This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Jan 2010 10:03:17 am    Post subject:

..|.. Razz
Galandros

Posted: 18 Jan 2010 03:11:11 pm    Post subject:

metagross111 wrote:
UPDATE: finished up to Pokemon #113 Chansey and working on Tangela. More than two-thirds of the way, woohoo!

I hate this spriting so much now, but I can't possibly stop here ;_;

on to Tangela! (which I have worked on for like 2 weeks x.x)

Keep up the sprites quality! Tangela is looking superb. *applauses*
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 05:57:33 am    Post subject:

yeah, I just finished Tangela, as well as Kangaskhan, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, and Seaking. Working on Staryu next. Had a lucky burst of productivity, with a total of 18 sprites finished this weekend.
Xeda112358

Posted: 20 Jan 2010 02:47:52 pm    Post subject:

I haven't read through everything yet, but I noticed that your sprites were going to be in string format. I have an ASM program that is like the identity(5 command, except it uses a tokenized string as the input. It is called QSprite, but a bunch of other random things are included. I would be happy to make a custom library for this game so that you could have only what you need. As a warning, I am still pretty new to assembly, so I am not a pro. I would definitely stick with storing sprite data to an appvar and then using the binread command of Celtic3. So to get the data for a 16x16 sprite:

det(14,"rowSwap(PokeSprt",16A,16 ;A is the sprite number. PokeSprt is an appvar with the sprite data
identity(5,Ans,x,y,2,16,1,0,1

I have been using this format in my RPG's for a while. Too bad I never finish them...

Pokémon is awesome! I have attempted to make my own version (Pokémon Amber), but it never fell together. I didn't want to deal with the equations (even though my own can be as complex as...heck). This is looking amazing. ☺
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Jan 2010 08:45:23 pm    Post subject:

ThunderBolt wrote:
I haven't read through everything yet, but I noticed that your sprites were going to be in string format. I have an ASM program that is like the identity(5 command, except it uses a tokenized string as the input. It is called QSprite, but a bunch of other random things are included. I would be happy to make a custom library for this game so that you could have only what you need. As a warning, I am still pretty new to assembly, so I am not a pro. I would definitely stick with storing sprite data to an appvar and then using the binread command of Celtic3. So to get the data for a 16x16 sprite:

det(14,"rowSwap(PokeSprt",16A,16 ;A is the sprite number. PokeSprt is an appvar with the sprite data
identity(5,Ans,x,y,2,16,1,0,1

I have been using this format in my RPG's for a while. Too bad I never finish them...

Pokémon is awesome! I have attempted to make my own version (Pokémon Amber), but it never fell together. I didn't want to deal with the equations (even though my own can be as complex as...heck). This is looking amazing. ☺

cool, I think I'd like that! but it's still early to tell. I do plan to use a lot of Celtic functions, and I am thinking over my decision for strings as the storage for the sprites. in hex, it would take a lot of mem, lot more than if i used pics, but I'm not sure yet. right now my focus is completing the sprites themselves.

as for the formulas, yeah, they were complicated as heck. I somehow made them more complicated in my first release x_x

the new engine will be MUCH cleaner. in any case, what do you think about storing the sprites as pure hex data in an appvar and recalling it that way? can you do that?
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 06:42:03 pm    Post subject:

amazing, i may dust off the old machine for this one. 3 for sure though, looks more portish
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Feb 2010 12:38:46 pm    Post subject:

Babyboy wrote:
amazing, i may dust off the old machine for this one. 3 for sure though, looks more portish

bah, and I really hate 3. I don't have the patience to make back sprites anyway.

anyway, finished Starmie, Mr. Mime, Scyther, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, and Pinsir, completing set 8 of 10.

Tauros-Snorlax next! I'm almost finished!
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Jun 2010 11:19:56 pm    Post subject:

(posting here to update topic)
Well, I've been working on these for a while, and figured I'd show you my progress.
EDIT: I have finished ALL 151 POKEMON!

What do you think? I've been working on these for a long time. Any criticisms/ideas?

EDIT: August 31st, 2009 - added 4th column and back sprites
EDIT: January 17th, 2010 - finished up to #113
EDITL June 9th, 2010 - finished ALL 151 POKEMON![color=#000000] Removed back sprites.[/color]
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 04:35:38 am    Post subject:

For original hand drawn sprites, I think these came out beautifully. What makes this feat even more impressive is the fact that you choose to create the sprites in black and white instead of grey. It makes the task that much more challenging as it gives you less to work with. And to top it all off, you did three poses per pokemon so that you can animate them, absolutely wonderful! I'm currently working on scaling all the front sprites from Pokemon Red to 32 X 32 for Buckeye's pokemon red clone, so I can really appreciate all the time and effort that you put into these. Again, excellent job! Incidentally, did you decide to ditch the use of the back sprites all together?
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 08:49:36 am    Post subject:

For now, I've decided not to worry about back sprites. but I'm not necessarily giving them up forever, cause with a little modification those sprites from the original red and blue will fit just fine.
calcdude84se

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 09:57:00 am    Post subject:

Wow, these look awesome. You must have spent a long time drawing them...
I am impressed. Smile
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 08:33:54 pm    Post subject:

calcdude84se wrote:

I am impressed. Smile

almost an entire year.
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 03:10:12 pm    Post subject:

JoeYoung wrote:

calcdude84se wrote:

I am impressed. Smile

almost an entire year.

Would you mind if actually used your pidgey,bulbasaur,squirtle,charmander,and pikachu sprites. I need to finish a game for a friend by this mondy, otherwise I wont be able to get it to him. It is a pokemon battleing game.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 07:03:29 pm    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

JoeYoung wrote:

calcdude84se wrote:

I am impressed. Smile

almost an entire year.

Would you mind if actually used your pidgey,bulbasaur,squirtle,charmander,and pikachu sprites. I need to finish a game for a friend by this mondy, otherwise I wont be able to get it to him. It is a pokemon battleing game.

You know, that's really iffy. :/

As a matter of pride, I'm heavily inclined to say no. After spending so much effort on these, perhaps you could understand why. I want to hear more about your project before I make a decision, though.
Bhaliar

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 10:11:52 am    Post subject:

I can understand why. So far, you can load and save a game. You go in, and you battle an enemy pokemon that has level/stats that are either 2 levels above yours, equal to yours, or 3 below yours. You can by potions to use in battle, and you can als buy rare candies for a small fortune. They will level you up, but give you less then regular. I have yet to implement when you level up and get new moves. There is a pokemon center that you an only use if k.o.ed. That's about it so far. I may eventually make another version where you can have a party, or where you can wander and battle people, or pokemon, or both.

Edit: It is all being done in basic. Everything so far is pretty fast, which I am really happy about.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jun 2010 10:13:03 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 08:20:14 pm    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

I can understand why. So far, you can load and save a game. You go in, and you battle an enemy pokemon that has level/stats that are either 2 levels above yours, equal to yours, or 3 below yours. You can by potions to use in battle, and you can als buy rare candies for a small fortune. They will level you up, but give you less then regular. I have yet to implement when you level up and get new moves. There is a pokemon center that you an only use if k.o.ed. That's about it so far. I may eventually make another version where you can have a party, or where you can wander and battle people, or pokemon, or both.

Edit: It is all being done in basic. Everything so far is pretty fast, which I am really happy about.

I suppose I'm ok with it, on two conditions. You send me a copy before you share it, and you give credit when you do.
Bhaliar

Posted: 11 Jun 2010 08:48:45 pm    Post subject:

JoeYoung wrote:

Bhaliar wrote:

I suppose I'm ok with it, on two conditions. You send me a copy before you share it, and you give credit when you do.

Of course, and of Course. That and it will only be like six, not all of them.
Bhaliar

Posted: 13 Jun 2010 12:01:35 pm    Post subject:

Okay, so I have a picture that is stored to my calc as one of the menus, so i'll have to hard code it in or something..

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2010 12:41:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement