This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy) =>
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 03:58:00 pm    Post subject:

Okay, Eeems, I have a few details about the Campaign Designer. More will come as we progress with the coding of S.A.D.

* Your only concern should be reading from and writing to Campaign Application Variables. I will write the asm code S.A.D. needs to read and process this information.

* Campaigns are designed so that instructions are read one after the other. There is no jumping, no if-thens, and no looping. (The asm code will take care of that) There is only one instruction added after another.

* These instructions are listed in English as a "Mission Script," meaning instructions come one after the other, such as "Big Text" or "Pause," etc.

* These instructions can be edited manually using a built-in editor if needed. They are also added or edited using wizards, or step-by-step dialogs.

Here's an example: I might want to start my campaign by displaying "Mission #1" on the Home Screen. So I would select from the menu "Big Text," and I could type in the text I wanted to display, say "Mission 1." Afterwords, the script would show something like:

Big Text "Mission 1"

If I wanted to change this to something like "Mission Number 1", I could either edit it in the script window, or go back to the wizard to edit this.

Your instructions so far: Design the GUI, and take whatever time you need. There should be a menu bar at the bottom, and the rest of the screen at the top should be used for typing text.

Specifics:

* One of the menus at the bottom should say "FILE", the other should say "SCRIPTS." Leave room for if we think there should be other menus.
* Each menu should lead to a new screen with a series of 16 x 16 icons for the user to select from. There will also be a status bar at the bottom containing the name of the button and some basic information about it. Use whatever 16 x 16 pictures you want to, and don't worry right now about what happens when the person selects one of these buttons.
* You do not have to worry about providing any drawing tools. The campaign designer assumes that what the user needs has been stored in picture variables.

* For the File Menu:
New Campaign: Creates a new campaign. WARNING: This wil erase whatever campaign you're working on.
New Mission: Adds a new mission to your campaign.
Delete Mission: Deletes your current mission. WARNING: Make sure you fix any script errors this will cause in your other missions.
Go To Mission: Select from a list of missions to edit.
Save: Saves your current mission
Add Campaign Sprite: Adds a sprite that can be used for all cutscenes in the campaign
Add Unit: Adds a unit for the AI that can be used for all missions in the campaign
Add Faction: Allows you to add a faction for the AI
Add Custom Tile Set: Adds a tile set that can be used for any maps in the campaign
Save and Exit: Saves your work, and exits the Campaign Designer
Back: Returns to the script editor

* For the Scripts Menu:
Settings: Edit Misc. Mission Settings
Big Text Display: Allows you to add a screen with basic text information
Small Text Display: Allows you to add a screen with small, scrolling text information
Communications Room: Allows you to add a mission briefing screen
Display Picture: Allows you to display a 96 x 64 picture for the mission
Add Sprite: Adds a sprite that will appear in only this mission's cutscenes
Add Custom Object: Adds a custom object that will appear only in this mission
Add Map: Allows you to select the map that will be used for this mission
Add Cutscene: Takes you to the Cutscene editor
Edit AIs: Allows you to edit AIs for this mission
Add Mission Objectives: Adds a mission objective
Edit Tech Tree: Allows you to edit the tech tree for this mission
Set as Combat Mission: Sets this mission as a combat mission. This can be undone.
Back: Returns to the script editor

Of course, feel free to ask questions.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 06:58:53 pm    Post subject:

can I instead of having a new page, can I use dropdown (slideup in this case) windows? I have a good system for that) also I have a good system for popups of a sort
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 07:02:24 pm    Post subject:

That's a sweet user bar you have, I like it better than your first one

Sure, you can use the slide-up system. Any chance you can still do some kind of status bar or something that lets the user know what the option does? Maybe a pop up next to the menu or something...

Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2009 07:07:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 07:13:58 pm    Post subject:

thanks! I was using a more powerful userbar creator :D

I'm pretty sure that I can, I can use the popup system for that, just on a smaller scale then making menus from it
hmm, now I need to remember what all my subroutines do, and then make a readme...maybe I should release them...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement