This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 09:39:39 pm    Post subject:

I ran out of usb headers on my motherboard, but need a way to add one more 2X5 male usb header. Is there a way to do this without adding a pci card? I honestly would do it that way, but I have no room to add another PCI card. Are there any 5.25 controllers that would provide a usb header?

Last edited by Guest on 26 Sep 2009 09:40:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 03:48:00 pm    Post subject:

Do you really need another USB header? Or would a USB hub suffice? If not, adding a PCI card is the only way I know.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 07:29:53 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately it needs to be a header. I have usb ports on the front of my pc that don't work because I have no available headers.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement