This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Aug 2009 07:11:36 pm    Post subject:

I recently bought a TI-89 (not the titanium the original) off of ebay and the text in the top menu sometimes gets distorted as well as in some sub menus. Not every pixel will show for a certain letter. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong, or is this just the display going bad?

Never mind. It seem to be when a certain function is disabled at a certain point on the screen they remove every other pixel on the letters.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Aug 2009 10:29:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Aug 2009 09:15:22 pm    Post subject:

How did you do it? And could you explain the process a little more? I ask because I tried and failed to fix a guy's calc with EXACTLY this problem, and am dying to know how you did it.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 08 Aug 2009 09:37:51 pm    Post subject:

It's similar to pull-down menus on computers when stuff is grayed-out. Except, the TI-89 doesn't have built-in grayscale, so it removes pixels.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Aug 2009 10:12:29 pm    Post subject:

Oh, nevermind. I get what he means now. I was just remembering a glitch where the entire screen was garbled, not just a few functions greyed out. I did know about that.
Sidd26

Posted: 06 Mar 2012 12:16:54 am    Post subject:

Newbie wrote:

I recently bought a TI-89 (not the titanium the original) off of ebay and the text in the top menu sometimes gets distorted as well as in some sub menus. Not every pixel will show for a certain letter. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong, or is this just the display going bad?

Never mind. It seem to be when a certain function is disabled at a certain point on the screen they remove every other pixel on the letters.

I have a TI89 Titanium and I have the exact same problem, could you please post the solution to fix the distortion on certain lines?
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Mar 2012 10:14:15 am    Post subject:

If it is like the image below, then it is okay Smile It is an option not able to be used, so it is crossed out. For example, think of a game where you have options Continue, New Game, or Quit. If you have not started a game yet, you cannot continue, so it might be crossed out [s]Continue[/s]. The 89 "grays it out" so it turns off every other pixel in a checkerboard pattern Smile
So the image:
[attachment=3545:89Screenie0.png]
That is normal Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement