This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
eveenstra

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 06:03:59 pm    Post subject:

I just realized it's been about 10 days, and I haven't gotten back to y'all yet.

I left my calc running the flash testing thing overnight, and it ran itself out of batteries.
So far, I still haven't gotten any replacements.

Also looked in Best Buy for the I/O cable, which they didn't have. I'll try RadioShack.
DrDnar

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 09:06:58 pm    Post subject:

Er, I leaving the flash test running is a great way to kill batteries. It's also probably the fastest way to wear out the flash chip. Though I have no clue how fast that would happen.
thepenguin77

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 02:30:58 pm    Post subject:

I think what he is asking is what does the number on the screen represent: it represents the number of times the test has been completed successfully.
eveenstra

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 04:38:54 pm    Post subject:

[quote name='Dr. D'nar' post='141096' date='Mar 22 2010, 10:06 PM']Er, I leaving the flash test running is a great way to kill batteries. It's also probably the fastest way to wear out the flash chip. Though I have no clue how fast that would happen.[/quote]
(sarcasm)Thanks.(/sarcasm)
thepenguin77 wrote:
I think what he is asking is what does the number on the screen represent: it represents the number of times the test has been completed successfully.

Yes, that was one of my questions. Thanks for the answer.
eveenstra

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 04:08:03 pm    Post subject:

Alright, the USB is hopeless. I tried three different calcuators, switched the ends of the cable, and tried SendID and SendOS. Nothing works. Any other suggestions before I blow it up? Smile
codemaker92

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 05:38:22 pm    Post subject:

I myself Have the exact same problem, let me know if you find anything that works, (if you have, please hurry, the AP test is coming up!)
I tried all of the above suggestions, and like you had no results, I tried doing just about everything to get the computer to talk to it... but with no luck.
Thanks!
DrDnar

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 12:25:41 am    Post subject:

All I can suggest is that you report the issue to TI. Hopefully they will, at the least, replace your units, and perhaps release fixes for the severe problems the OS has. I wouldn't count on a fix, though. The bugs I've encountered feel sort of like Heisen bugs; the way the bugs manifest is intimately connected to the exact state of the calculator's hardware at that time, as well as the temperature, acceleration of gravity, and phase of the moon. TI may not believe that tracking down the issues is worth the expense.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Apr 2010 08:19:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
fullmetalcoder

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 03:52:25 am    Post subject:

Dr. D wrote:
eigen bugs

Heisen bugs, named after Heisenberg (famous for the uncertainty principle) and not after linear algebra...
DrDnar

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 08:19:59 pm    Post subject:

Lies. Just because I've been taking a linear algebra course doesn't at all mean I'm likely to mix those two up.
MrDenBoris

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 02:16:38 pm    Post subject:

I 've found THE site you need. Here he is ;)

[html]http://epsstore.ti.com/OA_HTML/csksxvm.jsp?nSetNumber=11945[/html]

I had the same problem as you and after hours of searching, I found this site. Your problem is explained verry well on that site. This is what they say:

• Connect the TI Connectivity cable between the computer and the calculator.
• Click on Start >> Programs >> TI Tools >> TI Connect >> TI OSDownloader
• Follow the on-screen directions to reinstall the calculator's OS.

If the message "Error! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on." appears on the graphing calculator, quickly, remove one battery from the calculator and reinstall it while the transfer is taking place.

Alternative Option:

If the steps above fail or a TI Connectivity Cable is not available, the operating system can also be restored using another calculator.

If you have a mac, you have to look on the site.

Your TI 84+ will work again Wink.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Jan 2012 02:21:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
MadhavGharmalkar

Posted: 02 Apr 2012 08:10:12 pm    Post subject:

I believe that my calculators's certificate is corrupt because it crashes while validating the OS. I still need help, thanks in advance Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement