This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy) =>
Rebma Boss

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 08:01:46 pm    Post subject:

Hi, Hot Dog,

It seems that the Balkstone is taking the role of a Degruser...we should talk about this. Once air support is available, it seems that the only reason for a person to use a Degruser is either fear of Reclaudas or the special weapons a Degruser has at its disposal. In other words, the Balkstone seems too much like an assault ship itself.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Dec 2009 04:14:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It seems that the Balkstone is taking the role of a Degruser...we should talk about this. Once air support is available, it seems that the only reason for a person to use a Degruser is either fear of Reclaudas or the special weapons a Degruser has at its disposal. In other words, the Balkstone seems too much like an assault ship itself.

Something I just thought about...do you think the Balkstone is taking the role of a Camoza?
Rebma Boss

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 02:53:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Something I just thought about...do you think the Balkstone is taking the role of a Camoza?

Probably. What if we took out the extension coils altogether and just had a single weapon? For balancing, we'd want to have the weapon fire anywhere.

This SHOULD (though I'm not promising anything) make the Balkstone totally unique. It's a cheap form of air-to-ground, as opposed to Splitrons which require a lot of crystals to purchase. In addition, the Balkstone can still cloak.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 03:03:32 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like a plan to me :biggrin:
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 11:00:09 pm    Post subject:

ok, I have finally been able to transfer the stuff Very Happy
here is a screeny of what I have so far
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Jan 2010 12:30:08 am    Post subject:

It looks great, but what's with the ball at the bottom (hidden sometimes by the menu bar)? Also, I'm not sure a cursor is the best idea in the text screen...I like the idea for some of the wizards, but in the plain text screen, it might be a pain to edit text. This is because text is not edited directly on the screen...you select it to edit, than a new window opens allowing you to edit the full command. If that makes any sense to you, then it takes too much time to grab this text with the cursor

Great start!
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Jan 2010 01:10:44 am    Post subject:

We don't have to use the cursed if we don't want (and I need to do a little work to speed it up/switch to club keypress). The little ball is to let you know what key to press to open the menu.
I understand, kind of like lunar IDE did it, you select the line and edit it. I have a text input routine, so adding it to a popup shouldn't be to hard. I might have to do some small mods to the input routine (making you able to set a default value for editing Razz)
this is just a proof of concept. I was showing off how it works. Next I'll have to start planning out the actual GUI and the program flow.
I really wish rthprog was finished with darkfire so I could use it...
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Jan 2010 10:21:21 pm    Post subject:

here is that courser file you wanted Razz
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement