This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Bhaliar

Posted: 01 May 2010 01:12:02 pm    Post subject:

So I recently had a friend ask me to make a pokemon game where there is one or two pokemon two each class. (Water,Fire,Electricity, etc.)and you battle them I was just wondering a couple of things. I was debating whether I should use plot sprites for the pokemon in battle. I was also wondering if the best way to do the battles is to have seperate lists for each players stats and stuff, and when you choose a pokemon, you will have the stats added to those lists.

Also, you will only be using 1 pokemon per battle to avoid issues with size. I am going to try to make a single player version first, where you can maybe choose how many pokemon your enemy can have. You will be able to save your pokemons level, moves, exp, stats, etc. in the single player only, and if i get around to it, the multiplayer will have a thing where you can port from different save files.

Oh, and one more thing, I don't have much sprite experience.

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2010 01:12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 May 2010 04:07:17 pm    Post subject:

you making this in basic? in any case, I made something almost identical to\ what you described a year ago. update still pending XD

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/414/41488.html
Bhaliar

Posted: 05 May 2010 11:01:55 am    Post subject:

JoeYoung wrote:

you making this in basic? in any case, I made something almost identical to\ what you described a year ago. update still pending XD

Yes, in Basic.

Looks nice. Mine is that minus as much sprite work. Mine will have the ability to buy and use potions.

Last edited by Guest on 05 May 2010 11:02:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 22 May 2010 11:03:50 am    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

JoeYoung wrote:

Yes, in Basic.

Looks nice. Mine is that minus as much sprite work. Mine will have the ability to buy and use potions.

Okay, So far I have the basic visuals programmed. You can choose attacks and the hp bars work, along with potions and running. etc. Its actually pretty fast despite the stuff I've been putting in. Right now, I have to add in the damage "engine". I'm gonna try and find an example of how the actual one from like yellow worked. Then I will make it so you can choose your pokemon and his moves. After, I'm either gonna make sprites and or make it so you can have multiple pokemon.
Bhaliar

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 05:34:16 pm    Post subject:

Okay so I have the battle engine completed, minus sprites. I just need to write the code for leveling up and pokemon choosing. (You and your enemy.)Like I said, still having problems with ticonnect. I think I have a bad driver hidden somewhere because I can't find it.
Bhaliar

Posted: 13 Jun 2010 10:38:48 am    Post subject:

Okay, so I have come along way since my last update. Thanks to a very generous and handsome and kind and great... Fellow unitedtier, I have some sprites to work with. I also have added in the leveling up. The enemy level chooser. Rare candies(Insane amount of gold), and put in the save and load features. Now, I need to make it so you can choose your pokemon, and so that you can get new moves when you level up. Also, I have been having trouble coming up with a way to do the types. Some people have suggested strings, but I've run out of them, needing them to name the moves, and to erase and draw names and such.

Most likely, I will come up with a way to do the types in the next two days, especially since part of my battle engine uses them. Also, I have decided that when you level up for moves, instead of having all the moves on the calc, I am going to draw out the program on a list, with separate programs with moves for each pokemon. Then I'll either put them all into my archive, or program them as people want them.

Edit: Haha! Finally go ti connect working. Here is demo.
Edit: Nvm. There is a pic that is stored to my calc that I'll have to try to hard code in or something.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2010 12:41:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement