This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 08:09:35 am    Post subject:

File Name :: PLCDFIX
Author :: magicdanw
Category :: Ti-83plus Asm Utilities
Description ::
This program is for anyone whose 83+SE or 84+(SE) has the dreaded LCD driver of doom. You know who you are: Your game graphics are wavy, and you need to apply ALCDFIX every time your ram gets cleared.

Well, here is the answer to your prayers! PLCDFIX, based on the original ALCDFIX by James Montelongo, patches the OS permanently, so you don't need to reapply the fix until you upgrade/reinstall the OS! Brandon Wilson, of course, helped greatly with the issues of writing to flash memory.

Download the program, try it out, and let me know if it works. I can't test it myself, because my calculator has a good driver, but if yours doesn't, please let me know if it works or not. Once I hear that it does, I'll submit this to ticalc.org.

View File
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 06:37:16 pm    Post subject:

nice! about time lol sorry i can't try cuz my calc has a pretty good driver already.
Chasney913

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 11:05:26 am    Post subject:

I got the ALCDFIX for one of my friends, and told him that he'd have to re-run it every time his RAM cleared. When I asked him about it a few months later he said he'd never had to do it. I know he's had RAM clears, and I know his graphics are still fine. He has a 84+PE. When I see him in September, I'll give this to him, because he's the only person I know with a bad driver, although it seems to have been fixed.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jul 2008 03:52:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement