This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Galandros

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 06:35:48 am    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
Hehe, don't worry, i've missed the deadline for finishing one of my projects by a year and counting. Very Happy

We could make a club.
I have one project that I resumed recently. It goes several months.
TI-newb

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 09:11:46 pm    Post subject:

Just wondering. whats ASM, and if thers lots, is there like a special one just for the calculator.. and where do i get it xD and does it have it's own Launguage?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 05:02:01 pm    Post subject:

ASM is a very low-level language. It is, at most, one step away from the actual binary that the calculator runs with. It is difficult to get a grasp on.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 May 2009 10:55:30 am    Post subject:

In short:

Asm = assembly language = the language of the processor. It is different for every processor type. (the 8x series have a z80)

It is not that difficult to get a grasp on once you get the concept.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 May 2009 11:00:13 am    Post subject:

in fact, asm is easier to learn because there is almost noting to learn

Smile

(i agree that math is killing.. but the rest is pretty easy)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 May 2009 01:18:29 pm    Post subject:

[quote name='TI-newb' post='132876' date='Apr 23 2009, 08:11 PM']Just wondering. whats ASM, and if thers lots, is there like a special one just for the calculator[/quote]
Oh there's lots alright!
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 May 2009 08:18:31 am    Post subject:

can you Put out a demo Of what you have i played the flash game and it would be a lot of fun to have on a calc
ztrumpet

Posted: 21 May 2009 04:37:24 pm    Post subject:

How's Metroid Pi 2 going?
Flofloflo

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 05:03:29 pm    Post subject:

Haha, I have this pretty weak Z-rox gamish thing on my TI for a few months now (like, a few weeks after I saw it on Kongregate), and finally put it here on united-ti. It's probably very weak compared to what you where planning, it only handles the most elementary icons that are allready in the Calculator, it just throws them all on the graph screen and uses pxl-test to determine what to output.

Code:
Clrdraw
"345DEFGHIJKLMNOP->Str1
Text(50,1,Str1
While 1
randInt(1,16->C
sub(Str1,Ans,1->Str2
4C-3->C
Line(40,20,45,20
Line(40,24,45,24
Line(39,20,39,24
Line(45,20,45,24
For(I,1,2
40->E
For(A,51,55
For(B,C,C+2
Ans+1
If Ans=44:then
For(G,1,150
End
End
Pxl-Off(E,Ans
If pxl-Test(A,B
Pxl-On(E,Ans
End
End
For(H,1,150
End
For(H,41,43
Pxl-Off(40,H
End
For(H,1,150
End
End
Clrhome
Input "YOUR GUESS?",Str3
If Str3=Str2
End

I am not sure why I didn't add the other numbers and letters, but anyways, I probably might as well add these and change a few numbers, not sure though.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2009 09:36:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, uh...if I ever get around to finishing anything, anyways. My Z-Rox used xLib to output a nibble to the screen (4 bits/pixels) from a picture, so all I needed was a sprite in hexadecimal form and it would draw each line given the width.

At the moment, I'm kinda trying to keep up with school, so most major projects are on hold for a while.
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 06:44:51 pm    Post subject:

can u please find time.............not to be rude of course i love the game and i really want to see how urs turns out

@flofloflo i like urs as well Smile
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 07:02:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
can u please find time.............not to be rude of course i love the game and i really want to see how urs turns out

Dude, graduation with an excellent GPA gets one further in life than making a game for a calculator does. Some have learned this the hard way.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Sep 2009 07:02:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 05:54:24 pm    Post subject:

*bump*

At any rate, I've been finding some free time in between study hall and classes in which we do nothing to pick up one of my projects again.
Phoenix: Call of Earth (Formally Legend of the Silver Dragon) [Abandoned]
As of now, I've renamed this Phoenix: Call of Earth, purely out of dissatisfaction with the other name. I've simplified a ton of gaming aspects to make this a much more viable project. Storyline is being rewritten from the ground up, but if I follow through, three games will follow that encompass the other three elements--water, fire, and wind. The game itself is simplified but not horribly so; players are open to emphasize one of three primary stats; strength, agility, and intelligence. Stamina is also present, but that simply influences your amount of health. Strength influences damage per turn done with a melee weapon, and the level class of armor you can wear (cloth, leather, mail, plate). Agility influences critical strike chance, dodge chance, chance to strike first, and chance to strike combos (randomly attack more than once during a melee attack). Strike combos can critically strike, but are very hard to receive. Intelligence, on the other hand, affects your mana pool, your chance to critically strike with a spell, and the bonus spell damage your spells receive.

The combat system I'm thinking of now is kind of unconventional. Although it is turn based, it retains some real-time characteristics. For example, casting a spell that has a cast time of 3 will leave you unable to take any action for 2 turns, but on the 3rd turn, your spell will unleash, in all likelihood doing some massive damage. Some spells will be instant-cast, which cast the turn of, but whose effects will not be as drastic. Similarly, melee attacking an enemy with a weapon with speed of 2 will hit the enemy initially, but leave you unable to take action for the next turn (Turn of the Attack + Turn After == 2).

My goal is to optimize the combat system to the point where it is *almost* realtime; not true realtime, but very, very fast paced turn-based combat.

Clearly I'm going to have many problems balancing melee, spells, bosses, and the difficulty of the game. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to add difficulty levels or not. However, I do know one thing; I will not be able to balance this on my own. There will be several alphas, betas, and release candidates before I *officially* release it.

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Criticisms? Anything is helpful.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Oct 2009 05:26:48 am    Post subject:

The time combat system sounds interesting. You probably haven't ever heard of Eternal Sonata, but the combat system reminds me of yours a little.

Welcome back! It's been a while. Smile
ztrumpet

Posted: 28 Oct 2009 02:25:10 pm    Post subject:

That sounds neat.
IAmACalculator wrote:
Welcome back! It's been a while. Smile
Yes it has. It's great to see you posting again. :)

Edit: Groan. Razz I learned about naming in Chemistry lart week. I get it. HF...

Last edited by Guest on 28 Oct 2009 03:23:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Oct 2009 05:42:52 am    Post subject:

HF is weaksauce, 'cuz of Hydrogen Bonding. H2SO4 or HBr is where it's at. Provided it's at a high molarity, of course.

So let me get this straight:
Strength = Atk/Def
Agility = Luck
Intelligence = Magic

Seems like a good, standard, tried-and-true system. There's not much input anyone can give at this stage, but let us know when you need feedback..
ztrumpet

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 03:49:57 pm    Post subject:

While waiting for Metroid Pi 2, I made this.
Enjoy!

You know you want to click it. :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 10 Nov 2009 03:50:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 06:00:59 am    Post subject:

*bump*

Metroid Pi2 has been resurrected. It's being completely redone, and in the interest of keeping things simple, it will essentially be written in pure Basic. "Essentially" because I'm using DarkerLine's little homescreen/program toggle ASM program just to archive/unarchive the maps as you jump between worlds; I could leave the program and make the player do it, but it'd be a bit of a hassle and it would ruin the immersion factor (on a calculator, haha). For all intents and purposes, it's pure Basic.

Writing the engine today, hopefully it'll be fast enough to the point I can make shots go in realtime rather than bullettime; screenies coming once I get the base engine done.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 May 2010 09:29:23 pm    Post subject:

*bump again*

[offtopic]Boy, forums are really dead lately :/[/offtopic]

Core engine's done, probably roughly 95%. The only thing left to add is saving, which I hope won't slow it down too much. Still have yet to write a satisfactory text routine though. Health system is all done (and will handle energy tanks fine), possibly adding missiles.
Galandros

Posted: 30 May 2010 08:42:57 am    Post subject:

Epic TI-BASIC game there. Neutral

It is nice to see you back.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement