This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
ztrumpet

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 04:25:53 pm    Post subject:

If you made a program into an AppVar while it was in Archive, it would also cause that problem. (I think.) Smile
Resending these files from the Computer would most likely correct this.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 08:25:32 pm    Post subject:

hmm.. not sure if they were in archive or not.

Regardless tho, other than the box not displaying correctly, I now have NPCs working again.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 12:17:33 am    Post subject:

It's a VAT vs. archive name conflict.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Nov 2009 10:22:55 am    Post subject:

Spending a little time redoing some of pokedex stuff, since some have expressed wanting the pokedex text to also be displayed with the sprite, so messing around with that. Once I get all the text entered in, I will work on making the pokedex work with the text in some fashion, then from there back to NPCs so it doesn't feel like I am completely wasting my time.
ztrumpet

Posted: 01 Nov 2009 02:09:25 pm    Post subject:

Do you want to post the code? I'm sure someone can find your error. Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Nov 2009 04:56:45 pm    Post subject:

I really don't feel like typing all of it out XD

I know it is something simple, but if I get this done, this will make me feel like something got accomplished that needed to be done, so I should have a decent ball rolling with motivation.

The only thing is, this is really tedious work. I have to put in text, with the line-splitting characters, and then run a program to check and make sure it fits >< I have 20 some of them done now, took a break because it makes me start to lose patience on it if I keep going XD
ztrumpet

Posted: 03 Nov 2009 05:42:46 pm    Post subject:

This game is fun!

I'm curiouse why you havn't put out a link yet.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/382/38297.html

I can't wait for more progress.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 03 Nov 2009 10:38:31 pm    Post subject:

lol, kinda spaced it ^^;

Been massively busy with other things, none of which is calc related, so yeah.

And thanks. There has been major advancements in the game since that release. Hoping it sparks people's attention again.
brinef15

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 07:13:37 am    Post subject:

been awhile but do you have any idea when you will post a more recent link? Neutral :confused:
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 11:32:14 am    Post subject:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/382/38297.html is as recent as it gets right now, until I can make the version I am working on playable
brinef15

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 05:01:26 pm    Post subject:

is that version even playable?i download one of them all you could do was walk around
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 09:55:11 pm    Post subject:

This is just a newer tech demo to show off the interior of some of the places and the fact that there is now a scrolling map and stuff. And I believe you can talk with NPCs
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 05 Dec 2009 02:35:29 pm    Post subject:

So I got all the pokedex text completed, got to write a new screen for it to display to tho, so that will happen soon.

Also, I believe I have a way of making NPCs move around the screen, but I am unsure when I do if it will make the screen flash or not. I don't believe it would, but won't know until I try my idea. Is this something that anyone would like to see?
vanchagreen

Posted: 05 Dec 2009 10:54:31 pm    Post subject:

If it doesn't slow everything down, or make the screen flash, then it would be great.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 13 Dec 2009 09:37:51 pm    Post subject:

Did some testing. Basically took a variable and counted to 30 and refreshed the screen. The only change is the character itself 'flashes' because it is displayed after the map is refreshed. Otherwise, there is no flash at all.

Next is to reset the map data a little bit, so it knows there are NPCs on the map, and that they need to move.

Will let you know how that goes along.

Wondering, should I make them look like the player's character, to show direction? This way people can sort of see where they are looking. Or I can just stick with using the pi symbol and not require me to do any editing XD
cssc

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 04:51:20 pm    Post subject:

As long as you can speak to them from any direction, I think you can save yourself some editing Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 06:45:56 pm    Post subject:

At this point that is a problem I am thinking on, how to tell which NPC is which, because everything for NPC interaction is hard coded in. Thinking up ideas now tho, hopefully will have something soon.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 01:12:12 pm    Post subject:

Alright, first test is mostly a success.

The test is basically making the characters move one slot to the right. They can do this successfully without errors if there is nothing to their right. I will of course need to later on add in checking to see if they are stepping on a tile and replacing it when they walk off. At least, I hope that will be relatively easy. XD

The reason this was mostly a success was due to the fact that I have lost a space at the end of the string for some reason. I am unsure why. I have compared the strings themselves and they both appear to be identical, save the changes that the program made when it moved the characters. (right now sticking with the pi symbol until bugs are worked out)

I will keep playing with this until it is perfect, then will see about making it work in the actual game engine.

So, as it stands, NPCs can move to the right if they are allowed to.
cssc

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 08:14:39 pm    Post subject:

Awesome progress is awesome.

I'm guessing if they can move right it'll be easy for you to add checks in other directions if need be.

Keep it up!
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 08:39:44 pm    Post subject:

yeah, I have noticed with the way I program things, once I get it once, it is merely a template to use to do the other things needed. The other three directions should be a breeze to program. Then comes the fun part of putting them in the game engine itself.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement