This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Igrek

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 05:32:44 am    Post subject:

I have a friend who wants to learn JAVA as her first programing language. Does anyone know a tutorial that would help her getting started. (I only know Visual Basic and some C#, so I have no experience whatsoever about JAVA.)
Thanks in advance
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 10:32:58 am    Post subject:

“Thinking in Java”
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 02:01:48 pm    Post subject:

sgm wrote:
“Thinking in Java”

An author or link might also be helpful.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Jul 2009 02:02:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
benryves

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 03:06:44 pm    Post subject:

Java is not Just Another Vague Acronym. ;-)

It may be worth bearing in mind that C# is not a million miles from Java (though with some of the more heinous design decisions fixed).
Igrek

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 06:44:37 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, are there any online guides, forums, stuff,... you might advice?
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 08:45:58 pm    Post subject:

well, the javadoc is always a good place to find information. Just search "javadoc java.net.url". The first page listed is what is called javadoc. That lists all the methods and constructors and everything. That is really helpful with things. I would also check out netbeans, because it is a good IDE.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement