This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 10:05:50 pm    Post subject:

As a sort of an inside joke, I've kind of decided to put "Hydrofluoric Production" into most of my games from here on out. If you can't figure out why...

[answer]
[color=gainsboro]Since you guys so regularly refer to me as HF, and since I was in Honors Chemistry last year, I connected the name HF to the chemical formula for hydrofluoric acid, which is also HF. Haha, very funny.

[/answer]

But anyways, I'm in like 3.5 AP classes right now, so my calculator programming time is extraordinarily limited. Thus, I have put most of my larger projects on hold and taken up a few smaller more manageable ones, like Staxorz.

I'm not going to spam the active thread feed with separate threads, especially with me not working quite as much as I'd like to on the games.

So here's the idea; this thread is now going to contain all my non-great/epic games so I don't create more useless, dead threads (like Sudoku 2 :/). I can't imagine me changing my signature working well either, since I'm not as quite as active as I once was anymore.

Thusly, here's descriptions of all the games I'm currently working on, ones I have worked on and haven't dropped, and the ones I'm thinking about.[/color]

---------------

Legend of the Silver Dragon [Abandoned
I've made it my unofficial business of analyzing aspects of all the popular games that I've played; storylines, gameplay, tests of skill, puzzles, complexity, customize-ability, etc. Thusly, this is an ASCII RPG that, if I ever complete, I hope to be one of the most epic games ever. If I ever complete it. Thus far, it incorporates the complex, intense storylines of Zelda, the epic battle complexity and sheer quantity of items of Golden Sun, the customize-ability and depth of World of Warcraft (without the online aspect Razz), the depth and nuances of the GB Pokemon games, and the beautiful ASCII animations of Illusiat. Thus far, you can customize your stats and name, and when I stopped working on it, I was laboring on the first cinematic/storyline of the game. Here it is as I've written it out:

Legend tells of a divine being, one whose power and wisdom was so immense that the gods immortalized his soul within four silver dragons. Each dragon evolved and developed into the symbols of the four natural elements the divine one wielded; Flame, Frost, Earth, and Wind. If one were to locate and defeat all four of the dragons, the soul of the divine one would be transferred to the victor, who would be infused with the divine power that commanded the world so long ago.

Yeah...kind of cheesy, but if I ever get back to it it'll be pretty epic.

Metroid Pi<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>2</span> [On Hold]
You guys know all about it. Scheduled restart of development: End of March, 2009.

That Isometric Game (xLIB) [Abandoned]
No, that's not the official title. I originally intended to make it similar to LightBot, but I realized after a day that it'd be nearly impossible to preserve speed and mask the bot correctly. Therefore, I've unofficially decided it so you just have to avoid holes in the floor and program the bot to light up all the gray tiles. The other idea I had floating around in my head was to make it likes Lights Out; you know, the game where you have to return the board to all white, and every tile you flip also flips all the adjacent tiles. Only the difference is 1. it's isometric and 2. you program the bot to do it, and you don't do it yourself. However, the real fun would be in generating random boards, but the problem with that is there's no guarantee you'll have enough boxes to put commands in. Feedback and other ideas would be wonderful.

Z-Rox [Under Development]
This is, admittedly, the most intriguing Flash game I've ever played, ever. It's 1D, but your brain still needs at least 5 minutes to fully understand and visualize what you have to do. I'd probably make this xLIB too, to smooth out the graphics. I can't foresee any problems I'd have with this though. Go play the game though, it's just really cool.

Currently the level editor is under development. (Entering answers is the main focus)
---------------

This post will stay updated with projects I've abandoned, ones I've revived, ones I've undertaken, and so on.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Mar 2009 11:01:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 06:18:07 pm    Post subject:

Main post updated.

Z-Rox is now my main game right now. I'm working on the level editor right now--so you can draw the sprite, give it some answers, and make your own level. Or level pack, as you may want it. It'll do the masking all on its own.

To save space I'm compressing every 4 pixels into a nibble as one hex digit--level packs will be programs with a specific header.
Madskillz

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 06:40:24 pm    Post subject:

cool HF sounds good, I can't wait to see z-rox come to life!
SonicBoom95

Posted: 17 Oct 2008 07:32:21 am    Post subject:

Yay! Z-Rox was amazing in Flash, and with level editors, I can imagine years and years of brain exploding.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Oct 2008 05:18:41 pm    Post subject:

gods, z-rox is amazing!

me want
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 10:07:18 pm    Post subject:

Level Editor still underway. Got a lot of busy-stuff to code, so I just gotta find the time to finish it. Once I'm there, though, it's just making levels, writing the engine (which will be really easy), and making the game!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 11:49:30 pm    Post subject:

Whoa! Now that would make an awesome game! It's practically MADE for the calc!

Last edited by Guest on 29 Oct 2008 11:50:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 03 Nov 2008 01:03:55 am    Post subject:

Aww, I'm sad metrioid is dead. X( RIP Metroid Pi II.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 07:19:58 pm    Post subject:

*bump*

Back into working on the Z-Rox level editor. It's coming along nicely, and now that exams and such are out of the way, I actually have time to work on this again Smile.

Mebbe some screenies in the next week or so.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 09:58:19 pm    Post subject:

Good to see some old projects being revived. Very Happy
Galandros

Posted: 20 Feb 2009 02:42:07 pm    Post subject:

hehe nice. Some projects advances to spice up things in UTI.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Mar 2009 10:44:20 pm    Post subject:

I know, it's about time.

It still has a lot of work to put into it, but that work is mostly the level editor, specifically the method of inputting acceptable answers.

But anyways...

darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Mar 2009 04:30:15 am    Post subject:

*faints*
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Mar 2009 11:00:05 pm    Post subject:

At any rate, I'm setting myself a deadline for Z-Rox, otherwise I'll never finish it: March 28th.

As soon as that's done, I'm moving back to Metroid Pi2. It's going to need to be completely rewritten, though. I intend to have ASM only for level storage, which I obviously failed already (*cough* inverted text *cough*), so I'm going to rewrite it from the ground up. The engine is unbearably slow as it is.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 09:29:16 am    Post subject:

I hate pushing back deadlines, but unfortunately this one's a must. I'm pushing the release date for Z-Rox to April 11th.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 05:53:57 pm    Post subject:

*retrives from grave*

what?
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 12:58:36 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
At any rate, I'm setting myself a deadline for Z-Rox, otherwise I'll never finish it: March 28th.

As soon as that's done, I'm moving back to Metroid Pi2. It's going to need to be completely rewritten, though. I intend to have ASM only for level storage, which I obviously failed already (*cough* inverted text *cough*), so I'm going to rewrite it from the ground up. The engine is unbearably slow as it is.

You're going to be reviving Metroid Pi2 after you finish Z-Rox? That's awesome !!! Very Happy I don't remember the demo being THAT slow though. At any rate, I'm super glad that you're going to be picking it up again!
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 07:42:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I hate pushing back deadlines, but unfortunately this one's a must. I'm pushing the release date for Z-Rox to April 11th.

How's the progress coming in the last few weeks or so? ;o

Still good to see this being worked on.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 09:36:01 pm    Post subject:

Well, besides completely missing the deadline, I've been mostly noodling on the best method of getting the user to type answers in. Apart from that, the only thing left is finishing up the sprite-editing features of the level editor, because I implemented the engine in the level editor itself to replicate actual in-game speed as accurately as possible.

So...yeah. Z-Rox should be out there by the end of April at the very latest, and sorry for missing yet another deadline. Then I can go back to Metroid Pi2 and rewrite everything. That includes ditching the timer, since it's really extraneous but really a pain in the butt to implement/remove (*cough* ports *cough*).
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 11:08:41 pm    Post subject:

Hehe, don't worry, i've missed the deadline for finishing one of my projects by a year and counting. Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement