This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 12:38:44 am    Post subject:

I was toying with this kooky idea of creating a super-complicated RPG, with loads of different stats (which I haven't really figured out how they'll mesh)

I figured I'd make this list of stats here, and add onto it. I'll provide a basic set, and you can post suggestions, as well as which RPG may have them or was the inspiration for them, like final fantasy games. this might never get off the ground, but you never know.

Here's a basic list, let's add to it!

Health Points
Magic Points
Experience Points
Level
Vitality
Attack
Strength
Guts
Adrenaline
Defense
Intelligence
Wisdom
Speed
Dexterity
Luck

Last edited by Guest on 01 Dec 2009 01:11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 12:55:33 am    Post subject:

These are from the game Earthbound

Guts

If you have enough guts, sometimes you can survive an attack that would normally kill you. If you have 50 HP and a monster does 250 damage to you, but you have enough guts, you may live with one HP left

Adreniline

This is how often you get an extra boost in strength for one hit (for instance, if your normal attack is 50, adreniline means sometimes you do an extra 25 points of damage). Also from Earthbound, but this was another characteristic of guts, and I figured with your idea of different stats, this should have a category of its own

Vitality

With enough vitality, you (once in a while) get an extra boost in total HP earned as you gain experience.

What is MP?
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 01:04:27 am    Post subject:

MP is like HP, Magic Points, points to use magic.

good suggestions, though.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 04:32:58 pm    Post subject:

resistance could be defence against magic
or you could have a magic defence that serves that purpose
while resistance could be defense against elemental damage and decrease you chances of obtaining related status effects

i think you should group stats into two groups
cause stats which can be changed directly, and effect stats that can only be changed by upgrading cause stats

Last edited by Guest on 01 Dec 2009 04:37:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 06:01:44 pm    Post subject:

How Agile the guy is. Controls if an opponent's attack does full damage or not.

Don't know a word for it though, and it would rely on speed to. How much you can do a neo back bend to dodge, but how fast you do it to.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 07:48:22 pm    Post subject:

evaisiveness- pokemon (stupid double team)
accuracy- pokemon as well (stupid sand attack)
i think you are thinking about agillity
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 07:57:27 pm    Post subject:

I think we're going to need to check for spelling errors when all is said and done. But, I see that you're already doing that. Wink

Last edited by Guest on 01 Dec 2009 07:58:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 09:19:50 pm    Post subject:

How about height and weight?

Speaking of Earthbound, it had some comically mundane status ailments like nausea, head colds, crying, and low concentration. That would be pretty neat.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 11:03:15 pm    Post subject:

I think it would also be great to rattle off as many species and job classes we can Smile
Bhaliar

Posted: 02 Dec 2009 03:01:40 pm    Post subject:

Thief
Warrior
Mage
Merchant
Blacksmith
Tailor
Farmer
Medic
Genius

Elf
Dark Elf
Troll
Orc
Man
Were-species( Werewolf, Were sheep etc. Very Happy)
Centaurs

And those are only a few. Also, the Blacksmith, farmer, tailor, and merchant class come from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Also, Agility is more of speed then flexibility, Thats part of it. Agile and agility are the same but different at the same time. Maybe agility could be the stat type for speed, flexibility, etc.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Dec 2009 03:03:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Dec 2009 04:23:16 pm    Post subject:

Knight
Warrior
Black Mage
White Mage
Devout
Magus
Dark Knight
Ninja
Freelancer
Ranger
Sage
Red Mage
Thief
Viking
Dragoon
Summoner
Bard
Geomancer

Those are from Final Fantasy 3 (not the PSX one).
There's about 24 in FF3, I just can't remember them all.
For the ones that seem repetitive, they are usually a more advanced form or balanced in a different way.

Paladin
Solider
Beastmaster

These are from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which also has a lot of different jobs.

How about moogles for a species?
They are awesome! Very Happy
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 02 Dec 2009 05:27:22 pm    Post subject:

Reaver
Bloodmage
champion
duelist
Templar
arcane warrior
got those from a RPG that recently came out.

necromancer
pirate
Mercenary
cleric
general
shaman
some other classes

dragons
alien
cyborg
dwarf
vampire
more species

Last edited by Guest on 02 Dec 2009 05:27:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 02 Dec 2009 05:36:28 pm    Post subject:

What would be cool, is if when you decide to download the game, you chose which classes and species you wanted. That would help use up less memory. So you only have the stats for one class and species instead of like 30 on your calculator.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Dec 2009 08:09:42 pm    Post subject:

meh, I don't know how the game will work out yet.

but wow! thanks for all the suggestions! I've written some of them down on paper here..... and I love FF3.

I was just curious, but maybe something will come of this and the notes and various snippets of old RPGs I have lying around.

Problem is, I want to have a fun and unique battle system, that's the problem here. I'm still mulling over that one.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Dec 2009 08:10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 05 Dec 2009 06:08:54 am    Post subject:

No mention for the KoL classes yet? Accordions FTW!
Bhaliar

Posted: 06 Dec 2009 02:03:05 am    Post subject:

Well fun and unique may be hard hmmm.....

Yeah, i had n idea, but to much grinding.

It would also be cool if you could somehow avoid enemies sometimes.
Also, whilst fighting, make certain parts attackable and others not. That and maybe you can attack thre things, destroying two lets you win.

AS for actual fighting, maybe you could have fight as 2nd and enter be a list with different spells and attacks, making it able to have more diversity that way. like when you go in the list, and you choose something that you obtained, it sets it to 2nd and deals the damage it carries.

More ideas later. Tired know.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Dec 2009 11:10:39 am    Post subject:

heck, that might be interesting.

how about card-based combat? have each member with their own deck, or a deck for the whole team, and luck could affect the cards you draw? I have no idea how this could work, but it might be very interesting!
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Dec 2009 11:19:30 am    Post subject:

Actually, I'm liking this idea more and more. How about each party member has a deck of 25 or so cards and their attack capabilities for that turn depends on what they draw? It'd be kinda similar to the Megaman Battle Network games. There will be limitations on what character can have what cards in their deck, depending on job or class or level. There will be some sort of restrictions to keep a character from creating an uber-powerful deck until they level up, raising the bar for a card point restriction. Every few turns, for long battles, they'll need to reshuffle, or RECHARGE, their deck so that they may reuse cards.

It'd be like a mix of Megaman, Kingdom Hearts, and Yu-gi-oh! Creating the cards won't really be a problem, I'm sure I can sprite some nice images for them. Your enemy is actually in the same boat with the card system, so a simple AI will need to be made. This could be a really cool game.
Bhaliar

Posted: 06 Dec 2009 09:16:57 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. Turn based card is a lot easier then actual action. Though, instead of a card restriction, why not make more valuable cards available when you level up. So level one you can get level 0-1 cards. Level 5 you can get level 0-5 cards. Will the cards have effects? That, and you can add ultra rare powerful cards accessible on any level, but you need to do some sceret specific thing to get them. That and you can have lamination for the cards as a shield. ( Jk). But some cards should be used to give a shield, or temporary life boost.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Dec 2009 11:37:11 pm    Post subject:

hmm.... good ideas, i'm still brainstorming this.

though Pokemonz are currently distracting me.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement