" on the memory menu, it will still fake reset.

I would like to learn how to hide programs and apps instead of a fake menu, so I wouldn't have to make a complicated fake mem menu... (Like brandonw's Fake Reset app, but without messing up the VAT)

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jan 2008 05:29:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 06:13:55 pm    Post subject:

I wanted to do the same thing with my AntiClr application a while ago, but eventually I gave up. I just have fake program and app menus, and I don't do anything for the memory menu. I think the only ways to hide programs are to mess with the VAT, and you can't even hide apps. You'd have to just write a complicated memory menu.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 06:44:15 pm    Post subject:

pugboy wrote:
(Like brandonw's Fake Reset app, but without messing up the VAT)
[post="119548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
What gets messed up in the VAT?
pugboy

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 07:11:39 pm    Post subject:

The whole VAT Very Happy

You have to do a RAM reset or your calculator will do it for you.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 07:16:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't remeber having a problem with it :confused:
Are you sure you used the latest version, and that you used the code to get out of it?

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jan 2008 07:16:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 08:08:36 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of whether the VAT is "messed up," the fact is that you can't hide programs without modifying the VAT, and applications can't be hidden at all (since they aren't named in the VAT, but rather in their first page, which is read-only of course.) So, the only solution (I'm 99% sure) is to write fake menus.
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 11:08:01 am    Post subject:

pugboy wrote:
Oh! I thought I fixed that... One sec, and I will reupload.

Great... When you press "No" on the memory menu, it will still fake reset.

I would like to learn how to hide programs and apps instead of a fake menu, so I wouldn't have to make a complicated fake mem menu... (Like brandonw's Fake Reset app, but without messing up the VAT)
[post="119548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It also uninstalles Omnicalc when I use it. Is there any way to get around this?
pugboy

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 05:50:05 pm    Post subject:

No. Omnicalc will uninstall this App if you install Teacher Guard first... I would have to learn how to chain hooks, or wait for the 2007 Summer Of Code hook app (look at detached solutions).

Both of my menus are fake, but the memory menu will be tough to replicate.

I am just wondering, what version are YOU using?!? I have to clear my RAM anyways after unhiding programs! Lucky! (I am using .2 on brandonw.net)

Last edited by Guest on 30 Jan 2008 05:51:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoostinOnline

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 06:01:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Select the "Fake" application from the APPS menu and enter a combination of
keypresses to use to "unlock" the application later.

Once you reset the calculator using any of the above methods (which are the only
normal ones), Fake will hide all of your programs and Flash applications. How it
does this depends on the reset method (if you chose to reset RAM, only programs
in RAM are hidden, if you chose to reset apps, it will only hide Flash
applications, etc.).

Once Fake is active, you can see that all variables are hidden from the APPS,
PRGM, and Memory Management/Delete screens (which also shows the free RAM/ROM as maxed out).
To show all variables again, just enter the "unlock" combination from earlier at
any point in the OS.
Does this not work for you?
pugboy

Posted: 01 Feb 2008 05:55:02 pm    Post subject:

It works, but then I will get a RAM clear after a while.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Feb 2008 06:02:58 pm    Post subject:

What do you mean, "after a while?" The app is probably designed to only be installed for a short period of time (during the ram/memory clear attempt.) It's probably best not to keep it installed for extended periods of time, and to not do unnecessary operations on the calculator while it's running.
pugboy

Posted: 01 Feb 2008 07:56:06 pm    Post subject:

Even on his site, it says you should clear the RAM because the VAT gets messed up. I tried installing, fake reseting, then unlocking, and when I look at the menus where you can view programs, and exit those, I will get a RAM cleared.
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 12:18:14 pm    Post subject:

Since people are using that thing, I really ought to revisit it and get it stable and fix stuff.

I just jumped in to say that you can determine if a calculator is an Nspire (for your About screen thing, if I skimmed over it correctly) by checking the boot code for bytes 0EDh,0EFh in succession. The Nspire boot code is guaranteed to have this, but not the real boot code. Scanning 16KB for those bytes does leave a tiny little delay, so that's the downside, but it's something you can do once and then set a flag for later.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Feb 2008 01:26:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement