This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 May 2010 11:21:58 am    Post subject:

Hello,

I'm following this tutorial: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742215.aspx#footerLink

I'm on step 5 where you would change the output type to Class Library to compile the page as a DLL, but when I follow the directions up to that point that option is grayed out not letting one select it.

Any reasons as to why this might be?

The thing that sucks is they give you no other advice if something doesn't behave like it should. Another thing to add to the list of things Microsoft can't do well: writing tutorials.
benryves

Posted: 14 May 2010 11:51:50 am    Post subject:

Indeed, Output type: In a WPF Browser Application project, this option is disabled. I'm not sure why that original tutorial is using a WPF Browser Application; if you create a regular WPF Application it should work fine.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 May 2010 03:05:01 pm    Post subject:

benryves wrote:

Indeed, Output type: In a WPF Browser Application project, this option is disabled. I'm not sure why that original tutorial is using a WPF Browser Application; if you create a regular WPF Application it should work fine.

Thanks benryves, I'll try that. I guess I should have done that to begin with but sometimes when you follow a tutorial you feel you need to follow it to the "t" or it may not work. haha Laughing
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement