This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
pugboy

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 08:08:59 pm    Post subject:

Is there one assembler that will work on both Mac OSX and Windows? Would I be able to assemble a program though command line (or the Mac equivalent)?

Thanks Smile
benryves

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 08:37:30 pm    Post subject:

Brass is is based on .NET technologies, so should work on Mac OS X via Mono. MoMA reports some missing features with the GUI tools, which shouldn't be a problem if you're using the command-line. The app signer code uses COM interop with the Flash debugger, which is Windows specific, so you'd need to output Intel HEX and sign yourself using a Mac OS X tool if you're aiming to develop apps.
pugboy

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 11:03:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, but I want something that will work without much trouble...

I am working on an IDE for assembly and want to be able to compile cross platform, but I guess I will leave that up to the Mac user to figure out how to set up a compiler :P

Since nothing else was suggested first, I guess I will go ahead and build the IDE with no compiling support on Mac, but recommend Brass :)

This will be for programs and I am hoping to enable app support.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 11:07:27 pm    Post subject:

You could try this Smile . It will work for any system you have Wink (warning: 5 year old topic, don't post)
pugboy

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 11:12:04 pm    Post subject:

Well, I guess I could always write my own assembler to do that for me :P

Thanks for the link Very Happy
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 11:21:35 pm    Post subject:

SPASM is a small, very fast assembler. It will sign your APPs and output to any program format. Go to revsoft if you have questions, but it will work just like TASM (with several extra features).

Windows:
http://group.revsoft.org/spasm_win32.zip

Mac (Universal Binary):
http://group.revsoft.org/spasm_mac.zip

You can check out the svn at
http://svn.revsoft.org/spasm/
to build for Linux.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Dec 2008 11:22:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 12:48:19 am    Post subject:

Oh, it works on Mac too :D

Cool, I will use that then. Thanks!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement