This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Aug 2008 01:17:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm currently working on a web-page for my brother Eric. He currently has a furniture store and although it is already on-line, he wants some improvements to the shop. One of the items that he wants added is the ability for registered users to post comments on the furniture.

I'm pretty sure that I could write my own comment system using php/mysql, but I'm not too certain about how to use ajax to make it not require reloading of the page to view multiple pages of comments.

I was wondering if anyone had any good comment systems that they had used before. I did a google search to try to find one, but the few that I found were not very applicable and didn't integrate well with my current site.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, I don't need tons of bells and whistles. I can do a test to make sure the user is registered and only then display the form.

Any previous experience with a good simple system would be appreciated. Thanks.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 07:25:55 pm    Post subject:

How about a guest book type thing? I'm pretty sure there are a few floating around.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 09:45:48 pm    Post subject:

After trying quite a few different combinations of words in google, I was able to come up with something that I could modify to my needs.

I now have the comment system almost completely implemented into my site.

Thanks for your offer anyways.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement