This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 09:39:07 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Ti83/84/+/se font for your computer
Author :: TheStorm
Category :: Computer Programs And Utilities
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=350[/img]
Description ::
This is a font I made with easy font creator while I was bored at work. It is an exact copy of the ti-83/84/+/SE font including its misplaced "[" character. You could use it for writing examples or just for fun what ever you chose. I was unable to set $D6 to new line so it will appear as : I assume this will work for most purposes but is anyone knows how to set it to newline it would be greatly appreciated. If requested I'll make the graph screen font also. If you have any questions/coments/requests you can pm me. If you use this in a program or application please give me credit. Well anyway, here it is enjoy.

Updated with fixes suggested by Weregoose.

Updated Tue, Aug 19 2008 3:32 pm

View File
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 06:14:05 pm    Post subject:

iirc, i thought Ti Connect installed the calc fonts on your computer and if you have a font manager you could easily access them.

this is convenient too for ppl who prefer TiLP Smile
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 09:45:58 pm    Post subject:

Liazon wrote:
iirc, i thought Ti Connect installed the calc fonts on your computer and if you have a font manager you could easily access them.
The fonts provided by TI-GRAPH LINK (did TI-Connect have fonts?) are actually very different from the calculator's font. The new one in this thread is almost pixel-for-pixel similar to the real thing. (I did send in some suggestions for correction, though.)

Last edited by Guest on 16 Aug 2008 09:50:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 03:21:57 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I got the the corrections from weregoose and am working on them as I type I will upload the corrected font once I'm done. If I have time tonight I will start on the graph screen font.

Edit: I've finished all of the fixed weregoose suggested to me the attached zip file contains the new font and the updated screeny.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Aug 2008 04:18:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 06:17:10 pm    Post subject:

Here is a modified version of the font that uses the same mapping as the default font installed and used by TI-Connect. I have also included a batch file for easy installation (if your os is windows). Say goodbye to the ugly TI-Connect font and hello to TheStorms awesome lcd font.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Aug 2008 06:57:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
benryves

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 08:46:16 am    Post subject:

I guess this is something that's done occasionally, I've done some bitmapped fonts (.fon) of the large (fixed-width) and small (variable-width) fonts myself.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 02:30:13 pm    Post subject:

I uploaded the updated file to the file system so it is a matter of time before the version is updated.

If anyone knows of a better free font creator software it would be greatly a appreciated because my free trial is running out on font creator. that way I can continue to improve this font and work on the graph screen font. I may even add all of the tokens to it so you could almost use it to view ti-basic programs with less garbage... but that would be a lot of work so I would need quite a bit of poking and prodding to do it. Or you could always use one of the many .8xp to .txt converter programs which would probably be better. Any suggestions on how to improve this fon't or make it more useful would be appreciated.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 06:00:08 pm    Post subject:

Sweet

and

welcome back Nitacku
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement