This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
DrDnar

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 01:53:44 am    Post subject:

If you've used 2.53MP, you may have noticed that Omnicalc has some issues with it. I've taken the initiative and added a few checks into Omnicalc to disable the features that seem to cause problems. Think of this as a beta release, so we can work out if there are any more issues that need to be solved.

Code:
Changes to Omnicalc for OS 2.53 compatibility:
 - Virtual Calc disabled if the unit has bad RAM
 - RAM Recovery disabled if the unit has bad RAM
 - Version displayed is 2.26 BE if the unit has no or defective extra RAM, 2.26 MP otherwise
 - I would like some one with a calculator with bad RAM to test to see if the above is true. You don't need to install OS 2.53, either.
 - Entries Menu disabled if OS >= 2.53 installed
 - Parentheses Assistant disabled if MathPrint is active
 - Token Showing disabled on homescreen if MathPrint is active
 - Partial line clearing disabled if MathPrint is active
 - Custom fonts now work in more places, such as on the graph screen :) You don't need OS 2.53 to make this work, either. (This writes the font data to 0FE78h.  I figure the OS seldom touches that.)

Bugs I know about that Omnicalc has in OS 2.53 (marked + if fixed):
 - First, note that 2.53 is very unstable even without the help of assembly programs.
 - On+n doesn't work in the Catalog.  Therefore, the custom menu doesn't work.
+/- Entries menu is very broken
+/- Token show is glitchy if MathPrint is enabled.
 - It is unknown if MathPrint is safe to use with RAM Recover and Virtual Calc. For now, the features are enabled.  Please report your experiences.
 - It is unknown if Fast Apps is safe to use MathPrint enabled.  Whether the unit has bad RAM may also affect whether this is safe.
 - The Omnicalc PRGM menu doesn't work in the program editor.

The attached file has the application and the source. I hope Michael will one day incorporate these changes back into the official release.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Mar 2010 01:54:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 04:43:08 pm    Post subject:

Nice work. Someone will certainly be able to test it. Many "smart" users use Omnicalc.

Too bad I don't OS 2.53MP... It could be cool, but I prefer 2.43 for full compatibility for everything before. Either I would test it.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 05:25:21 pm    Post subject:

I'll test it on my 84+SE as soon as I get a chance, nice job taking up the initiative on this.
mister

Posted: 01 Oct 2010 12:21:27 pm    Post subject:

Hi, I just downloaded this program, is there any way to allow to comma separator to work when it displays a negative number? Thanks!
DrDnar

Posted: 02 Oct 2010 12:53:06 am    Post subject:

Omnicalc doesn't normally display thousands separators for negative numbers. This has nothing to do with 2.53MP or my modifications. I'm not sure why Michael never programmed that. If you really need me to, I could try to add such functionality. The relevant code is in cxmain.asm starting at label cxMain_Thousands.
mister

Posted: 02 Oct 2010 12:23:15 pm    Post subject:

Dr. D wrote:

Omnicalc doesn't normally display thousands separators for negative numbers. This has nothing to do with 2.53MP or my modifications. I'm not sure why Michael never programmed that. If you really need me to, I could try to add such functionality. The relevant code is in cxmain.asm starting at label cxMain_Thousands.

Ok, I took a look at the code but I have NO IDEA what is going on in there, haha. If you know how to add this feature, would you mind adding it in? I am taking a couple finance classes this semester, and the comma separators really help when dealing with budgeting numbers in the millions.... Myself and a few other classmates would absolutely LOVE it if you if you can make this happen! Anyways your beta seems very stable and hasn't crashed so I really appreciate your efforts in making a better program for the lastest OS. Thanks!

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jan 2011 05:47:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 02:58:56 pm    Post subject:

This does seem like it would be rather nice addition... I am not very good with source code and stuff and your finance class is probably over by now, but that doesn't mean other people cannot make use of this. I'll take a look at the code and see if I might be able to come up with something.

[Edit:]Wow, necro post much? Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jan 2011 03:11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 09:46:44 am    Post subject:

Gar, I don't like to double post, but I found the problem only a half hour after posting. Unfortunately, I do not know how to use assemblers or which assemblers to use. Anyway, if anybody is interested, before the "cp RealObj" you need an "and 1Fh". I figured this out a month and a half ago when I was working on BatLib... I tried a negative number one day and it wouldn't work. I then remember the SDK saying something about using and 1Fh et voila! So anyway, could somebody either inform me on how to use an assembler or could somebody compile it, please?!
Galandros

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 07:13:01 pm    Post subject:

I can change the code and reassemble it. I can do it tomorrow if I find where it needs replacement. Ponting the file and line would be nice.

Using the assembler is not hard specially using SPASM, it really eases things because it creates variables to directly sent to your calculator, there is no need for a linker.
You just need to use simple command line procedures (change folders and call the assembler) and a simple text editor, notepad suffices.
Xeda112358

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 07:17:54 pm    Post subject:

Ah, yeah computer+me= !?!?WHA...?!
It's kind of why I avoid using an assembler... The source for my app is a bunch of .dw statements.

Okay, here is the changed file. I am pretty sure it will work, anyway
Galandros

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 08:29:57 am    Post subject:

Thanks, I will look into assembling it.
I forgot to mention that sometimes source code work on certain assemblers and on others they need modifications... Sometimes can be tedious and frustrating to work it out. But I pretty know how to deal with assemblers.
EDIT: it uses Zilog Development Studio, a one of the assemblers I never tried but I know some things about it but not very well how to link to .8xk files.
Dr. D'nar has it set-up so just assemble the package. (I included some notes about the fix)

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2011 09:27:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 12:01:31 pm    Post subject:

Ah, yeah, I don't have ZDS either... Sad I only have a really basic knowledge of how to use an assembler, anyway. Like, seriously, I made a converter to convert the hex for BatLib into .dw statements for TASM (because I have to use an assembler to output the .hex file for signing). Now if Omnicalc was all .dw statements... Very Happy
Here is the source for BatLib if you are curious:
[attachment=3381:SpriteLib (source -ish).asm]

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2011 12:01:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 12:37:43 pm    Post subject:

As alternative to
.dw $FFFF,$0000
there is
.db $30,$C9 that makes one byte at a time. I also posted on other topic that on Omnimaga they wrote a tool to convert opcodes to mnemonics. But it is used on IRC... Maybe if they did it for a bot, they can do easily another in the form of online site or computer application.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2011 12:40:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 04:15:51 pm    Post subject:

Oh, yeah, I used .db originally, but it has a limit of 31 statements per line, so I used .dw instead. Also, I have Assemblex (I got it from Omnimaga), but my code is about 90 pages long... I am sorting through it adding labels and whatnot Very Happy
Hayleia

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 02:30:15 pm    Post subject:

Will this version work with 2.55 MP too (by "work", I mean without incompatibilities (forgot wher the "y" is in that word XD))
Xeda112358

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 04:02:07 pm    Post subject:

I am pretty sure there were some bugs that have not been fixed, but otherwise, I think it will work as well as it did on 2.53 MP.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement