This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
RTXY

Posted: 02 May 2008 05:31:28 pm    Post subject:

Okay I have a problem with my TI84+. Whenever I link it up to my computer, my computer recognizes that hardware and everything's fine. But when I try to detect it with TI Connect, it can't find it. I can not for the life of me find any solution. I've tried reinstalling, removing and putting back in my calculators batteries, and made sure there was no crap in my RAM. Everything was working fine yesterday, but it randomly just stopped detecting my calculator this morning. I noticed that this happened after I installed a program called TiLP. I tried uninstalling that to see if anything happened, but no, it's still not working.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2008 06:05:58 pm    Post subject:

Do you have a different USB port on the same computer that you could plug it into?

Last edited by Guest on 02 May 2008 06:11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2008 06:18:33 pm    Post subject:

its most likely that the drivers arent working correctly.

connect your ti to your computer, then go to:
start->configuration->hardware->add hardware and then just follow the wizard.

that should hopefully fix the drivers
RTXY

Posted: 02 May 2008 07:13:26 pm    Post subject:

I just fixed the driver's, which apparently needed to be installed, but still, the program won't detect my calculator.

BTW, I've been using the same cable the whole time.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 May 2008 09:48:27 pm    Post subject:

ok try reinstalling ti-connect, having ti-connect and tilp installed at the same time messes up the drivers so that both of them will no longer work. If you want to use tilp you have to first uninstall ti-connect and if you want to use ti-connect you must have tilp uninstalled.
RTXY

Posted: 03 May 2008 10:58:05 am    Post subject:

Okay I tried that and still no results. I checked to see if all my USB drivers are working properly, and they apparently are. I'm using version 1.6 in case you're wondering.
pugboy

Posted: 03 May 2008 11:34:56 am    Post subject:

I had the same problem. Make sure TiLP is uninstalled, then follow these steps:

If that doesn't work, then I am not sure what will...
RTXY

Posted: 03 May 2008 02:54:25 pm    Post subject:

That didn't work. I don't get how a program I installed would give me such a problem even after it's gone.
tkoWD

Posted: 03 May 2008 06:36:02 pm    Post subject:

EUREKA!!! IT WORKS (ti89 titanium)

i have found a solution!!...i was tired os uninstalling, then installing again and again... so i tried my luck and this is what i did...

rename the "tiehusb.sys" to "libusb0.sys", when it asks for libusb0.sys give him that the file you just renamed and for libusb.dll it´s th same file. i can upload the files if anyone wants.

that´s all folks... the main problem was that i installed tilp2...very bad never again

i have been all day on this, and i was thinking of a format c:... hope this can help

Last edited by Guest on 03 May 2008 06:37:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTXY

Posted: 03 May 2008 07:44:47 pm    Post subject:

I can't find the tiehusb.sys file. Where would that be located?
tkoWD

Posted: 03 May 2008 08:01:58 pm    Post subject:

the name is "tiehdusb.sys", i forgot the "d". you can find the file on the cd that came with the calculator.

i have attached the folder, it´s all you need.
unzip and update driver.

Last edited by Guest on 03 May 2008 08:06:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTXY

Posted: 04 May 2008 02:57:31 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I've downloaded the files but I'm not exactly sure what I do. Right now I have tiehdusb.sys and libusb0.sys in my driver folder. What do I need to add/delete/rename/reinstall?
tkoWD

Posted: 05 May 2008 06:01:49 am    Post subject:

extract folder to desktop.
goto device manager and remove device driver (named LibUSB-Win32 Devices )
reconnect calculator and let the computer detect it. when installing driver choose "select advanced" and set the location to the folder on the desktop.

that is all i did...
RTXY

Posted: 05 May 2008 04:11:58 pm    Post subject:

I just realized that I had to install the TI Handheld Education Device instead of the USB Driver. Problem solved!

Last edited by Guest on 05 May 2008 04:57:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
cloudRunner

Posted: 03 Aug 2008 02:14:23 pm    Post subject:

Hi all,

I just joined this site and I'm having trouble connecting my TI-89T via the USB. Is a "Silverlink" cable absolutely required? I've installed TI-connect and I had Windows automatically search (and install) the driver. It said hardware was successfully installed but when I try to use any of the services in TI-connect, it tries searching for the device on COM1/3 and doesn't find anything.

I've gone in Device Manager and tried finding the USB driver that tkoWD mentioned (LibUSB-Win32 Devices) but i can't find it. I' downloaded and your drivers and just replaced the driver directory with the directory that was zipped. Can anyone please help me out?

RTXY, can you elaborate, what "TI Handheld Education Device" did you have to intsall?

Last edited by Guest on 03 Aug 2008 02:15:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Aug 2008 07:23:05 am    Post subject:

There's two drivers available. There's the TI Handheld Education Device, which is provided by TI, and works with TI Connect. Then there's the LibUSB driver, which is provided by TilP, and works with TilP. So you should either install TI's driver and use TI Connect, or use TilP's driver and use TilP. Mixing and matching will never work. And make sure you install the driver once you download it. To do that, go to Device Manager, find the device that seems to be the calculator, right click it, choose install driver, and manually select whichever one you downloaded and want to use.
ReRe

Posted: 06 Aug 2008 12:08:11 pm    Post subject:

I called TI today about TI connect not recognizing the USB port. They said their software is not compatible with my system (Vista x64). Has anyone been successful with this?
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2008 12:11:46 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, your stuck there, if you have a com or parallel port you could try home made links or install a 32 bit os in a virtual machine I did the second of the two because I could never get my $5 link to work.
tigerhockey30

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 12:27:06 pm    Post subject:

I have a ti-89 and my computer won't even realize that i connected my ti-89. I've uninstalled and re-installed ti-connect many times. Its not it can not find the driver, it just doesn't even see it. I looked in the device manager, and can not find it anywhere. My os is 3.0 but i can't upgrade it until i can hook my calc to my computer.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 11:03:11 pm    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
Yeah, your stuck there, if you have a com or parallel port you could try home made links or install a 32 bit os in a virtual machine I did the second of the two because I could never get my $5 link to work.
[post="125794"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

@tigerhockey30: is it 64 bit vista?

Last edited by Guest on 20 Sep 2008 11:03:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement