This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhaliar

Posted: 05 May 2010 10:58:54 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

Honestly, I don't know. Probably won't know until you make them to find out, sadly. =<

And my next bit to do isn't bad, just a little time consuming.

I decided to forgo sprites. I'll do basics for ow. I do have one question though. The health bar, how did you get that to work. Right Now I use text(1,1,"hp1","/","hp2" ETC.
cssc

Posted: 06 May 2010 12:25:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad to see so much progress! I checked out the pokedex and it looked great. I didn't notice any problems at all, and was pretty impressed with the speed.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 07 May 2010 07:51:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks so much for checking it out!

Been going through the code for pokemon, changing how I deal with the events. Before it was in a list, with 150 slots, but I knew that the list was just going to get bigger, as there are more than 150 trainers. So I moved it to an appvar, and am going through the code to make the changes so the game can now use it.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 25 May 2010 09:31:16 am    Post subject:

Progress is still on going with the event system code. I was sadly ill most of last week, with some odd form of virus that had given me a massive headache from saturday until thursday, and a flu bug on monday.

Feeling decent enough now, finally getting some progress done with the pokemon shift routine, from when you catch it in the wild. Absorbing it into the party of 6 is complete (on paper, not tested) and I am currently writing the code out to put them in the proper PC box. This code is a bit.. complex, to say the least. I am writing code, that will create a program and write code based on which box number was last successfully uploaded to, and scans it for an open slot. If all slots are full, it moves on to the next pc box and starts the process over again.

So.. I am writing code.. that has to write code as a dynamic program, which calls an asm program to convert a list to a string, and then unarchive the proper pc box appvar, and write the pokemon data to it.

Probably the most complex BASIC/Celtic hybrid code I have written yet.
cssc

Posted: 26 May 2010 03:28:31 am    Post subject:

I can't even imagine the coding going into that. Sounds like you're on the ball though in terms of how to tackle the problem! Good Luck! (and glad you are feeling better)
Bhaliar

Posted: 28 May 2010 08:23:13 pm    Post subject:

Shock XD Looks good. I hope it all works. Thats my other problem with programming on paper. If I mess up I get so annoyed because I wasted time.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 May 2010 03:10:59 pm    Post subject:

Ah, see, I don't consider it wasted time, because I find optimizations as I do it with the first bit of written code. Makes things better in the end, even if I am going on my 4th revision on this particular code, I have found better ways to do a few things, so all is good. =]
Bhaliar

Posted: 31 May 2010 12:56:08 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

Ah, see, I don't consider it wasted time, because I find optimizations as I do it with the first bit of written code. Makes things better in the end, even if I am going on my 4th revision on this particular code, I have found better ways to do a few things, so all is good. =]

Yeah see, I tend to do it all on calc with notes for what variables are for what and for which lbls I have used. IF I have a new way of doing something, I tend to start it and rip chunks of code that I need and toss the rest.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 08:42:34 am    Post subject:

I used to do it that way, but pokemon is a massive project, and I need to squeeze everything I can out of the code and make it as small as possible, much much easier to see it spread out in a notebook to see what I can do than on the little calc screen.

As to pokemon, I managed to get a large chunk of the code I have been working on dumped into the calc. I still have the massive string that needs to be input in that creates the program that writes to the appvar. Hope to have that done here after while.
Bhaliar

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 05:29:33 pm    Post subject:

That and I actually found a good model of the damage "engine" for lack of a better word. It works real nice.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 01:31:30 pm    Post subject:

I have all the information on the attacks and equations that are part of that printed off and in my binder, one of the next things that gets done after I get the pokemon status screen working. Razz
Bhaliar

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 06:49:28 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

I have all the information on the attacks and equations that are part of that printed off and in my binder, one of the next things that gets done after I get the pokemon status screen working. Razz

I have a question. How are you doing the types. I was thinking a progressive number thing, but that wouldnt work.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Jun 2010 08:13:59 am    Post subject:

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean, 'how do I tell the different types apart' or.. What? XD *doesn't exactly understand the question*
Bhaliar

Posted: 04 Jun 2010 02:32:31 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean, 'how do I tell the different types apart' or.. What? XD *doesn't exactly understand the question*

Oh yeah sorry. Kind of a general question. Like hey, you remember that guy?

Any who, how do you tell which is which, and which has a weakness to which. Part of my attack damage uses a number based on weaknesses and if your the same type as the attack your using.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 11:18:45 am    Post subject:

I had planned on setting up a Matrix to use as a look up table of sorts, I just haven't implemented it yet.
tunt

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 12:58:04 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

I had planned on setting up a Matrix to use as a look up table of sorts, I just haven't implemented it yet.

Can you tell when your project will be done?(because i've got some friends who really want to play the game)
Bhaliar

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 03:39:43 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

I'm not sure. I've never tried to mess with matrices before, so I don't want to use it, because it'll take me more time to learn the necessary stuff. Ugh! I'll think of something in the end.
AMkiller

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Jun 2010 03:40:47 am    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

tifreak8x wrote:

I'm not sure. I've never tried to mess with matrices before, so I don't want to use it, because it'll take me more time to learn the necessary stuff. Ugh! I'll think of something in the end.

I suggest to put in it a string, just to save bytes, using substring.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 07 Jun 2010 11:52:43 am    Post subject:

Doing it that way makes it a bit harder. With the Matrix, all I have to do is have the rows be the type of the attacking pokemon, and the columns be the type of the defending pokemon. That way those two would come together, sort of, and you get what kind of damage is done. =]
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Jun 2010 05:32:26 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good. But be careful, as matrices can grow to massive sizes easily.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement