This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 09:24:48 am    Post subject:

File Name :: Staxorz
Author :: Harrierfalcon
Category :: Ti-83plus Basic Games
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=347[/img]
Description ::
Staxorz is a simple, fast, one-button game of timing and skill. Turn your calculator sideways and stack those blocks up as high as you can!

No, I didn't turn the screenshot sideways. Did you want to try to read sideways?

If anyone beats Mark or Xan, let me know. Admittedly I usually get at least 100 more points than I did in the screenshot, mainly because playing on an actual calculator is a lot easier than it sounds.

Updated Fri, Sep 12 2008 10:29 pm

View File
Taricorp

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 10:14:18 am    Post subject:

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?download=341
Ispired by, or just pure coincidence? :P

Looks like a good diversion, though.
trevmeister66

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 11:10:40 am    Post subject:

Very nice game.

I got 1583. I've completely removed Mark and Xan from the leaderboard Smile I'll post a screen shot as soon as I get TiConnect to work.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 01:46:20 pm    Post subject:

Taricorp wrote:
http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?download=341
Inspired by, or just pure coincidence? :P

Looks like a good diversion, though.[post="125301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Check the readme Smile
readme.txt wrote:
-------------\
The Credits |
-------------/

-> http://www.addictinggames.com/skillstack.html, for first halfway inspiring me.
-> Lordofthegeeks, for inspiring me the other half.
-> The Wabbitemu development team, for creating such a beautiful emulator for me to take animated
screenshots with.
I'm actually trying write a nostub version of this in ASM, which is why I asked you that question. Smile
trevmeister66 wrote:
Very nice game.

I got 1583. I've completely removed Mark and Xan from the leaderboard Smile I'll post a screen shot as soon as I get TiConnect to work.[post="125302"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
O_O
What did you do, play for some 30 minutes straight or something? I knew it was mildly fun, but...lol, thanks for playing! :D

I couldn't beat Xan for the longest time. Then I somehow got 633.. -shrug-
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 05:58:29 pm    Post subject:

nice idea of putting it sideways to get more on the screen at once Smile
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 05:59:52 pm    Post subject:

nice. how fast does it run?

IF you want You can Add my program to it. and make a combo pack.
trevmeister66

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 01:22:04 am    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
trevmeister66 wrote:
Very nice game.

I got 1583. I've completely removed Mark and Xan from the leaderboard Smile I'll post a screen shot as soon as I get TiConnect to work.[post="125302"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
O_O
What did you do, play for some 30 minutes straight or something? I knew it was mildly fun, but...lol, thanks for playing! :D

I couldn't beat Xan for the longest time. Then I somehow got 633.. -shrug-
[post="125309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha no, once you realize how to get the 1st (the longest) stack everytime, the score just racks up. I went through the whole first screen without missing 1 bloc...

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 01:26:50 am; edited 1 time in total
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 04:27:36 am    Post subject:

thats why it should drop a stack to add dificultty after a little while.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 09:12:12 am    Post subject:

Making the speed random would also make it more difficult. Or you could alternate starting the stack from one side or the other.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 07:50:47 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
Or you could alternate starting the stack from one side or the other.
[post="125342"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

or make that random too.
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 08:43:04 pm    Post subject:

my code had that in there but the grid was to small to make it have much of a effect.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 03:07:07 pm    Post subject:

OK...after a ridiculously long period of down-time, I've added a few things.

-- Keypresses made before the next row being drawn are not registered anymore.
-- The speed of the blocks starts out slower, but then gradually (and noticeably) get faster. Every time you make two perfect places it gets faster; at least until the calculator can't go any faster. It did this before but it's really hard to notice.
-- The blocks now appear on a random side Razz. I suggest resetting your high score so you don't cheat yourself, because this makes it a significantly large amount harder.

I have it all done, just my calculator 1) won't appear through TI-Connect because of a few apps I have and 2) MSD8x doesn't like the power level of my rechargeable batteries. I should have this in sometime by tonight Very Happy.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 10:30:57 pm    Post subject:

My high score from testing it just now: 1200. Admittedly, I'm using Pindur-TI, but I'm not sure if that makes things easier or harder.
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 03:19:45 pm    Post subject:

Nice and simple game, I like it, I liked how you held the calc sideways, It's different, you know. But after I played for a while, It got pretty easy, My highscores list was as follows

name-1578
name-1196
name-1119
name-939
name-626
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement