This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 12:04:28 pm    Post subject:

The element matrix would not be very big at all, and it won't grow o.o

Besides, I have been programming since 1998, I know what matrices can do Razz I rarely use them, however, due to the fact that they are horribly slow ><
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 03:13:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. The problem with the string would be that it would have to pull multiple types sometimes, and only one other times. Ugh. Maybe I'll hard code it in for each pokemon. Since its only a 1v1 battle system, with no multiple pokemon in a single battle, I could hard code in the weaknesses, and then the types for attack and your pokemon could be different. Yeah. That Might work. Because then I could store it to strings and use substring to search for the types that it is weak to.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 09:24:10 am    Post subject:

If you like, sounds like a great deal of wasted space to me, but I leave that to your judgement.

Quoted from other places:

Making some headway with this code for the pokemon party menu. I had found the coe that displays the boxes and such, so all I have to do is redo the code for displaying the names and HP of each. From there I will need to make the boxes selectable, and get the switch and stats options of them all working. I also still need to tie in that code that sends the pokemon you receive to the appropriate place into the 'getting starter' event.

After that, it is the dreaded battle system I will have to start working on ><
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 09:33:56 am    Post subject:

Bhaliar, about the typing, how about you treat every pokemon as multi-type and simply include a null-type, with no strength or weaknesses to anything?
Bhaliar

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 10:06:05 am    Post subject:

JoeYoung wrote:

Bhaliar, about the typing, how about you treat every pokemon as multi-type and simply include a null-type, with no strength or weaknesses to anything?

The null thing might work... I still think I might do a multi number system. Then hard code it if I can't figure something out. Maybe two digit numbers with each digit representing a different type. And 0 could be the null.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 20 Jun 2010 09:44:32 am    Post subject:

Progress as of this morning, I have the data being displayed to the screen correctly, I just have to finish populating the lists with enough data so I can begin working on getting menus and the like to work.

Edit:

Shows what I have at this moment. I am going to work on nullifying the 'errors' that pop up there. More screens coming soon.

Edit:

Proof to show that it now only shows occupied lists for pokemon, and the hp bar is calculated within the data display loop.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jun 2010 11:42:17 am; edited 1 time in total
cssc

Posted: 20 Jun 2010 09:39:46 pm    Post subject:

Looks great! And fast! What is the "!" next to some of the boxes?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 09:03:50 am    Post subject:

Kind of an 'alert' saying 'HEY! This pokemon needs attention!' :P

And thanks :lol:

Just got the cursor working this morning, working on making selecting the pokemon work. Not going to be overly easy.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Jul 2010 09:28:01 pm    Post subject:

So, progress on the menu setup.

I now have 1 of 2 status screens set up.

Compare this to:

Would like some thoughts on this. I didn't like how theirs was set up, so I modified it like this. I think this looks better, and will probably will go with it, unless everyone is against it.
cssc

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 09:31:33 am    Post subject:

Nope, looks great!
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 05:37:45 pm    Post subject:

Alright, I believe this shall be the final adjustments to page one of the status screen.

So, thoughts? Comments? Safe for me to go to work on page 2 now?

Edit: Some adjustments to the text placement to come later at the bottom left.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jul 2010 06:34:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 09:33:28 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

Alright, I believe this shall be the final adjustments to page one of the status screen.

So, thoughts? Comments? Safe for me to go to work on page 2 now?

Edit: Some adjustments to the text placement to come later at the bottom left.

Looks Good. Have you integrated it yet? or are you waiting until page 2 is done?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 10:14:49 am    Post subject:

Right now, it is sitting on my testing calc. I like to keep things I am building off the main project calc until I feel it is reasonably stable and can move it to the project calc and integrate it into the main game. I still need to see about setting it into the party system yet.

Work on page 2 has commenced. I have the sprite and exp stats pasted up, and verified I have enough room for displaying the Moves and their PP amounts. I hope to be able to get that done and a good screenshot up soon.

Edit:

Start of page 2

Got to do some filling in numbers into the list, so I can get some moves and such 'set' to have something to show.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jul 2010 09:09:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 01:12:55 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

Right now, it is sitting on my testing calc. I like to keep things I am building off the main project calc until I feel it is reasonably stable and can move it to the project calc and integrate it into the main game. I still need to see about setting it into the party system yet.

Work on page 2 has commenced. I have the sprite and exp stats pasted up, and verified I have enough room for displaying the Moves and their PP amounts. I hope to be able to get that done and a good screenshot up soon.

Edit:

Start of page 2

Got to do some filling in numbers into the list, so I can get some moves and such 'set' to have something to show.

I must say, the over all effect looks quite amazing, and hsa drawn my greatest amount of interest out of the Pokemon games so far. That, and unfortuanetly, I scrambled my game. To honerous for me to complete. Just too much data. I might redo it in axe parser.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 10:52:34 am    Post subject:

Thanks, and sorry to hear about your project. :< I know how it works with all this data, trust me. It can get overwhelming and confusing.

An update though:

I now have the attacks listed with their PP / Max PP next to each one. Of course, the numbers are all just filler data, Just going for what things should look like. I also used the longest names for the attacks, which is 12 characters. This way I could be sure that there was enough room to display the PP next to them.

Thoughts?

Next bit is to integrate it into the party menu and see about making the code Kerm provided work on right aligning the numbers for the first status screen, bottom left.

Edit:

Implemented Kerm's code to right align the numbers, used on the stats and the PP for attacks screen.

Next will be to integrate into the pp party.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jul 2010 09:58:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
cssc

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 11:32:19 pm    Post subject:

That looks fantastic! And it looks fast as well, well done Very Happy
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 10:51:09 am    Post subject:

With this screenshot, I officially dub the status setup complete. It is adaptive in the sense that it merely takes into account which LP# is in the slot via the L_PRTY list, stores it to Z, takes that and uses expr("LP"+sub("123456",Z,1->L_1

Then it bases all the display data off of what is in L_1. Makes that so much easier. You can also see that it does not allow you to select on an empty box.

Next bit is moving pokemon from one slot to another. This.. will be a bit tricky. I am thinking about allowing a pokemon to be moved, say in to the last slot regardless if the other two are occupied or not, simply to save space on programming, though if people are against this, I will make it so it cannot. Just makes the code that much more complicated.

The other bit of problem I will have is making it so it doesn't redraw the entire screen each time you move a pokemon. I haven't figured this out yet, but I am working on a solution. Weregoose, at one point in time, had helped with this code, but that was 2+ years ago, and I doubt he would have the code for it anymore. I can assure you that I do not. I have tore through everything in my notes, it simply no longer exists.

Anyways, that's progress up to date.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 07:56:58 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
The other bit of problem I will have is making it so it doesn't redraw the entire screen each time you move a pokemon. I haven't figured this out yet, but I am working on a solution. Weregoose, at one point in time, had helped with this code, but that was 2+ years ago, and I doubt he would have the code for it anymore. I can assure you that I do not. I have tore through everything in my notes, it simply no longer exists.
Upon knowing which two list positions are swapped, a formula could easily erase the corresponding areas, and then all you'd do is loop back to the section where the six slots are drawn, but don't bother outputting to those slots where the leftmost pixel of the HP bar is already black. Ta-da.

Give me some code, I could write this in for you.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Jul 2010 08:03:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Aug 2010 11:38:30 am    Post subject:

Some progress with the moving of pokemon in slots. The pauses were so I could easily jump to that point using ON, I just haven't gotten around to taking the first one out yet. I still need to get it to repopulate the boxes and then go back to the main aspect of the menu program. I also got to make sure that the other side of the menu works. But reposting the data to the boxes is a higher priority at this point. Thought I would share.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 02 Aug 2010 01:21:15 pm    Post subject:

How's this project doing? These forums are dead pretty much.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement