This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
skwerlman

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 10:00:01 am    Post subject:

Can anytone help me with ideas for a combat RPG? If you can, and are willing to share, please post them here.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 10:09:42 am    Post subject:

A desk, 100 sheets of paper, and the programming ability to make it happen.

If this is your first project, then this is the end of the road for you.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2010 10:10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
skwerlman

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 10:13:13 am    Post subject:

what do you mean by "end of the road"?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 10:21:38 am    Post subject:

What language are we talking about, for starters? And what is the greatest thing you've done in it so far?
skwerlman

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 10:29:59 am    Post subject:

TI-Basic, and the greatest thing I've done in it so far is create an advanced context menu system and universally (TI-83/84/+/SE) compatible graph screen output system.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 10:38:07 am    Post subject:

In that case, my cardinal advice is to not let your enthusiasm precede your capacity. Good luck.
Bhaliar

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 10:03:29 pm    Post subject:

Ahahaahahaha. I actually just finished my own rpg. No story behind it. just fighting baddies, and leveling up. Its got magic and weapons. combat is pretty basic. What specifically are you looking for.
skwerlman

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 11:22:49 am    Post subject:

I am looking for ideas on graphic design, as well as on storyline. But, as you said, the second one is, well, secondary.

Some important notes:

I am using the graph screen for output
I will be using a basic combat engine
I will probably not be using any assembly
Bhaliar

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 03:31:54 pm    Post subject:

Well that does Narrow it down. First, while the graph screen is good for making games on and all, do you have any knowledge of sprites? Second. as for a story, that requires explanation, which a good deal of text. You may be able to use some video, like for instance, an assassination, just the gun barrel in slow motion, shooting. Storyline, well are you look for a sword and spear kin of game or a bow and arrow and combat shotgun kind of game.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 08:43:12 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
A desk, 100 sheets of paper, and the programming ability to make it happen.

If this is your first project, then this is the end of the road for you.

You can get away with 50 pieces of paper if you write smaller. Very Happy
AMkiller

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 03 Feb 2010 03:07:08 am    Post subject:

What about a heroes: might and magic remake, using Celtic III string tilemapping? could be cool, yet a lot of work
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Feb 2010 03:59:58 am    Post subject:

I stand behind Weregoose's advice but I'd like to tell you to not stop dreaming big. We all love to see enthusiasm like yours but don't let it get to your head, to restate the previous admonishments.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Feb 2010 04:00:30 am; edited 1 time in total
kinkoa

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 11:40:35 pm    Post subject:

before you get ahead of yourself you need to try things on your own to see what your capable of, im not saying that people dont need to help you or you should make it before asking for help but make some smaller programs possibly a small rpg that only has simple things just to see if your ready, also if your planning on using the graph screen familiarize yourself with Plot#( it can come in handy, another thing consider using Celtic3 for the graphics its time consuming but worth it, i myself am working on an RPG called Xion and its quite elaborate plus its on the homescreen

Note: its better to do rpg's using sub routines if you dont know how to then you need to learn how because it will save time and energy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement