This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
youssarian

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 05:07:04 pm    Post subject:

I call it Windows Explorer. It's based on the two-paned setup of Windows XP's file view. The left pane presents the options to run, un/archive, un/lock, delete, scan the calculator for programs, and quit. The bottom of that pane shows the size, the file type, archived status and locked status. On the right side is a scrollable list of programs. Almost like MirageOS but without hiding/unhiding and the myriad of additional features it comes with.

My reason for writing this program is because, well, scrolling through TICalc.org's archives, I haven't found a program which displays all the programs AND shows information about them AND allows various functions to be done upon them. In addition, I don't plan on it being a stand-alone program; rather, I'm hoping someone will adopt it for use in their shell.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 07:28:47 pm    Post subject:

Ti memory list?
youssarian

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 10:23:05 pm    Post subject:

Point me in its direction?
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 10:59:01 pm    Post subject:

[2nd] [+] [2]
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 11:00:22 pm    Post subject:

metagross111 wrote:
[2nd] [+] [2]

You can't use that to change lock status though D:
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 11:50:31 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:
metagross111 wrote:
[2nd] [+] [2]

You can't use that to change lock status though D:

well, the thing is, the project doesn't sound all that useful. TC himself it was going to be like MirageOS with a lot of the nicer features cut, so why not just recommend MirageOS?

and if anyone cares about locking their stuff up, they'd really use their own method to do so. it'd take me like a minute to write a celtic3 prog to do what i need.

additionally, I don't think anyone is going to take it seriously if you name it "windows explorer"

Last edited by Guest on 10 Feb 2010 11:52:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
youssarian

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 10:26:51 pm    Post subject:

OK so then I might rename it... :P

I want it to be something someone would integrate into a BASIC shell. Goodness knows there are enough of those. I've yet to find a way to run an application from BASIC (or ASM for that matter o.O)
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 08:48:23 am    Post subject:

That's not as easy as you'd think. (in asm. It's impossible in pure basic)
kinkoa

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 09:33:10 am    Post subject:

Mapar007 wrote:
That's not as easy as you'd think. (in asm. It's impossible in pure basic)

i learned the hard way i made a windows shell in pure basic that all it needed was the program manager and i found out it couldnt be done
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement