This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 16 Jan 2009 02:40:25 pm    Post subject:

Yup.. wait, who changed mah reply box! o.O

lol, anyways.. (i know, just goofing off)

Still working on writing out the code on paper, so I can begin rewriting variables and such. Finding small optimizations as I go, so it isn't completely wasted. Will hopefully have more soon.. Too many things to do.. =S
pieflinger

Posted: 16 Jan 2009 11:14:00 pm    Post subject:

Quick question: Are we going to be able to have two-player battles between calcs over the link cable?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 09:32:59 pm    Post subject:

That is the eventual plan, yes. =]

I have been trying to make sure the battle system remains open to being able to do that easily enough.. or I will create a secondary battle system just for calc to calc battles.

Also, still writing away at all this code.. =p
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 09:39:06 pm    Post subject:

Are you gonna be nice enough to add in that duplication cheat?

Good luck with finishing writing out all the code.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 11:16:24 pm    Post subject:

Probably not. It isn't exactly easy programming in a cheat when it is something done on accident.. =p

Also, more worried about the game playing correctly than a lil cheat like that..
mr. sir

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 07:12:11 pm    Post subject:

Or the Missingno cheat... Rolling Eyes
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 08:40:08 pm    Post subject:

i will be very sad without the missingno cheat!
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 09:02:33 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
i will be very sad without the missingno cheat!

It's more of a product of lazy programmers. That little strip on the side of Cinnabar island was accidentally labeled as a place where 'land' encounters occur, but since it was an accident nothing was loaded into the encounter data buffer to say what the pokemon should be, so whatever encounter data from where you were last (that had wild pokemon) was used. The thing with talking to that guy was that when he did his little 'demo', the name of the player was changed so they wouldn't have to completely redo the code for battle text, and of course they had to back it up somewhere, and guess where they put it! So your name would also be in the encounter buffer, so at that Cinnabar place the game tried to read your name as data for a pokemon, thus glitchy.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 07:28:54 pm    Post subject:

Well, after dealing with a crap ton of ice and snow and stuff, and nearly killing myself with work, I am back to workin on writing out this code and optimizing as I catch them. =]

just thought you all would want to know. Laughing
Galandros

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 10:35:50 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
Well, after dealing with a crap ton of ice and snow and stuff, and nearly killing myself with work, I am back to workin on writing out this code and optimizing as I catch them. =]

just thought you all would want to know. Laughing

Of course. Better to give some little news than this topic get rusty. Good you are optimizing things. More space and speed for more.
But such a massive game isn't a "little" demotivating? Especially with TI-BASIC being relatively slow. But that can also be viewed as a challenge...
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 11:50:40 pm    Post subject:

nawh, the project itself is far from demotivating. Everything in real life is what demotivates me <<

And yeah, finding things that I should have either caught or went back and fixed long ago, getting it done now.. ^^
Galandros

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 07:10:47 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
And yeah, finding things that I should have either caught or went back and fixed long ago, getting it done now.. ^^

I though the same. :biggrin:
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 01:01:44 pm    Post subject:

[/quote]

But such a massive game isn't a "little" demotivating? Especially with TI-BASIC being relatively slow. But that can also be viewed as a challenge...
[/quote]

Bullion cubes. TI-Basic is as fast as you need it to be, just have to code for it Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 12:53:13 pm    Post subject:

True enough, babyboy.

I managed to get the code for the loading program written down, and I spotted an error that will cause you to register the same amount of pokemon being caught from the main screen each time. It is a simple fix, but one I probably would have not caught without having written this code down. I can't wait to be done with all this.. XD
Galandros

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 05:49:03 pm    Post subject:

Babyboy wrote:
Bullion cubes. TI-Basic is as fast as you need it to be, just have to code for it Smile
Well when I see how many moving objects, with hit detection I achieve in BASIC, I feel a little bellow average.
But for less demanding things, you are hopefully right. Seeing this way is a cool language, thinking it was preferentially designed for math (probably).

tifreak, is open season for bugs or what? Nice you catch them... Catch'em all.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Feb 2009 05:55:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 12:56:30 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
That is the eventual plan, yes. =]

I have been trying to make sure the battle system remains open to being able to do that easily enough.. or I will create a secondary battle system just for calc to calc battles.

Also, still writing away at all this code.. =p

That idea is super-effective! Cool

Last edited by Guest on 26 Feb 2009 12:56:41 am; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 Feb 2009 12:36:49 pm    Post subject:

lol digitan

Got some more written out, decided that the loading program needs to be rewritten, it is too horrible large and can be done in 1/8th the code that is currently there. It is on the todo list once I get all the code out on paper.

God this is taking forever.. o_o
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 27 Feb 2009 01:44:06 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
God this is taking forever.. o_o

An epic game implies code of epic proportions :biggrin: (or Cool in your case Sad)
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 Feb 2009 11:33:43 pm    Post subject:

lol, sometimes. XD

Still moving along tho. Will hopefully get some massive amounts done this sunday, and possibly saturday evening, depending on if I can move my arms at all or not.. =S Got lots of firewood to cut and such.
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Mar 2009 09:49:06 pm    Post subject:

About how far through this project do you think you are? Also, how large will the final game be?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement