This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
MrXuj

Posted: 09 Jan 2010 09:48:12 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone!

My own introduction:
I'll let this post act as my introduction post too, haha. The name's MrXuj.
I've been roaming the UTI fora for a while now, looking around, adapting my code, learning several optimization methods, and more!

Anyway I've seen loads of RPG ideas, so I thought it might be a nice challenge to try and code one myself.

I read - a minute or so prior to posting this thread - metagross111's thread Complicated RPG. His idea is really similar to mine, although he has several stats in his list that I haven't incorporated in my game.

So let's get my list here too!

Player data:

1. Name
  2. Gender
  3. Class
  4. Specialty
  5. Gold

Player stats:

1. Health points
  2. Magic points
  3. Attack
  4. Defense
  5. Magic Attack
  6. Magic Defense
  7. Speed
  8. Experience

Elements that effect those stats:

1. Vitality
  2. Strength
  3. Intelligence
  4. Wisdom
  5. Agility

Weapon data:

1. Weapon mastery
  2. Weapon level
  3. Damage range
  4. Element

Items:

1. HPotion (small, medium, large)
  2. MPotion (small, medium, large)

- This will be coded in BASIC, as I have no knowledge of ASM whatsoever.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jan 2010 04:27:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 09 Jan 2010 03:36:47 pm    Post subject:

welcome to UTI, but you didn't have to hide your introduction. anyway good luck on your RPG
MrXuj

Posted: 09 Jan 2010 04:05:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the welcome, I edited the spoiler part out.
Added an items section, albeit quite small.
ztrumpet

Posted: 09 Jan 2010 05:10:11 pm    Post subject:

Wow, sounds really nice! Welcome to UTI.
MrXuj

Posted: 09 Jan 2010 05:38:40 pm    Post subject:

Thanks!

I'm currently thinking of incorporating quests, but I'm not really sure whether that wouldn't bloat the size of the game up too much.

What should the maximum size of a game be? 10Kb?

I had the game finished, but I'm currently rebuilding the entire thing. I found out a lot could've been done better. And it was entirely made in the home screen, and I'd like it in the graph screen.
ztrumpet

Posted: 09 Jan 2010 10:40:49 pm    Post subject:

Maximum size is really anything. There are games that are so large they don't fit on an 83+, but provide over 20 hours of highly graphical gameplay and small games that are under 100 bytes. It's mostly based on how long you want your game. For example I am working on a huge RPG that will take all the Mem on an 83+ to play. It's personal preference. :)

Is this your first game, or do you have a lot of experience. It sounds like you're doing a pretty good job on it. Smile
MrXuj

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 05:39:02 am    Post subject:

My goal is to make this game small enough so anyone with a 83+ could play it. Including those who have thrown nothing off.

This is my first game using BASIC. I've made some for the PC, but this really is a lot of fun.

Well projects go relatively smooth if you plan the entire thing out first, and then start building it. I remember the first game I made. I was just coding and making up stuff up along the way. That's usually not the way to go.

Anyway, the previous size was 9Kb, but that was a total letdown. The new size will be somewhere along the lines of 5Kb or higher. Higher if you include extra maps.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement