This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 11:15:23 pm    Post subject:

In light of the recent Nobel Peace Prize, I heard the Iowa National Guard is mobilizing 3,000 soldiers for Afgan deployment. I believe this is the largest (sudden) guard deployment for that state since Vietnam or possibly even WWII. As of yet he hasn't officially approved the 40,000-45,000 solider troop surge, but this looks to be a big foreshadower. I'm curious to know what any Obama fans make of these events.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Oct 2009 11:20:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 08:37:15 am    Post subject:

well we cant call him a hypocrite because he didn't ask to receive the Nobel peace prize...
whyat least3

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 07:51:46 pm    Post subject:

Have you seen the story about George P. Bush, when will people learn to not let anyone from there family have any power.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Nov 2009 03:11:44 pm    Post subject:

Personally I think the Bush dynasty has run its course. George Bush's legacy among Americans would prove too strong a handicap for either Prescott Bush or governor Jeb Bush to ever run a successful presidential bid until 2020. Even that might be pushing it.

In other news, public cynicism is likely to mount this month due to a recent study from the Congressional Budget Office indicating only 2% of Americans plan to enroll in Obama's public health option. This option was pushed as the cornerstone of the $829 billion health care overhaul all summer. Meanwhile, as unemployment nears 10%, Obama's priorities are being questioned as his various secretaries and czars continue to claim things are headed in the right direction. The Rasmussen poll shows Obama's approval index rebounded slightly this week from -11 to -10, ending its all-time low. Overall, his job approval rating is roughly 48%. Interestingly, this matches Bush's lowest approval rating seen in his first term. The public's patience and trust seems to be waring thin. It may be time for another Letterman appearance.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Nov 2009 03:14:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 08:02:28 pm    Post subject:

Associated Press Headline: Obama implores top bankers to increase lending
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091214/ap_on_.../us_obama_banks

Translation: Solve the debt crisis by issuing more debt!

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Dec 2009 08:56:59 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Associated Press Headline: Obama implores top bankers to increase lending
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091214/ap_on_.../us_obama_banks

Translation: Solve the debt crisis by issuing more debt!

They don't learn do they? I even occasionally overhear conversations about people lying about their income to get a better house/car, whatever. Despite the bleak economy some people persist on doing what was done to get us into this mess.

The stimulus packages simply didn't help nor did I expect them too. If people weren't responsible enough to avoid this situation what makes someone think they'd pay off their bills with the stimulus money or use it on something that would reduce the debt? It's like saying "you sure don't know how to handle money, but here take some more" huh? :hmpf:
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Dec 2009 01:49:25 pm    Post subject:

Newbie wrote:
The stimulus packages simply didn't help nor did I expect them too. If people weren't responsible enough to avoid this situation what makes someone think they'd pay off their bills with the stimulus money or use it on something that would reduce the debt? It's like saying "you sure don't know how to handle money, but here take some more" huh? :hmpf:

Amen.

Seriously, even if they were "responsible" enough to put their business back on course, is anyone really going to go in the right direction. Look at Ford. They haven't received any bail out money, and they are still going. That is so ironic. Rolling Eyes
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Dec 2009 07:47:55 pm    Post subject:

Yep. It all kind of goes back to that remark I made last summer about how Washington can get wealthier by making Americans take out more loans. In fact, since the Treasury eventually collects interest due on new money the Reserve creates, both would have strong incentives to decrease the public's net worth as long as possible (as long as credit can still moved and tracked easily). Many even indefinitely.

Luckily, people are starting to catch on to this and they're not happy. I was kind of surprised to see last week that --of all places-- Newsweek's cover story featured an article basically calling these guys out (and Obama administration)...questioning inflation and the deficit with hard figures. It kind of blindsided me considering the publication is usually a cheering section for Democratic party initiatives. It most likely came out because Ben Bernanke's confirmation hearing is this month. A lot of legislators want him out--or more likely they want to send him a message before he gains even more influence through the president. Unfortunately, I think he will stay. And the senators calling him out will probably fall in line once he offers them something they want. That's usually how things are played in DC.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Dec 2009 07:53:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 Jan 2010 12:49:16 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
When someone's already convinced themselves that somebody else is a terrorist, there's no convincing them otherwise. This was passed to me a short while ago:

Name Withheld wrote:
I unequivocally can't let Weregoose's misinformation and misguided arguments about terrorism go by without comment. Let me cut to the chase: Weregoose's antihumanist attempt to construct a creative response to my previous letter was absolutely pitiful. Really, Weregoose, stringing together a bunch of solecistic insults and seemingly random babble is hardly effective. It simply proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that when I observe his satraps' behavior, I can't help but recall the proverbial expression, "monkey see, monkey do". That's because, like Weregoose, they all want to reduce our modern, civilized, industrialized society to a state of mindless, primitive barbarism. Also, while a monkey might think that divine ichor flows through Weregoose's veins, the fact remains that he claims that the ancient Egyptians used psychic powers to build the pyramids. That claim illustrates a serious reasoning fallacy, one that is pandemic in his whinges. Then again, if Weregoose had even a shred of intellectual integrity, he'd admit that it's indeed astounding that he has found a way to work the words "pseudoconglomeration" and "anthropomorphical" into his vaporings. However, you may find it even more astounding that one does not have to reap a harvest of death in order to encourage individuals to come out of their cocoons and flourish. It is a sordid person who believes otherwise.

Moving on, in a rather infamous speech, Weregoose exclaimed that brazen curmudgeons are all inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. (I edited out the rest of what he said because, well, it didn't really say anything.) Before explaining why blathering miscreants cause insurmountable trouble for us, I must first search for solutions that are more creative and constructive than the typically gutless ones championed by dodgy rabble-rousers. He justifies his insecure, intrusive initiatives with fallacious logical arguments based on argumentum ad baculum. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it means that if we don't accept Weregoose's claim that truth is merely a social construct then he will deny the obvious. I have a message for Weregoose. My message is that, for the good of us all, he should never create a daft world of guilt and shame. He should never even try to do such an irascible thing. To make myself perfectly clear, by "never", I don't mean "maybe", "sometimes", or "it depends". I mean only that Weregoose is a man utterly without honor, without principles, without a shred of genuine patriotism. That's why I say that I will never give up. I will never stop trying. And I will use every avenue possible to make Weregoose's damnable fairy tales understood, resisted, and made the object of deserved contempt by young and old alike.

Weregoose's beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) have experienced a considerable amount of evolution (or perhaps more accurately, genetic drift) over the past few weeks. They used to be simply primitive. Now, not only are they both impractical and misinformed, but they also serve as unequivocal proof that Weregoose is squarely in favor of autism and its propensity to coordinate a revolution. This is so typical of Weregoose: he condemns bigotry and injustice except when it benefits him personally. Let me close by reminding you that the statements I made about Weregoose in this letter are in earnest. I will not equivocate. I will not excuse. I will not retreat a single inch. And I will be heard.

Gotcha!http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

But... the Egyptians really did have psychic powers... (Hmm, what's that en dash doing up there?)

a it! I read that whole thing thinking some godly person with an enormous vocabulary had written it!
wesley

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 09:49:26 pm    Post subject:

Man, oh man. I just love the auto-complainer: http://www.pakin.org/complaint/.

I think I could put Texas Instruments in there every day and enjoy reading the new complaint. (Of course there are other companies like *cough* Microsoft.)

Quote:
As much as I enjoy writing letter after letter about Texas Instruments, the fact remains that every perceptive person who examines the evidence objectively will understand that it would be a mistake to believe that Texas Instruments is as innocent as a newborn lamb. To begin at the beginning, Texas Instruments has frequently been spotted making nicey-nice with obtuse hermits. Is this because it needs their help to twist the teaching of history to suit its wayward, unbalanced purposes? I wish I had a lot more time to answer that question. Unfortunately, the following comment will have to suffice: I don't care a brass farthing about what Texas Instruments thinks of me. Sadly, lack of space prevents me from elaborating further.

I am not predicting anything specific. I just have a feeling, an intuition, based on several things that are happening now that Texas Instruments will confuse, befuddle, and neutralize public opposition one of these days. Texas Instruments's pledge not to encourage a deadly acceptance of intolerance is merely empty rhetoric, invoked on occasion for theatrical effect but otherwise studiously ignored. What I just wrote is not based on merely a single experience or anecdote. Rather, it is based upon the wisdom of accumulated years, spanning two continents, and proven by the fact that we mustn't let Texas Instruments turn us into easy prey for the worst types of apolaustic protestors there are. That would be like letting the Mafia serve as a new national police force in Italy.

Texas Instruments's torchbearers have already started to make people suspicious of those who speak the truth. The result: absolute vapidity, feebleminded and closed-minded cacophony, lack of personality, monotony, and boredom. Until recently, Texas Instruments's ramblings have gone unnoticed and unanalyzed. That's just a fancy way of saying that Texas Instruments is trying hard to convince a substantial number of disruptive publicity hounds to make me the target of a constant, consistent, systematic, sustained campaign of attacks. It presumably believes that the "hundredth-monkey phenomenon" will spontaneously incite insolent masters of deceit to behave likewise. The reality, however, is that some of us have an opportunity to come in contact with anti-democratic clodpolls on a regular basis at work or in school. We, therefore, may be able to gain some insight into the way they think, into their values; we may be able to understand why they want to tell everyone else what to do. Let me leave you with one last thought: Texas Instruments's homilies are a hotbed of propagandism.
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 12:16:35 pm    Post subject:

I hate that guy.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 09:07:00 am    Post subject:

On a lighter note, JibJab has aired their 2010 wrap-up.

* So Long to ya, 2010!

Embedable:
<div style="background-color:#e9e9e9; width: 480px;"><object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CCuoLd0K4lY?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CCuoLd0K4lY?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object><div style="text-align:center; width:480px; margin-top:6px;">Personalize funny videos and birthday <a href="http://sendables.jibjab.com/ecards">eCards</a> at <a href="http://sendables.jibjab.com/">JibJab!</a></div></div>

Last edited by Guest on 26 Dec 2010 09:09:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement