This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 12:04:17 am    Post subject:

I want to know what's up with author-deleted posts not being sent to the trash can – this is the reason why I've been keeping a record of spandiv's posting history, and also why I'm not able to curb the nonsense created when members pull stunts like this one. In a nutshell, I responded to a couple of his posts in two separate replies, and when he saw that his theory was flawed, he wiped his argument from the thread. None of his posts ever made it into the trash can. Let's get it to where if someone deletes something (aside from editing it out), it can be recovered possibly.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Feb 2008 12:09:57 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 12:20:52 am    Post subject:

This has been bothering me for some time, especially since it only happens sporadically (I've no clue how often relative to normal deletion, though).

All I know is that Demon's post isn't any longer in the database (as opposed to being thrown away and somehow missing the trashcan); this was the case for spandiv's posts as well if I recall correctly.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 12:35:17 am    Post subject:

Might it have anything to do with the member in question having been suspended before?

Last edited by Guest on 24 Feb 2008 12:35:36 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 11:23:47 am    Post subject:

spandiv's been suspended?

In any case, I don't think it does, since I've observed it happening with one of Harrierfalcon's posts as well.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 11:52:53 am    Post subject:

He was, which is why I was wondering. Perhaps we could register/commandeer a bunch of dummy accounts of differing groups or combinations thereof, post with those accounts, and then start deleting just to see what happens.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Feb 2008 12:09:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 12:29:35 pm    Post subject:

Okay, trying some simple things didn't help (MurkierDemarcation could still delete posts without disappearing them). I've suspended him/me for an hour and will try it again then.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Feb 2008 12:30:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 01:47:16 pm    Post subject:

After further testing with DullerBorder and DimmerMark (all new accounts have been deleted), my conclusion is I've missed the obvious: apparently, all member groups except staff can do this.

Edit: supposedly it's a bug that's been fixed

Last edited by Guest on 24 Feb 2008 02:10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement