This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. UTI Members Chat => General Open Topic
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 11:53:01 pm    Post subject:

I need a logo I can use for a link to here. What one is recommended?
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 08:30:22 am    Post subject:

This one is pretty!
(Just a recomendation by the ninjas)

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The ninjas made their selection of their favorite logo through a tedious and meticulous selection process involving seven scantily clad obeise Tibetan men and a seemingly endless supply of gyros.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 08:00:48 pm    Post subject:

try using a text link until we decide on a logo. that way you wont have to change it after we select one.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2003 07:43:42 am    Post subject:

In that case he'd still have to change it to a picture.
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Dec 2003 12:14:31 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'm doing web sites for a couple of teachers at my school and one of them is the head of the math department. I think it'd be nice if students who can't figure out something with their calculator can find somewhere to get help on it, besides the teacher. My web design class teacher wants logos for the links that I put on the site, so I'm asking if there's one you'd prefer. It can always be updated at a later date, of course.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Dec 2003 12:30:11 pm    Post subject:

http://www.unitedti.org/list.html

I knew it (this link) was around here somewhere, figures it's stickied on the main forum. Smile
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Dec 2003 01:48:38 pm    Post subject:

arcane, how often do you change your title?
i think this one represents United-TI the best:
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Dec 2003 08:36:39 am    Post subject:

That one has potential, but has been put together far too choppily to look good. Not to mention, for a links page, a smaller logo might make a better one to use (though that big one could be resized, it might look funny being small).

Use the classic ninja method of picking logos - swing blindly and strike out with your inner karma.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Dec 2003 09:12:06 am    Post subject:

KD5YTX wrote:
That one has potential, but has been put together far too choppily to look good.  Not to mention, for a links page, a smaller logo might make a better one to use (though that big one could be resized, it might look funny being small).

Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Use the classic ninja method of picking logos - swing blindly and strike out with your inner karma.
Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

what do you mean by "far too chopily"?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Dec 2003 10:20:48 am    Post subject:

The edges look messy, and that 92 looks odd (clipping).
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Dec 2003 11:23:04 pm    Post subject:

well, the 92 was the best i got from vti, and well, i could do the edges better... i just freehanded them.
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Dec 2003 01:04:31 pm    Post subject:

The edges are nasty -
Quote:
i just freehanded them.

and there is some color and lighting variation between the calcs which looks rather odd. Overall, I simple meant that it was not quite the first impression of United TI that we may wish to portray on a links page.

The ninjas use this thing called "Photoshop..." It's really quite nifty.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 19 Dec 2003 06:24:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, could you show us what the web site as you have it so far looks like? or at least describe it? different logos might look better with the background.
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 19 Dec 2003 08:23:31 pm    Post subject:

The website is for a teacher at school. It won't be up till it gets aproved, and my teacher (who approves the stuff) won't be back till next year. However, I do have a link to the background that I found...

This one is the site: http://www.ahs.albany.k12.ny.us/AHS/class/...00/bc_calc.html and this one is directly to the gif: http://www.ahs.albany.k12.ny.us/AHS/images/math.gif
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Dec 2003 02:17:41 pm    Post subject:

Your teacher censors students websites?

That is a bit rediculous.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 20 Dec 2003 04:12:01 pm    Post subject:

I think he means that he is designing the teacher's website, and the teacher wants to make sure that said teacher likes the website, so it's really that the teacher wants a good website.
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Dec 2003 09:48:38 pm    Post subject:

Here's a more detailed explanation:

I am in web design with Teacher "A" as the course instructor. Our job, basically, is to create a web site for a teacher to go on our school site. So, I'm making a site for teacher "B." When I'm done, I show site to teacher "B" and then teacher "A" has to approve the content for it to go on the school server. It's so that everything on the site will look "professional" and what not.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement