This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Celtic III => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Celtic III

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajlitzau13

Posted: 17 Jan 2011 07:02:32 pm    Post subject:

Can you update us on your progress toward an update? I would really like it if real(12,...) worked correctly, since I can't get it to draw a line without updating the screen.
Xeda112358

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 10:02:21 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he'll reply soon Very Happy Hey, you've been registered for almost a year now!
Xeda112358

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 10:14:40 am    Post subject:

Ah, well I am guessing he isn't going to answer soon D; Um, next time I talk to him I'll try to direct him here or I'll ask him. At the moment, I'm working on making a line routine, too, because I have always wanted a routine that doesn't update, too. it would make graphing programs work much faster.

Edit: I talked to him a few hours ago and he said that the command hasn't been updated. However, DoorsCS7 apparently has its own version of Celtic 3 built into it. I am a little biased, here, because I absolutely love both apps. DoorsCS7 is extremely stable. It pretty much doesn't crash by itself. It is about 3 times bigger than Celtic 3, but it has soooo much built into it.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jan 2011 04:05:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 04:57:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I think the lack of updates to Celtic III is partly why Kerm included it in DCS along with Omnicalc and fixed it. CIII was also started similarly: In response to xLIB death. DCS7 pretty much fixes all bugs C3 had and some Omnicalc stuff is a tad faster, not to mention you can run ASM games too, but yeah for some people the large file size of 49 KB might not be bearable (especially TI-83+ Axe programmers who are developing an RPG)
ajlitzau13

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 04:58:33 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible that Kerm will reveal all the fixes he made and a standalone Celtic 3 app with the fixes could be made? This is just what I would like to see happen, as I don't want to use Doors.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 05:43:09 pm    Post subject:

I'M not sure yet. Since he started from Iambian's source code, I guess he would probably not mind helping Iambian fixing the bugs in CIII, though, since they regularly talk to each others about ASM stuff.

Here's the DCS xLIB/C3 compatibility wiki page by the way: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=XLib/Celtic_III_Compatibility

I personally prefer to use Doors because it also runs Mirage/Ion games, gets rid of the extremly long Goto error scrolling and runs archived BASIC/ASM programs from the PRGM menu, but it's quite large so on my TI-83+ I use xLIB while on my Nspire I use DCS.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2011 05:43:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement