This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
ticalcnoah

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 01:16:40 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Exact quadratic
Author :: ticalcnoah
Category :: Ti-83plus Basic Math/Science
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=365[/img]
Description ::
This is an advanced quadratic solver designed to allow you to use the answer typed on the screen and put it right as an answer. Simplifies the radical and the fraction to the fullest amount.Update 9/18/08 for speed and size.Results are stored to list three.

View File
SonicBoom95

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 03:21:31 pm    Post subject:

Good work! I don't think this gets better. Maybe Text() display could make it better, but I think this is just fine as it is. Good work.
maggielwo

Posted: 13 Aug 2009 09:35:40 pm    Post subject:

Nice job, but I thought I'd give you a bit of competition.

My new program for Quadratics can put in radical form too and can convert between 3 different forms, graph, expand from factored form, etc.

:biggrin: Hard to beat that
ticalcnoah

Posted: 14 Aug 2009 12:00:57 pm    Post subject:

Can I see this program?
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 May 2010 10:50:46 am    Post subject:

Maggie wrote:

Nice job, but I thought I'd give you a bit of competition.

My new program for Quadratics can put in radical form too and can convert between 3 different forms, graph, expand from factored form, etc.

Hard to beat that

How about all of that, plus the coordinates of the vertex and roots, all with complex formats if necessary?

Anyway, what gets really annoying for everyone who makes an *improved* quadratic solver is that all the Quadratics directories on ticalc.org are all just about filled up with identical codes that were probably taught to the uploaders by their math teachers. It'd be nice if they (meaning the people at ticalc) could check for originality before allowing a new program.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement