This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
ticalcnoah

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 01:33:29 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Xslider
Author :: ticalcnoah
Category :: Ti-83plus Basic Games
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=373[/img]
Description ::
Have you played 15 square before? Well this is XSquare. You can create any size field between 2-5 for the length and 2-7 for the width. See the readme for more details.

View File
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 02:34:04 pm    Post subject:

cool so what is the total for each row column and diagonalor or does that vary
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 03:20:16 pm    Post subject:

I believe that the goal is to slide the pieces around until you reach 1,2,3,4,5,...

Typically the puzzle has some sort of picture on the pieces and you need to slide the pieces around to make the picture appear.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 04:16:40 pm    Post subject:

no this is diferent All rows columns and diagonals must equal a certain value
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 04:46:22 pm    Post subject:

Actually, the object of the game is to successfully read the readme file.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 06:02:50 pm    Post subject:

nvm i was wrong i got 15square mixed up with magic square
Ed H

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 03:13:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if your shuffle algorithm always produces valid positions. What I believe you're doing is adding -1, 0, or 1 randomly to the row and column indexes of the empty square, and then swapping the empty square with the square at the new coordinates. That doesn't always give you legal moves, though -- swapping the empty square diagonally is impossible without changing any other pieces. If the program adds a 1 and a 1 to the row and column of the empty square, then it's doing a diagonal swap, and changing the solvability of the puzzle.

One fix you could do is to only add 1 or -1 to a randomly chosen axis, either the row or the column. This guarantees a valid move every swap.

Another option is to generate a completely random permutation of all the squares, and then determine if it is solvable using parity. If it is unsolvable, then do an illegal swap, which makes it solvable.

An example of how to do this for the 15 puzzle is shown in this thread.
ticalcnoah

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 03:17:29 pm    Post subject:

I've actually been looking at that thread for a improvement on my shuffling but the 1=sum(abs(L3-{A,B makes sure there can't be diagonal shuffles.
Ed H

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 03:42:31 pm    Post subject:

Ah, thank you for correcting me. I wasn't sure what that line was for.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement