This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy) =>
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Mar 2010 01:44:49 pm    Post subject:

As much as everyone is excited about the Real-Time Strategy Game S.A.D., we know it's going to take a while since it's being programmed in pure asm by people who have big schedules. So even though we will make sure the game is well worth the wait, I feel that people should have something to make it easier to wait. I am also wanting to make sure I keep myself on this project so I don't just give up all of a sudden. Finally, I want some experience working on the AI so that I can implement it in asm format.

So, as mentioned in the title, I'm thinking about a side project of a turn-based version of S.A.D, which will be Ti-Basic with Xlib.

Here's the idea:
-----------------

The game will be strictly multiplayer or against a single AI
It will use the graphics the real-time version of S.A.D. uses
There will be, oh, probably 7-8 maps, with about 3-4 tilesets
This will be turn-based, not real-time
Battles will be handled automatically, simulated rather than displayed
Gameplay will be similar to the real-time game: Using one unit and changing it to fit your strategy, constructing bases, teleporting via transformation gateways and operation centers, using special abilities, etc.

I won't be able to do this alone. I have some people who offered to help, but if you're looking for something to work on, the more, the merrier. So I have some benefits to offer if you decide to pitch in:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Access to pre-alpha, alpha and beta versions of S.A.D. (the real-time version)
* Mention in the credits in both the turn-based and real-time versions of S.A.D.
* Autographed copies of both the turn-based and real-time based manuals (Don't get my attitude wrong, please. It's just some people really enjoy receiving autographs)
* You can name a character or a station in the campaign, if you want to
* The feeling of actually putting some work into S.A.D. besides testing...after all, the work going into this will help us further improve the real-time version of S.A.D.

Let me know if you like the idea and want to help. And remember, this is NOT assembly, it's pure Ti-Basic with some Xlib to help with graphics.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 10:08:35 am    Post subject:

Sorry for the double post. For those interested in seeing the progress of this particular project, we're going to start working on it sometime this week.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement