This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy) =>
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 11:25:37 am    Post subject:

This topic is for the following members, so far:

Myself
Buckeye Dude
Eeems
Rebma Boss
Graphmastur

If anyone else posts on this topic, the post WILL BE DELETED. If you are not one of these five, please use other topics to post questions, comments, suggestions, etc. However, you may freely view the topic.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Dec 2009 10:07:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 06:45:39 pm    Post subject:

sweet our own forum! I feel special Razz
also, what should I work on right now? I have a little free time and a computer so I could do a little work...also I could do some work on my ipod.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 07:22:55 pm    Post subject:

Hi, Eeems, to answer your question:

Quote:
So my first request is sprites for an animation that will occur when teleporting to another area or transforming your unit into another one. The animation will last about 2.5 seconds, and you can use duplicate sprites in the animation whenever needed. The teleport needs to start up in 1/2 second and continue for 2.5 seconds. The last half-second is when the unit will disappear, so there needs to be .5 seconds of the teleporting "dying down" somehow...I'm envisioning stars and sparkles, kind of like a cartoon movie where a wizard or fairy godmother disappears, but use your imagination if you have a better idea. You're looking at about 30 frames per second, and a GIF showing your animation would be a big help.

Graphmastur envisioned a Stargate-like transporter system, I'm thinking a Star Trek-like transporter system, maybe you have your own ideas...

But if you don't have time to start this (like, maybe you need to sit down or something), work on the Degruser's weapon's system: Torpedoes, like in Star Wars. There should be a sprite for the torpedo in eight directions (or one sprite if the torpedo is a ball of energy or something, meaning it will look the same in all directions.) There should also be sprites to animate the torpedo dissipating when it reaches maximum range, once again in eight directions. Finally, there should be an animation for the torpedo hitting an object, in eight directions.

Use the Degruser as a guide, and if you can, the sprites should be in eight-directions isometrically, not from top-down.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 07:41:50 pm    Post subject:

Ah well I'm no longer on my comp, but I'll try making a rough copy of the torpedo if I can on my iPod
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 07:46:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ah well I'm no longer on my comp, but I'll try making a rough copy of the torpedo if I can on my iPod

If you have a long period of time to work on your computer, the transporting animation should take priority over the torpedo. Unfortunate as it is, I can't always assign something immediately Smile
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 09:03:41 pm    Post subject:

K, well I should get to thinking about how I can make that animation...
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 09:53:17 pm    Post subject:

3 questions:
1: what size tiles?
2: what do you mean isometric? Is that even possible? (counts as 1 question)
3: can you post a pic of the thing we are supposed to "transport"?
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 10:08:34 pm    Post subject:

1. Whoops, I posted this and forgot to repost it. The animation for transporting is 32 x 32 in size. Otherwise, I have no idea what tiles you're talking about.
2. http://www.unitedti.org/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=136882 is an example of isometric. Notice instead of looking top-down, the map looks 3d, but is not in first-person view. Also, in the S.A.D. units topic, you don't see the ships straight up and down, instead you seem them from another angle
3. Units are being transported, they're on the S.A.D. units topic
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 05:45:25 pm    Post subject:

*Speechless*

That map was insane! Okay, so 32x32 seems kinda huge, but whatever.

I think I will do it in basic w/ C3. I'll have some time tomorrow.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 06:06:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
That map was insane! Okay, so 32x32 seems kinda huge, but whatever.

RTS maps usually get much bigger than that. Transformation Gateways and Operation Centers will help in making sure that "big" is not "TOO big."

Quote:
I think I will do it in basic w/ C3. I'll have some time tomorrow.

What do you mean, "I will do it?" What's "it" ? Do you mean the campaign designer I posted in "New positions available?" Also, you sent me a message saying you weren't very good with Celtic III...as much as I would love you to have the job, I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into Rolling Eyes
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 06:29:38 pm    Post subject:

I am not experienced in C3. I know how to use xlib, though.

"it" refers to my stargate teleportation idea.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 06:36:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"it" refers to my stargate teleportation idea.

That makes sense. Sure, go ahead and work on the stargate teleportation, I'd love to see (rather than hear) what you have in mind
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 11:31:21 am    Post subject:

Eeems made us a user bar! The link (so you can add it to your signature) is

User Bar for Developers

Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2009 09:09:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 06:16:23 pm    Post subject:

ok, here is an animation I cooked up in school, you kind of overlay it or something, and wipe it as it moves up

Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2009 08:17:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 08:14:05 pm    Post subject:

here is my idea for the main part of the gui for the designer, without the menu popped down

EDIT: with menu popped down

Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2009 08:17:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rebma Boss

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 10:13:31 pm    Post subject:

Your Splitrons weapons are probably going to be overpowered against buildings. Might I suggest you cut its weapons power in half and double its HP?
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 12:33:39 am    Post subject:

Eeems: That's kind of what I was envisioning myself. Looks great!

Rebma Boss: That's a good idea. After all, part of my goal was to have the Splitron with high-HP...but it was either high HP or high weapons-systems
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 01:31:46 am    Post subject:

Thanks! I'll probably start by Monday, if I have the chance (not suppose to program on calc right now, but I can probably sneak it in)
it should be simple to code, although I don't know if I want to use picture variables or not... Should I build the screen maybe?
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 10:35:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Thanks! I'll probably start by Monday, if I have the chance (not suppose to program on calc right now, but I can probably sneak it in)
it should be simple to code, although I don't know if I want to use picture variables or not... Should I build the screen maybe?

Maybe...I think you should decide.

Whatever you do, don't do anything where if you get caught, you won't be able to program this for a long time. If that means delaying because you don't want to sneak things in, than by all means, delay and don't sneak things in.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 12:34:21 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I think I'll have to see which one is smaller...
Ah ok, well I should hopefully be getting it back soon, so I might not have to worry.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement