This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy) =>
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 05:53:59 pm    Post subject:

I finished drawing the icons, now I need to start coding them!

The first picture is all ability icons for researching. If an ability has been researched or cannot be researched, the tile is left blank. Once again, you use the grid of nine keys

2nd MODE DEL
ALPHA XTThetaN STAT
MATH APPS PGRM

to select the options.

[attachment=2998:Submenu_Abilities.gif]

From left to right, top to bottom, by group:

Argo Plasma Torpedoes, Researched at an Argo Laboratory
Tank Extended Range, Researched at a Factory
Degruser Mines, Degruser Photon Torpedoes, and Raptor Deflector Shield, Researched at an Armory
Reclauda Detector, Reclauda Mine Detector, Reclauda Seismic Charge, Scouter Jet Pack, Balkstone Booster Engines and Camoza Booster Engines, Researched at a Starbase
Camoza ITNT, and Raptor Teleport, Researched at a Manhatton Station
Scouter Cloak, Camoza Cloak, and Balkstone Cloak, Researched at a Quantum Facility
Splitron Plasma Torpedoes, Researched at a Command Center

The second picture is options you can select at an Operation Center or a Transformation Gateway. From left to right, top to bottom: Exchange, Repair, Refuel, Restock, Refuel on Fuel, Refuel on Sephrane Gas

[attachment=3000:Submenu_Operate.gif]

The third picture is the structures you can build. The first group is basic structures. Pressing PGRM will take you to research facilities and Operation Centers, and pressing PGRM again will take you back to the basic buildings. Defense, Transformation Gateways, Detectors, ACCs, Watchtowers and Refineries are all basic structures.

[attachment=2999:Submenu_Buildings.gif]

And finally, here again is the icons for selecting ships using the hotkeys.

[attachment=3001:Submenu1.gif]

For those of you wondering where the option for "Teleport" is, that will come when I have a better idea of what the process of teleporting will look like.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Feb 2010 03:19:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Buckeye Dude

Posted: 14 Jan 2010 12:56:55 am    Post subject:

Just a quick demo of the tilemap. Still in its very early stages, but it should give you a rough idea of the map and how scrolling will work. It can scroll by an arbitray number of pixels so scroll speed will be customizable (default is 2, i also do smooth scrolling and by 8 in the demo).

Remember to view in Firefox/Opera for real speed of the gif.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 14 Jan 2010 07:46:51 am    Post subject:

Buckeye Dude wrote:
Just a quick demo of the tilemap. Still in its very early stages, but it should give you a rough idea of the map and how scrolling will work. It can scroll by an arbitray number of pixels so scroll speed will be customizable (default is 2, i also do smooth scrolling and by 8 in the demo).

Remember to view in Firefox/Opera for real speed of the gif.

I love how the image name is "sadtilemap" Smile
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 07:49:59 am    Post subject:

Looking good Smile.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 09:36:10 pm    Post subject:

He's got the quickness!
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 09:56:15 am    Post subject:

You have my eternal respect Shock
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 10:48:41 pm    Post subject:

I finally made shorter sprites for the ship units to take care of weapon ranges and screen space. I have yet to draw the rotations.

[attachment=3027:Small_Units.GIF]
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 12:53:02 pm    Post subject:

The system for building construction has been changed dramatically. Each building now has a building time. A Scouter starts a building and lets it construct on its own; this means that a Scouter can start construction of another structure as soon as it starts construction of the first one. An ACC, however, can only construct one building at a time.

For right now, there is now only one restriction on the ACC, in that it cannot repair buildings when an enemy is near.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 02:25:02 pm    Post subject:

Hot Dog wrote:
For right now, there is now only one restriction on the ACC, in that it cannot repair buildings when an enemy is near.

imo, you should change that into: you cant repair a building that took damage X seconds ago
the only disadvantage is that is might be slightly harder to implement..

or just create really slow auto-repair, aka starcraft zerg
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Feb 2010 11:58:20 am    Post subject:

No new screenshots. However, I successfully started implementing objects. Right now, when moving the tilemap around, pressing 2nd will select a random building and place it at the top right corner of the map position. I am now (if nothing more important comes up) currently working on making the building selection user-selectable, which I will probably have a screenshot for.

In S.A.D., a player can build up to 5 Operation Centers and up to 45 of any mixture of the other buildings.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Feb 2010 12:00:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Feb 2010 04:19:16 am    Post subject:

In the process of adding objects, I did some work on the icon menu system. My goal was to create menu code that would make it very, very easy to add the other menus, and it seems to be working so far. Here's the work I did on adding structures.

[attachment=3061:Adding_a_Building.gif]

In future versions, I'll add hotkey support, and the menu / description text will be displayed over the game, rather than on a blank screen.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 11:08:37 pm    Post subject:

I know there's been a lack of updates lately, and I apologize for that. Progress has continued on S.A.D., and there should be a new screenshot next week. We're also starting the turn-based version next week.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 11:28:37 pm    Post subject:

New screenshot! This build allows you to add buildings wherever the upper left hand corner of your screen is located

[attachment=3144:Adding_B...r_Corner.gif]
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 06:12:42 pm    Post subject:

Alrighty, a new build available to all! PLEASE RUN THIS ON AN EMULATOR, I will not be held responsible if you run this program on your actual calculator and it crashes.

Controls: (This is not final; doubtless there were be changes to make the key interface easier to use to play the game.)
----------------------------------------

Soft Keys: Change the speed at which the map scrolls
DEL: Toggle Cursor On/Off. You can use the cursor to move off the edge of the screen to see more of the map.
+ : Bring up the structure menu (For right now, you CANNOT add a building to the map when the cursor is turned on.)
ENTER: Select a building to add (then use the arrow keys to choose where you want to put the building. You can scroll off the edge of the screen like you can with the cursor)
2nd: Place your building on the map. Afterwards, you return to moving the map without the cursor

Next Up:
-------------------------
Using the cursor to view information about the structures

[attachment=3163:Cursor and Place Building.gif]
[attachment=3164:SAD.8xk]
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 03:58:47 am    Post subject:

New build

[attachment=3166:Info Mode Structures.gif]
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 12:14:35 am    Post subject:

New screenshot. It took a while for a progress update because I had to rewrite much of the engine. Buildings are now part of the tilemap for faster speed and better collision detection. Keys have been adjusted to allow for hotkeys. In addition, I added support for ships (just a reclauda for now) and added structure building times and a progress bar.

[attachment=3209:Progress Bar.gif]
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2010 09:55:17 am    Post subject:

New screenshot. Hotkeys, ships, and buildings/progress bar are implemented. You can try this Alpha 2 version of the game at

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?topic=3990.msg53809#msg53809

[attachment=3237:SAD Alpha 2.gif]
jhgenius01

Posted: 05 Sep 2010 10:42:19 pm    Post subject:

whoah i didn't know there was a whole section devoted to sad, i tried your alpha 3 and it's great!!! lots of work for sprites!
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Sep 2010 01:08:12 am    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

whoah i didn't know there was a whole section devoted to sad, i tried your alpha 3 and it's great!!! lots of work for sprites!

Speaking of which, here's the newest screenshot. A player can no longer build structures on top of solid objects / space, and a player can construct processing units and make money.

[attachment=3266:SAD Alpha 3.gif]
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Oct 2010 05:48:19 pm    Post subject:

Here's a new screenie. A preview of a player's ability to buy ships and have them produced at a building.

[attachment=3288:5 Raptors on Hold.gif]

Last edited by Guest on 03 Oct 2010 05:48:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement