This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 07 Dec 2009 02:38:52 pm    Post subject:

speaking of card games and Pokemon, has anyone ever played Pokemon trading card game for the game boy (my favorite game ever)

anyway you could make it so you can trade cards with others via the link cable also
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Dec 2009 06:19:58 pm    Post subject:

I played the Pokemon card game on GBC

but as for your idea, i'm not exactly sure the cards are going to work like that.
Bhaliar

Posted: 08 Dec 2009 01:12:21 am    Post subject:

I think that unnecessary. Every game has the same cards, but certain ones may remain locked or hidden.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Dec 2009 01:22:20 am    Post subject:

Whether card-based or regular RPG, you should consider that too many stats may make it difficult for a player, though I can't really explain why.
Bhaliar

Posted: 08 Dec 2009 12:41:24 pm    Post subject:

I get what you mean. In a card game, different stats apply to different cards, making some cards have more stats, which, with to many cards and stats, will make it confusing. And A long list is easier to cut down to a good size then a short list.
Ed H

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 12:48:32 am    Post subject:

Some potential stats:

Imagination
Pulchritude
Vim
:biggrin:
Bhaliar

Posted: 16 Dec 2009 11:41:57 pm    Post subject:

Ed H wrote:
Some potential stats:

Imagination
Pulchritude
Vim

There neat in the idea, but the way there applied may not be germane here. Rpg's tend to use magic for using something along the lines of wishes, or magic elves. I'm not really sure what the vim was, and imagination, meh. It may be used when you have multiple items, like make more combos available, but like we said, card based needs to be straight forward. Maybe an imagination spell card, which allows you to create combos. Also, i'm not nit picking. I'm just saying what my opinion on its ability to be added to an rpg.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 12:05:04 am    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:
Ed H wrote:
Some potential stats:

Imagination
Pulchritude
Vim

There neat in the idea, but the way there applied may not be germane here. Rpg's tend to use magic for using something along the lines of wishes, or magic elves. I'm not really sure what the vim was, and imagination, meh. It may be used when you have multiple items, like make more combos available, but like we said, card based needs to be straight forward. Maybe an imagination spell card, which allows you to create combos. Also, i'm not nit picking. I'm just saying what my opinion on its ability to be added to an rpg.

that was all-in-all a joke post >.>
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 08:12:14 am    Post subject:

My personal favorite stat is the 'Stache (moustache) stat from the Mario & Luigi games (reduces cash needed to buy stuff). Just awesome.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 09:09:12 am    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
My personal favorite stat is the 'Stache (moustache) stat from the Mario & Luigi games (reduces cash needed to buy stuff). Just awesome.

upped criticals in the game too
Bhaliar

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 12:03:32 am    Post subject:

Well we should mybe wite something where all this stats stuff is maintained.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 08:37:58 am    Post subject:

i do agree with hotdog on the stats matter i think once we outline all the stats we should shorten the list and then group the remaining ones into groups than replace the groups with a general stat that does every thing that the stats in its respective group did
Bhaliar

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 03:33:52 pm    Post subject:

Umm okay. Haha. Like I said, we should get the maij stats then create something that adds points or takes them away when its supposed to.
Bhaliar

Posted: 20 Jan 2010 11:48:47 pm    Post subject:

Been absent from here and programming for a bit. Anyways

Health Points
Magic Points
Level
Vitality
Attack
Strength
Guts
Adrenaline
Defense
Intelligence
Wisdom
Speed
Dexterity
Luck
Agility
Resistance

Health
Magic points-(Magic, resistance)
Level- (What level and experience, Also maybe how many “skill” points you have)
Strength- (Strength, vitality, guts, defense, adrenaline)
Knowledge-(Wisdom, intelligence,)
Agility-(Speed, dexterity, dodge)

Luck is odd one out. Some explanations:

Strength affects how well you can defend against attacks, how strong and lively you are, if your brawn or brain, and if it gets to low, adrenaline is released for short period.

There is at least a frame we can start from or tweak.

Also, I have a story that may give us a good 4 hr's play time, and have some live action gaming, simple live action gaming, but live action gaming nonetheless. It'll make it more fun and attention grabbing with a mix of live-action and turn-based.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jan 2010 11:55:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 09:37:18 pm    Post subject:

who died and made you project leader [laughs]. any way id like to hear the story you have in mind. also lets not make it to complicated
Bhaliar

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 03:43:54 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy. No one. It just kinda stopped mid brain storm so I'm reviving it. I'm actually working on an rpg now, but scaled down. Alot. Its pure basic so... Anywho.

The theme of my story is quite simple. In layman's terms, meet regular boy. Big tragedy. Boy must go on quest. Boy saves day. Big cheer. In detailed, its got some twists turns mini games etc. The beginning I had in mind is you live with a relative, and you deliver things said relative makes. This makes first mini game where you are in a road, and have to dodge things as you automatically move down it. You can move back and forward, but you will never stop moving completely. Well tragedy havent thought of. I don't wanna use a hackneyed one. This is just for story filler. Town attacked, people prisoner while your way. You return to see caravan leaving. You chase after lose em. Thats where the real game starts. In a forest path to a town. The monsters didn't come this way, but its where you must start your search. Also, I think that we shouldn't make him have to go places for big weapons and all. He should get em from beating monsters or people, in towns as side quests. Thats just the beginning and whew.
kinkoa

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 11:44:10 pm    Post subject:

well this is quite elaborate and thats alot of stats, classes; how exactly are you planning on makling a game with that much without it being incredibly slow or are you doing it in assembly
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement