This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
jeepfreak

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 09:22:30 pm    Post subject:

i have a ti-84 plus silver edition and my computer wont detect it was soever. i plugged it in once and i couldenbt find cd so i clicked next and then i dident install secessecifly. i then got ti connect and i cant find my calc to download the apps. any help?
JoostinOnline

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 09:02:17 am    Post subject:

jeepfreak wrote:
i have a ti-84 plus silver edition and my computer wont detect it was soever. i plugged it in once and i couldenbt find cd so i clicked next and then i dident install secessecifly. i then got ti connect and i cant find my calc to download the apps. any help?
[post="127842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sigh...
The instructions say not to plug in your calculator until you have TI-Connect installed. Still, I suppose if you didn't have the CD, then you wouldn't see the huge warning. Go here for a solution.
SonicBoom95

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 11:50:41 am    Post subject:

My calculator (a TI-84+SE) was working fine until about three days after an OS update. Now, about 1 out of 10 times TI Connect will decide my calculator is an "<unknown device>" and the other 9 times, anything I try to send is greeted with "The current transfer failed. A retry may be successful." It's actually rather aggravating, because I need MEDIT again (it decided to die after I finished my 8-level A**hole Mario extravaganza).

I have tried RAM clears, switching the USB port, reinstalling TI Connect, and have nearly resorted to a Mem clear. I think that the main problem was me moving MyTIData from My Documents to Corel User Files (a subfolder), then moving it back. It is now back in My Documents.

Help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: It worked before.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Oct 2008 11:54:28 am; edited 1 time in total
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 03:20:15 pm    Post subject:

TI Connect is random, terrible software written by random, terrible people. You might want to try the full memory clear, because apparently things like that seem to help.

Or if at all possible, switch to TiLP.
Bronco

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 04:29:32 pm    Post subject:

I know I have an 83+ (and TI-Connect works fine for the most part), but if you do switch to TiLP, DO NOT get the version 6.xx or whatever. Be sure to get TiLP 2. I know it's a pre-release, but the 6.xx version is awful. Just about everything you do in that program results in a stupid error window showing up, and no matter what solution it gives you, it never works at all!

TiLP is the DEVIL!!! Mad
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 04:51:15 pm    Post subject:

Yes, don't even acknowledge TiLP 1's existence, only use TiLP 2.

TI Connect is actually reasonable for the older graph links (in fact, I'm ashamed to admit that's what I use (black link)), but it is TOTAL and COMPLETE garbage for direct USB.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 05:19:34 pm    Post subject:

brandonw wrote:
Yes, don't even acknowledge TiLP 1's existence, only use TiLP 2.

TI Connect is actually reasonable for the older graph links (in fact, I'm ashamed to admit that's what I use (black link)), but it is TOTAL and COMPLETE garbage for direct USB.
[post="128295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It has some problems, but I wouldn't call it garbage. For the most part, I prefer TI-Connect over any other linking software.
TiLP 2 is annoying because you have to manually install the driver, and it never detects free memory correctly (at least the last time I used it).
Bronco

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 06:24:35 pm    Post subject:

Installing the driver took me all of maybe 20 seconds, almost half of which was spent downloading :P

And I also use TI-Connect pretty much every time. The only time I use TiLP 2 is for transferring files to my calc that can't be sent via TI-Connect.

<off-topic> @brandon: YAY! A fellow Tennessean! </off-topic>

Last edited by Guest on 27 Oct 2008 06:27:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 07:06:44 pm    Post subject:

speaking of which I need to see if I can get my parallel cable to work with any computers.
Bronco

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 07:18:04 pm    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
speaking of which I need to see if I can get my parallel cable to work with any computers.
[post="128300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Lol, now THAT'S old school Very Happy
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 07:36:34 pm    Post subject:

Not really I made it over the summer and have never been able to get it to work.
Bronco

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 08:42:12 pm    Post subject:

I almost resorted to making one, but then I somehow managed to raise enough money for a silver link. Works for everything (expect TiLP 1)
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 09:56:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure TiLP would use TI's Windows drivers if they could. Blame TI for making their drivers proprietary and undocumented.

That said, doesn't libusb-win32 have a "filter" mode that lets programs bypass the driver? Has anybody tried using that with TiLP?
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 10:28:17 pm    Post subject:

I had some success using TI's drivers as provided by their TalkTI sdk...but the documentation was fairly crap. Then again, I could never convince libusb to compile on my computer, so eventually I just gave up on cross-device programming Sad
Bronco

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 10:59:54 pm    Post subject:

Strange. TiLP gave me a link to the driver download. It was quick and easy. That's the ONLY thing that was quick and easy with it though (unless you count me closing out of the program Smile)
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 12:16:59 am    Post subject:

Oh, well, I was trying to develop with it, not just use it in TiLP.
moomoofishstick

Posted: 04 Mar 2009 07:57:18 pm    Post subject:

RTXY wrote:
I just realized that I had to install the TI Handheld Education Device instead of the USB Driver. Problem solved!

where do i download that?
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Mar 2009 11:23:55 am    Post subject:

SonicBoom95 wrote:
My calculator (a TI-84+SE) was working fine until about three days after an OS update. Now, about 1 out of 10 times TI Connect will decide my calculator is an "<unknown device>" and the other 9 times, anything I try to send is greeted with "The current transfer failed. A retry may be successful." It's actually rather aggravating, because I need MEDIT again (it decided to die after I finished my 8-level A**hole Mario extravaganza).

I have tried RAM clears, switching the USB port, reinstalling TI Connect, and have nearly resorted to a Mem clear. I think that the main problem was me moving MyTIData from My Documents to Corel User Files (a subfolder), then moving it back. It is now back in My Documents.

Help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: It worked before.

kinda late, but i had the same probem

the solution was to constantly press [on]
no kidding, it actualy works Rolling Eyes
tingaiberry

Posted: 03 May 2009 07:47:57 pm    Post subject:

Thanks!! Good Idea
pride_of_the_rockies

Posted: 04 May 2009 01:48:43 pm    Post subject:

RTXY wrote:
I just realized that I had to install the TI Handheld Education Device instead of the USB Driver. Problem solved!

This is what I did, thanks
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement